Resale value low?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joosk View Post
    if i am not wrong, rolex watches have high resale value in asia but not in europe.
    Not really possible, demand is worldwide.

If that's the case I can go europe and buy preowned already...but their asking prices are even higher than ours.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

US preown price in general is higher than sg
      at least for rolex and panerai
      not sure whats the reason

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal0921 View Post
        Agreed! So more the brand positioning make Tag become a fashion brand to those watch collectors.
        I second that and mainly Tag is mainly targeted toward students or should I said is an entry level to most students as a "proper watch"

Comment

Hi... Thought I share my Vintage Heuer Carrera which I bought from my bro-in-law in the late 70s for only a few hundred (cant remember how much exactly) and in today's value it has increase quite a bit although it is still behind the other model "Autavia"...
          I must say that even at that time --- the quality was not that good as I remembered the dial peel off at some part and I have to get the guys from Hourglass (where my late sister used to work in) to "touch up" with blue paint... Maybe this is due to our humid weather as it also happened to another brand which I bought...

Presently I only have the Tag Heuer Re-Edition Carrera 18K Gold, Monaco and the Carrera 1887 beside the vintage Carrera.
          Its a pity that I have miss out the opportunity to own some of those watches from the 70s in my time which would have made me "rich"...If only I could see the future then...

Thanks.

facebook.com/watches.jamy

Mine:
          1) Rolex Seadweller T-Series
          2) Seiko Sports Vintage
          3) Chopard Mille Miglia GMT Chrono
          4) Polaris Homage
          5) Heuer Carrera
          6) JLC Memovox Deep Sea
          7) Baume n Mercier
          8) Helson Skindiver
          9) Hamilton Air Race & X-Copter
          10) Longines Chrono
          11) Meistersinger
          12) Omega Triple Date
          13) Tudor Big Block Full set
          14) Revue Theomann Alarm
          15) BALL EM2 World Time
          16) Zenith Triple D

Comment

I am trying to sell my f1 series but offer wasn't good... Really reconsidering to ever buy a tag again...

Comment

I sold off my tag calibre 5 link series for 30% of what I pay. I wont touch one again for sure.

Comment

i think re-sale value of Tag isn't very good. Been trying to sell off my wife's aquaracer, but so far offers have been crazy, as low as 20% of discounted purchase price.

Comment

agree

Comment

My aquaracer professional quartz silver dial bought it for $1250. Used for solid (7years) sold to my neighbour, handsome price at $500.

Comment

yep, very2 low. sold my carrera for only 40% of original price

Comment

been trying to sell my wife's aquaracer, but offers have been crazy low, less than 30% of retail price.

Comment

Tag despite being low resale value, is still the most recognised swiss watch brand in sg after Rolex.. I never buy new Tag, go for good condition pre own only. Couldn't be happier.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex99 View Post
                            Tag despite being low resale value, is still the most recognised swiss watch brand in sg after Rolex.. I never buy new Tag, go for good condition pre own only. Couldn't be happier.
                            +1. I guess the best option would be to get a pre loved on. Tag really has some very nice offerings if you can get it at the right price.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMYLIM View Post
                              Hi... Thought I share my Vintage Heuer Carrera which I bought from my bro-in-law in the late 70s for only a few hundred (cant remember how much exactly) and in today's value it has increase quite a bit although it is still behind the other model "Autavia"...
                              I must say that even at that time --- the quality was not that good as I remembered the dial peel off at some part and I have to get the guys from Hourglass (where my late sister used to work in) to "touch up" with blue paint... Maybe this is due to our humid weather as it also happened to another brand which I bought...

Presently I only have the Tag Heuer Re-Edition Carrera 18K Gold, Monaco and the Carrera 1887 beside the vintage Carrera.
                              Its a pity that I have miss out the opportunity to own some of those watches from the 70s in my time which would have made me "rich"...If only I could see the future then...

Thanks.

Nice watch bro... But i think you shouldn't have touched up the dial...
                              HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
                              ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
                              Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
                              Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
                              Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
                              TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
                              G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
                              Rolex ladies datejust
                              vintage Cartier tank 18k
                              TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

anyone knows if the Tag limited edition only 300 pcs in the world will it have value?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X