Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get my Longines checked? It doesn't run properly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get my Longines checked? It doesn't run properly.

It is not under warranty anymore, actually it belongs to my GF and it is one of those simple quartz Longines Classic Models:

Very similar to this one I believe:
    https://www.google.com.sg/search?hl=...w=1440&bih=715

The battery had leaked a little because it was unused for many years (and died for awhile I believe)

I had it replaced and cleaned by a normal small watch shop but after a few months of working normally, now it runs on and off.

Meaning it can work for 2-3 days, then stop for about 6-8 hours... then restart again on its own, then stop again. Its a quartz and im a little unsure whats wrong with it.

Im sure if i Bring it back to Longines it will be a very costly repair.

Even if the entire quartz movement had to replaced entirely, this should be able to be done quite cheaply at a watchmaker/watchshop which is reputable am i right?

Just wondering if you guys can recommend anyone who may be able to do this repair

Miles

it is likely that the quartz movement is not functioning properly.

you may want to approach any third party watch technician, bring the watch along to lucky plaza - shop name is 2 word and first word starts with letter T and second word starts with letter H. Alternatively, you may want to try people's park complex and look for the shop on 2nd floor also a 2 word, first letter of first word is W, first letter of second word is T.

however quartz movement watches is tricky. you may end up going back to the same shop for rectification work 2-3 times. i had a similar issue with a quartz watch movement. change the watch movement twice. ask the watch technician why like that? because the movement comes in batches, so if 1 batch got 1 got problem. the entire batch likely to have the same problem.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Brudder Triton recommends the shifu from Lucky Plaza and PPC, my recommendation is in Tanjong KATONG SC.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X