Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to authenticate AP watches?

HI,

Interested to buy second hand AP watches. Please advise where do i send them for verification and how much it costs. Thank you.

Where to authenticate AP watches?

Hi all,

I am interested in purchasing a 2nd hand AP watch. Please advise where is their service centre and how much its costs for verification? Thank you.

Comment

the AP svc centre just shifted last year.

the new address is

341 River Valley Road 01-01
      238372 Singapore
      Singapore
      t: 6238 6678
      f: 6738 6676

very nice place with plenty of car lots.

i think AP together with some other companies leased the whole place (should be an old sch compound) from the govt, then convert it into commercial uses.

imho, one of the nicest svc centre around, better than the old one located at liat towers.

a relaxed kind of feel with a big carpark, plenty of trees.
      very different from normal svc centres which are located in commercial office block.

you can call them for advise on verification
      "The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...
      the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind.
      If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." ALBERT EINSTEIN (1879-1955)

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I just called them but it seems they do not provide any local verification services. I need to send my watch to the service centre and then they will send it to Switzerland for verification and have the director stamp on it. Din ask on the charges though.

Comment

bro, re the ap u are buying,

a)is it an older model?
          b)with box/paper?
          "The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...
          the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind.
          If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." ALBERT EINSTEIN (1879-1955)

Comment

Originally posted by skins View Post
            Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I just called them but it seems they do not provide any local verification services. I need to send my watch to the service centre and then they will send it to Switzerland for verification and have the director stamp on it. Din ask on the charges though.
            sorry ot..but i think you might kena chop carrot liao
            Opportunities come once

Comment

few ways to verify

i'm assuming the watch doesn't come with B&P?

here're few options:

1. AP service centre doesn't offer local verification service but you can still send in the watch and let them check case reference number against the system. If it's there in the system, it's authentic (outer case only and you've to assume that the movement is authentic). immediate and it's FOC

2. Buy the watch then send it in to APSC, wait few months for them to check because they send it back to Switzerland. After checking, the Director will issue the "cert of authenticity". This costs you around $300-400. if the watch is fake, they confiscate it.

3. Send the watch in and request for a service quotation. They'll need to open the case, check inside and come back to you with a quote. takes a little more time but this should be good enough. Typical overhaul costs $1400++ excluding parts and polishing..just fyi

Before you buy an AP watch (applicable to ROO models only), there're 2 ways to check authenticity first based on cosmetic features that are not easy to copy by "A" grade replicas. Call me at 98398007 weekend/next week if you want to know (i'm rushing off to a meeting now)

cheers

james
              I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
              A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
              Audemars Piguet ROO
              Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
              De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
              Habring2 Pilot Time Date
              Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
              Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
              IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar