No announcement yet.

Is IWC Cheaper is Zurich, Switzerland ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is IWC Cheaper is Zurich, Switzerland ?

Hi,

Likely to fly to Zurich for a short work trip.

Thinking of get a Chrono either a IWC or Omega Plant Ocean.

Is it worth the while to get one there ?

Is it cheaper ?

Originally posted by jSkywalker View Post
    Hi,

Is it cheaper ?
    may not be cheaper. you really need to do your homework. the vat refund may or may not work in your advantage.

do some leg work locally before going. that will really help.

Comment

Originally posted by jSkywalker View Post
      Hi,

Is it cheaper ?
      not cheap there even after VAT...
      I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
      A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
      Audemars Piguet ROO
      Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
      De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
      Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
      IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
      Panerai 270
      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
      Rolex 116610LV
      Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

not . get in xin-jia-bor

Comment

I've been to Zurich twice over the last few years for work and notice that the popular models are about the same as what I can buy it for in HK but the less popular models are definitely cheaper. You also need to consider current exchange rates. When I visited early last year, the CHF was really strong against the USD/HKD so didn't work out in my favor but I've had colleagues that went when the exchange rate was more favorable and got what they wanted there.

I agree with whoever said to check prices in SG for the watches you want just before your trip.

If you like IWC, you must visit their shop on Bahnhofstrasse (I think the spelling is correct!)

Good luck!

Comment

Is IWC Cheaper is Zurich, Switzerland ?

Hi everyone,

I'll like to know if IWC is relatively cheaper in Zurich, Switzerland.

Please kindly advise, many thanks and have a nice day.

Regards,
            Endless_
            • Rolex Cosmograph Daytona (116523)
            • Rolex DateJust Jubilee 36mm (116234)
            • Rolex Sea-Dweller 4000 (116600)
            • Rolex Submariner Date (116610LN)
            • Omega Speedmaster Professional Moon-to-Mars (3577.50.00)
            • IWC Schaffhausen Pilot's Watch Chronograph (IW377701)
            • Officine Panerai Luminor Marina 1950 Titanio (PAM00351)
            • Officine Panerai Luminor Marina 1950 Acciao (PAM00359)
            • Longines Conquest Heritage (L16114752)
            • Sovil et Titus 天長地久 1997 (06-0300-003)

Comment

good question.

one would think the answer is yes because the company saves on shipping costs. Louis Vuitton prices are a hair cheaper in Paris as compared to prices elsewhere so maybe it is the same with watches.

but one has to take into consideration the value of your currency to the swiss franc so maybe the answer is no

Comment

With the current exchange rate, I doubt it. I was in Zurich recently and even Tag Heuers and Tudors are MUCH more expensive than in Singapore Changi Airport T3. That is even after reclaiming tax (Tax is about 7% but max you can claim is 6.3%)

There are lots of reputable watch shops near the Main train station, and the service is very good.

I suggest you find out the best price in Singapore, then compare the prices when you get to Zurich.

Comment

Nope, watches in switzerland are more expensive. They hardly give any discount like those in Singapore.

LV bags or for that matter luxury handbags are generally cheaper in europe due to the tax rebate you are able to get if you are a tourist. My understanding is that prices for these handbags are controlled, or maybe only slight difference.
                  Pam 232
                  Pam 164
                  Pam 49

Comment

IWC is more expensive in Swiss, in fact, its cheaper to buy in UK, as the pound is very low now.

This applies for most watches and other branded goods except for Louis Vuitton and Rolex. As they had increased price twice in recent months.

If u go europe on a package tour, they will bring you to a shop called Bucherer. Just go and get the FOC Rolex spoon, other than that, nothing much. their ex stock also not fantastic.

If you will be in UK, i remembered a IWC portuguese in the Heathrow Airport DFS area, selling at 3750 pounds. After 15% tax reduction. Of course if you buy in city will be more ex, and the tax you can claim is only about 8-9%
                    Used to wear - Tag Heuer SEL Series
                    Now Wearing - Seiko
                    Soon to buy - Rolex Datejust 116234
                    Future Buys - Pre-own Omega Speedy Pro for Daily Use

Comment

Originally posted by The Guru View Post
                      IWC is more expensive in Swiss, in fact, its cheaper to buy in UK, as the pound is very low now.

This applies for most watches and other branded goods except for Louis Vuitton and Rolex. As they had increased price twice in recent months.

If u go europe on a package tour, they will bring you to a shop called Bucherer. Just go and get the FOC Rolex spoon, other than that, nothing much. their ex stock also not fantastic.

If you will be in UK, i remembered a IWC portuguese in the Heathrow Airport DFS area, selling at 3750 pounds. After 15% tax reduction. Of course if you buy in city will be more ex, and the tax you can claim is only about 8-9%
                      thanks for the info! was actually toying with the idea of gg to the manufactory tour in Schaffhausen, and get an IWC Portuguese if it's selling there.

btw u mean 3750pds before or after tax? and which Heathrow terminal can I find it?

Comment

I was at the museum last year and I think the worthy buy is boutique pieces (usually in precious metal and limited quantity).

No, you don't get discount and the price is more expensive than in Singapore (after discount, GST refund).

Comment

Was in frankfurt & dusseldorf region recently and times are hard. Bring cash and show them and nego. Forget about the tax rebate from the airport and ask them to quote you a take-away price. Did this and left a happy man. Did it at the mont blanc shops too. For MB, more than 30% discount off list because I bought a bunch of items for my staffs.

Trick is - Cash is king and forget about the VAT rebate. Just ask for a straight discount.
                          My humble keepsakes:
                          1) Submariner 14060
                          2) Submariner 14060M
                          3) Sea Dweller 16600
                          4) Explorer II 16570 (Polar)
                          5) Azimuth JagdBomber
                          6) Azimuth Bombardier I,II,III, IV & V
                          7) Azimuth 55mm B-hur Original Luftwaffe Specification Limited Edition
                          8) Seiko Samurai Ti (Black)
                          9) Panerai Black Seal
                          10) IWC Big Pilot (5004)
                          11) IWX Mark XIV

Comment

yes bro. The answer is no. Because like Rolex all the parts are made in swiss no OEM from other countrys. IWC in local some of the parts are OEM made in other countrys.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X