Entry Level Sinn - 556 & 656

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entry Level Sinn - 556 & 656

As I prefer a simple face and no-frills watch, I have been impressed by "entry level" watches with simple details which get to the point of telling time.

I encountered 2 variants of Sinn which belongs to these criterias, ie, the 556 and the 656. Initial search on the net yields not much discussion on these two watches, while it was noticeable that the ROC (or the singaporean's taste?) bends on the U1 series.

http://www.chronomaster.co.uk/Sinn%2...nt%20Stock.htm

http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/vi...31&idcategory=

Picture from Sinn webpage seems to show that the construction and finishing are solid while utilising the acclaimed ETA 2824-2 mechanism. Nothing to shout about on its design but a very simple, plesant and humble way for wearing a Sinn on your wrist.

Price wise, the recent 2009 Watch Annual lists it as USD 1,150 for the 556 strap version. Though upping another grand would yield a Sinn with more fuctions and design, these two however presents itself as the basic entry level Sinn in its collection. Abeit there are many variants of such casing from other watch manufacturers, it is after all a Sinn and I believed well reputated in its finishing.

That being said, I was wondering if any members have owned or touched these two watches before and is willing to share on its merits and weaknesses, hopefully before I jumped into the band wagon to purchase my first entry-level Sinn! (Bracelet version)

But first of course, goto find out where to buy for the best deal in Singapore!

Cheers for a Happy CNY!
    My humble keepsakes:
    1) Submariner 14060
    2) Submariner 14060M
    3) Sea Dweller 16600
    4) Explorer II 16570 (Polar)
    5) Azimuth JagdBomber
    6) Azimuth Bombardier I,II,III, IV & V
    7) Azimuth 55mm B-hur Original Luftwaffe Specification Limited Edition
    8) Seiko Samurai Ti (Black)
    9) Panerai Black Seal
    10) IWC Big Pilot (5004)