Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for an everyday watch

Hey Bros,

I'm new to this forum, any recommendations to get a everyday watch, other than a submariner?

Thanks for your kind replys!

1st of all, you will need to identify yourself what kind of personality is in you...
    Are you a "dressy" person? Or an "active" one?
    What kind of watches will click with you? Sports? Dress? Military? Or "artistic" work with complications?
    What kind of budget will you be spending for this "everyday" watch, which will follow you eventually every single day, without you looking at it with "sian" mood?

Once you can identify what kind of person yourself is... with the budget stated, you may eventually have a direction to go...

Comment

Thanks for your reply bro, i'm more of an active person, i like diver watches, but want to avoid a submariner, budget, hmmmm, max 10k? , preferably brand new for that kind of price?, nothing really comes to my head , except the submariner, but like bored of it, like a singaporeans uniform, everone has one, any recommendations?

Comment

Omega seamaster is a good alternative to the submariner.... but the submariner still looks better.

Comment

How about panerai submersible? A few new interesting models released this year.or otherwise the 305 is a pretty good bet.
          elusive

Comment

What about the Explorer? Not a diver but still a handsome sports watch and not as common as the Submariner.

Comment

Do you mind if it's a preowned watch? If not sea-dweller will made a perfect choice. And it's not commonly seen as sub. Furthermore, it's a pure dive watch... Cheers
              Current:
              No More Liao...

Comment

JLC NSA? IWC Aquatimer? GO Sports? Tudor Blackbay? Ball Hydro?
                actually.. get a watch you love (be it a casio) and it will be your everyday watch liao.
                在幻变的生命里, 岁月, 原来是最大的小偷...

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
                  How about panerai submersible? A few new interesting models released this year.or otherwise the 305 is a pretty good bet.
                  305 is a titanium watch. It will scar very easily as a daily beater and look terrible after a while.

In my opinion, from a practical standpoint, a beater should be:
                  -Not too expensive
                  -Have a good reliable movement, even if it's an ETA.
                  -Reasonable depth rating for water-tightness

Last but not least, it should be something you'd be proud to wear even if it isn't the most bling/classy watch in your drawer.
                  "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

What about a high-end Seiko? The Grand Seiko Spring Drive divers are really really nice too! Some forumers here bring them in at a good price if you are interested.

Comment

Thanks tjie for your kind opinion, the sea,aster abit small for my wrist, I've checked out the latest 8500 PO, looks kind of nice, but a bit pricey for an omega... Any lobangs?

Comment

satch, thanks for your reply, agreed with dark.magnet, titanium watches, once scratched, looks kind of bad
                        alexlobov, thanks for your reply, had a good look 216570, new explorer II , quite nice, any suggestions on where to get a deal on this watch, i think its going to be one of my few choices.
                        Throttle,thanks for your reply but i'll pass the datejust, makes me feel old, i need something more sporty...

Comment

Newbie09, thanks for replying bro, quite true, but from far everything thinks ist a sub, i dont really like pre-own watches, will save up a couple of months more should i choose to get a sea-dweller.

alantannottam, thanks bro for replying, the tudor blackbay looks good, would be even better if it had a date.... hmmm, should consider... agreed, casio , got so many nice watches, but wont look good, if i'm out for formal dinners or meetings....

Comment

Bros, at the moment, cosidering
                            1)tudor blackbay
                            2)omega caliber 8500 PO
                            3)Rolex explorer 2, 216750( orange hand very catchy

any other recommedations? Thanks guys for you time.

Comment

Originally posted by luxurydoc View Post
                              satch, thanks for your reply, agreed with dark.magnet, titanium watches, once scratched, looks kind of bad
                              alexlobov, thanks for your reply, had a good look 216570, new explorer II , quite nice, any suggestions on where to get a deal on this watch, i think its going to be one of my few choices.
                              Throttle,thanks for your reply but i'll pass the datejust, makes me feel old, i need something more sporty...
                              My boss just bought one in KL for around SGD9k. I can ask him for the AD contact if you like. Drop me a PM.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X