Ezm3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ezm3

I'm thinking of getting this model. Any thoughts/feedback or complaints on this?

Would like to hear.

Thanks!

Just bought one from THG myself.
    It's a bit of an oddball, but this model is refreshingly different from the U series. If you google the original lemania-driven EZM1, you might find some interesting dial variants, all of which command a premium these days. Looking at these dials and that of the EZM3, what comes to mind are masked workers in a nuclear plant on a radioactive planet.

The steel case is much lighter than the U1 because it is not of the same tegimented sub steel and is 40mm. Therefore it will scratch more easily. The hands are not as legible as the U1 because they are slimmer and have less luminova surfaces. The minute and hour indices are radially arranged round the dial, and so are the bezel minute markers. Together, this makes the dial look strangely mesmerising i suspect because it gives the dial an apparent "depth".

The movement is the same ETA as the U1 so nothing to compare there. The Ar capsule enables Sinn to extend the warranty to 3 yrs from the standard 2. I believe that once the capsule has reached maximum moisture saturation, it can be replaced locally. All THG needs to do is to order the capsule from Germany and fit in. There is no reason why the watch must be sent back to Germany for this.

The depth rating for the EZM3 is a pathetic 50m, embarressingly. Cannot match the U1.

If you decide on one, go for the silicone strap/buckle, which is slimmer than the one used on the U1 due to shorter lug width. For 300extra bucks, the bracelet is just darn lousy. All in all, this watch is more "tool" than the U1 in terms of appearance. But the U1 is functionally more robust.

Comment

THanks Puck!

Comment

Currently, theres a promotion for this watch at THG with the use of UOB credit card. You may want to check it out at good lobang.

Comment

Originally posted by puck View Post
          It's a bit of an oddball, but this model is refreshingly different from the U series. If you google the original lemania-driven EZM1, you might find some interesting dial variants, all of which command a premium these days. Looking at these dials and that of the EZM3, what comes to mind are masked workers in a nuclear plant on a radioactive planet.

The steel case is much lighter than the U1 because it is not of the same tegimented sub steel and is 40mm. Therefore it will scratch more easily. The hands are not as legible as the U1 because they are slimmer and have less luminova surfaces. The minute and hour indices are radially arranged round the dial, and so are the bezel minute markers. Together, this makes the dial look strangely mesmerising i suspect because it gives the dial an apparent "depth".

The movement is the same ETA as the U1 so nothing to compare there. The Ar capsule enables Sinn to extend the warranty to 3 yrs from the standard 2. I believe that once the capsule has reached maximum moisture saturation, it can be replaced locally. All THG needs to do is to order the capsule from Germany and fit in. There is no reason why the watch must be sent back to Germany for this.

The depth rating for the EZM3 is a pathetic 50m, embarressingly. Cannot match the U1.

If you decide on one, go for the silicone strap/buckle, which is slimmer than the one used on the U1 due to shorter lug width. For 300extra bucks, the bracelet is just darn lousy. All in all, this watch is more "tool" than the U1 in terms of appearance. But the U1 is functionally more robust.
          Tks for the review. Almost went down to HR to get it when I saw the promotion.
          After seeing this will think twice

Comment

have to correct you on the diving depth.. it should be 500m, i.e., 50 Bar..

Comment

Originally posted by definitelydan View Post
              That sound more right for a diver watch

Comment

This watch is kinda of small if you are used to big watch and is very thin

Comment

Originally posted by daveevan View Post
                  That sound more right for a diver watch
                  indeed

was quite surprised when i saw 50m too so i went to Sinn's webpage to confirm..

Comment

have seen this model, not as appealing as the u1

Comment

The steel case is much lighter than the U1 because it is not of the same tegimented sub steel and is 40mm. Therefore it will scratch more easily.

Yeah ditto - Depth is 500m, not 50m. Also, U1 case is sub steel but NOT tegimented. Only the bezel is tegimented

Comment

Originally posted by definitelydan View Post
                        Sorry my bad.

Some feel that the U1 is more attractive. But the EZM3 has more of a mission-timer appearance. I chose the EZM3 over the U1 primarily based on it's aesthetics. So far i have not seen anyone on the streets donning the EZM and it's variants.

check out this website containing an army of various versions of bug-eyed EZMs:
                        http://forum.atgvintagewatches.com/s...ead.php?t=1567

It is my belief that the EZM will catch on in popularity. A very strange yet interesting sinn model to own.
                        Last edited by puck; 21-05-13, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Bought it to have a taste of Sinn :-)

Comment

This is nice .. tx for sharing
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

you bought 2 from the UOB tied up with THG

Originally posted by pandaerik View Post
                              Bought it to have a taste of Sinn :-)

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X