Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I prefer the U1 on rubber but...

Hi, need advice promptly.

I just got this watch and had sized the original rubber to the shortest. Yet, it is still big for my wrist. I want to continue to use the original strap and wonder what I can do to further shorten it.

Tx.
    The Crown Of Achievement

http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/92036-...1-rubber-strap

i am a 6.75" and i size it to one hole remaining on the 12oclock and no hole at the 6oclock
    if you have removed all holes but still too big, i guess your wrist is less than 6.5" (assuming you are using the same large deployant clasp)

for wrist below 6.5", the best way is to use the sinn rubber is with the short butterfly clasp instead of the large deployant clasp
    however, as you have cut away all the holes, the butterfly clasp + no holes may be too short to fit even a 6" wrist, as the butterfly clasp is about half the length of the large clasp

i guess the only way is to buy a new rubber + butterfly clasp (which may cost about sg$400+)

alternatively, you may want to try to cut away excessive rubber on the existing strap, pierce a 'tunnel' using a 0,5mm needle, and squeeze the springbar in... quite a difficult feat i guess, but no harm trying if the strap doesnt fit well
    Last edited by skydweller_sg; 02-02-13, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Do not cut away too much rubber else the end may protrude from the deployment.

Comment

Hey! Tx for the response. According to the Hour Glass SE who did the sizing, she said she had sized it to the shortest but there's still a hole left at the 6 o'clock. When I pointed that out to her, she insisted that leaving the last hole at 6 o'clock is by default.

Can advise?
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

As mentioned, leaving one last hole (ie one visible SS rod) fits a 6.75" wrist
          What is your wrist size?
          If its 6.5", cutting away the last hole may fit you with the large clasp
          Because 0.25" is about 6mm
          One notch on the sinn rubber strap is 5mm

Btw never heard of 'default leaving one hole at 6 oclock' before

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          Hey! Tx for the response. According to the Hour Glass SE who did the sizing, she said she had sized it to the shortest but there's still a hole left at the 6 o'clock. When I pointed that out to her, she insisted that leaving the last hole at 6 o'clock is by default.

Can advise?

Comment

U1 on rubber...

That's good advice from skydweller...

If all fails, perhaps the only alternative is to put on weight or hit the gym...
            Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
            • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
            • Montre de MarQue
            • Etoile D'Or
            • Hotel Indonesia
            • Glory Time
            • The Watch-Collector
            • Time Palace
            • The Swiss Connection
            • M Baker
            • Maurice Lacroix
            • Time Marques
            • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

I'll take pic and show later then you have a clearer view. If I can remove that, I think can fit my wrist liao. Meanwhile, as what Mr ten10 advised, I'll hit the gym!
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Pls advise me

There is this last pin at the 6 o'clock part of the rubber strap (see the little silver dot on the strap?). Can I actually use up that hole by cutting the strap shorter?

tx
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

from the photo, this is the exact sizing i did for my sinn u1 and it fits 6.75" nicely

hence you can cut the last notch, remove the steel bar, and use this last hole for the clasp springbar to fit a 6.5"
                  but before you cut, maybe can use a measuring tape to measure your wrist confirm if its 6.5"

you may also wish to note that if you cut this last notch, the case may be slightly off center on the wrist; typically the strap on the 12oclock side should be slightly longer than the 6oclock for good balance

btw, congrats on the purchase, the sinn u1 is a solid watch

Comment

clarification: the configuration i did on my sinn u1 is the additional notch on the 12oclock side, not 6oclock side as shown in your photo

the THG SE who insisted the extra hole on 6oclock may need re-training
                    usually the extra length is on the 12oclock side, not 6oclock

when you wear the sinn u1 with this strap configuration by the THG SE, do you feel the case being constantly 'pulled' towards the 12oclock side?
                    this is because the strap on the 6oclock side is longer than that on the 12oclock side

cutting away the last notch on the 6oclock side of the strap will make your watch feel more balanced on the wrist; though the ideal configuration would still be 12oclock side slightly longer than 6oclock
                    Last edited by skydweller_sg; 03-02-13, 10:13 AM.

Comment

notice someting why sinn logo on rubber at 6clock n advertisement foto at 12clock?

Comment

strap with logo can attach on 12 or 6oclock side
                        depend on personal preference

Originally posted by Caliber View Post
                        notice someting why sinn logo on rubber at 6clock n advertisement foto at 12clock?

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
                          clarification: the configuration i did on my sinn u1 is the additional notch on the 12oclock side, not 6oclock side as shown in your photo

the THG SE who insisted the extra hole on 6oclock may need re-training
                          usually the extra length is on the 12oclock side, not 6oclock

when you wear the sinn u1 with this strap configuration by the THG SE, do you feel the case being constantly 'pulled' towards the 12oclock side?
                          this is because the strap on the 6oclock side is longer than that on the 12oclock side

cutting away the last notch on the 6oclock side of the strap will make your watch feel more balanced on the wrist; though the ideal configuration would still be 12oclock side slightly longer than 6oclock
                          I think you are right. The SE actually shortened the 12 o'clock side to the max and left one hole at the 6 o'clock side . I also realized that the strap didn't seem correct. The side of the strap with the brand name ("Sinn") was mounted at 6 o'clock instead of being at 12 o'clock. I see those ads including the watch pic on the booklet with the brand name at the 12 o'clock side . Anyway I've changed both sides and it's more even now, ie the shorter side is now at 6 o'clock. It's still big though.

Wonder now if I should just shortened the 12 o'clock side of the strap fully. Anyone with this experience and can share with pics?
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

When the SE sized the strap, she also left one hole at the 6 o'clock side. I shorten mine until no pin hole on both side...no issue.

Comment

Oh ok, tx darthng. Will see what I can do now. I heard that there is this common problem with the butterfly buckle where it opens up easily over time. I also realized that the normal butterfly buckle costs $290 and the rubber/silicon strap costs $130, if thru' local AD.
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X