Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Breitling buying advice pls.

Hi there all,
    I am new to this watch buying business and I would like some advice on purchasing a new or used Breitling.

When it comes to AD, the last time I checked, from the list of shops listed on the Breitling page, I think I was told the discount was only 12 or 15%...

I would appreciate some information on where I would be able to get 25% or more and any reliable places to buy used but mint pieces?

Thanks all.

Usually higher discount will require you to have some form of on-going relationship with the sales man or ad. Usually those who purchase regularly will get Better discounts.

It's hard to get people to recommend ad or salesman because discounts are not transferrable and cannot be dictated by the person recommending. It's strictly a transaction between u and the sales man. It's up to the ad and salesman how much they are willing to give you.

Sorry for being blunt. But hope this helps.
    I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
    http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

I don't think you sounded blunt. It's just plain reality, and you are not wrong. The rate of discount one can get differs from company to company, even salesperson to salesperson within the same company/shop.

There are many reasons such as customer-retailer relationship, degree of demand of the watch model(s), whether the watch(es) is readily available, etc. So it is hard to point you to any particular watch company/shop to get the highest discount.

As for reliability of used Breitling watches, you should have no problem with most of the local dealers here in S'pore. For a start, you may consider checking out those advertisers and grey/pte dealers in the forum. They are genuine, reputable watch dealers/companies/individuals who may be able to help you find your watch(es).

Good luck!
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by jdanielca View Post
        Hi there all,
        I am new to this watch buying business and I would like some advice on purchasing a new or used Breitling.

When it comes to AD, the last time I checked, from the list of shops listed on the Breitling page, I think I was told the discount was only 12 or 15%...

I would appreciate some information on where I would be able to get 25% or more and any reliable places to buy used but mint pieces?

Thanks all.
        For new pieces I recommend buying from Sincere Watches at Vivo City. Breitling control discount about 20% except for limited edition where maybe discount lesser. Look for a salesman called Johnny, he is quite an honest guy. But u need some bargaining technique to get better discounts...lol...remember to claim parking after yr purchase. If u wanna maximize yr rebate, use yr Standard Chartered Manhanttan credit card if u have. If u know how how Manhanttan card works. Here's how:

Wait for the last few days of yr quarter billing cycle and visit the AD. After deciding on yr purchase, pay deposit of $4K and leave the watch there first. Tell the salesman that its due to credit card rebate issue and that u will pay the balance a few days later. This way u have clocked max $200 Cashback from the card. With the receipt, claim Vivo city parking which u would have maxed at $5. A few days later after yr manhanttan card quarter cycle is renewed, go back to yr AD to pay the balance and collect yr watch. If yr watch costs more than $8K, pay $4K with Manhanttan Card again and the rest with another credit card. This way u clocked another $200 Cashback from yr manhanttan card. Then with the receipt u can claim for yr Vivo City Parking one more time which u would have again maxed at $5. With this method besides discount from the AD, u get another total $400 Cashback from Manhanttan Card and also total of $10 worth of parking at Vivo City

Comment

Yes thanks for the info, I do understand the process and such which is why I am trying to look for other avenues. I dont bank in Singapore so I am unable to use that method, nor do I drive - I rely on cabs for all my transportation needs

"For a start, you may consider checking out those advertisers and grey/pte dealers in the forum. They are genuine, reputable watch dealers/companies/individuals who may be able to help you find your watch(es)." - I shall have to search for those.

I think I have narrowed down what I am looking for, Navitimer World, all steel and black dial seems to be the first choice for now. I shall have to look at the rest to see if theres anything else I am interested in but that is the first on the list.

I have a contact with a person working in an AD in Sydney so she may be able to get some good prices...but dealing locally would be best.

Comment

Airport is also not cheap even without GST.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X