Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[12-12-12 New Addn.]-[SWATCH]- The SWISS Version of Bambino?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [12-12-12 New Addn.]-[SWATCH]- The SWISS Version of Bambino?

The CRAZE of simplicity goes wider, even the SWISS budget label goes "BAMBINO"

Approximately about 12yrs ago in 2000, I was kind of nuts on getting SWATCH Chronographs 1pc per month as a form of celebration that i had survived that whole month of working in the harsh environment of that time. Roughly about 18mths later, the SWATCH IRONY Chrono designs were getting more and more dull, that i stopped that buying habit.
    Now roughly 12yrs had passed, and in this 12yrs, we have witness SWATCH Group developing more movements for their range for the budget label of SWATCH which includes new chronograph movement, as well as mechanical chronographs and 3 handers. In the 3 handers range, the most popular model that survives till now is the BODY and SOUL, which is a "Skeleton" watch bracelet, that's so popular that even years had passed, it's still continued to be produced.

However, as my age goes older, so as my eye sight... which had been getting worse and worse in bigger degrees of difference. Even though i like the bracelet very much with BODY and SOUL, i guess i'll start with something with big contrast on the dial, which i had been hunting on, the ORIENT BAMBINO. I couldn't find the BAMBINO i like, which is the one with ROSE GOLD casing and BLACK dial. As i walk further around in the departmental store... This piece of SWATCH Auto caught my eye. It looks in a certain way... like the BAMBINO!

It have that sharp hands like the BAMBINO, the indexes like erm... the BAMBINO, shallow crown like the BAMBINO... but more sleek on the casing and smaller sized dial as well... which is though doesn't look as much like the BAMBINO, still possess that long lasting classic look. The case is steel, but the case cover is clear plastic. So we can see the movement well.

21 jeweled movement

Shallow crown

The strap that comes banded, have some kind of Crocodile skin finish, that blends well with the classic look of the watch. However, my only gripe is that because of it's targeted group of buyers, both men and women, aka the UNISEX group... that strap could get too short with my fat wrist...Duh...

Onto the movement. Initially i thought that SWATCH Autos are fitted with SWATCH Group's proudest workhorse movement, the ETA2824. Until i play around, ouch! The movement does not hack, but can be winded up. The hands does not sweeps smoothly like 2824, instead it rocks like those Japanese makes, with probably slower beats... hmm... 21kbh? So i quickly do a search through the net, found out that this movement is a toned down version of 2824, the ETA2841 which doesn't hacks and have much lower frequencies as well as 2 variants with either 21jewel or 23. Anyway, this piece have a limited water resistance, i believe. Since it is a dressed watch like the TISSOT VISIODATE, Le LOCLE as well as the true ORIENT BAMBINO.

Hmm... i wonder what's the WATER RESISTANCE embossed on the movement for...?

Wrist shot. Hmmm... did i grow fatter?!!!

Though the Crocodile patterned strap is nice... It's short!!!

This NOIR de NOIR YAS402( http://www.swatch.com/zz_en/watches/...ku-YAS402.html ) had left me a good impression on it's built quality. Although i a little disappointed that the movement does not hack as well as sweeps in higher beat, still it is competitively priced and it's a fraction to pay against the full blown movement of 2824. The strap is really nice, but too bad due to its targeted group of consumers, the length is relatively short for a big guy like me. Anyway... i think i had missed quite a lot of the SWATCH Autos, as there seems to be 18 different models had released so far, when i keyed "YAS" in SWATCH website search function. I guess... from today onwards, till 2013, i might be paying more attentions to the SWATCH mechanicals. Today, shall be a directional change to me.

Oh yeah... last but not least, from the details i get from the SWATCH official website, it seems that this SWATCH "BAMBINO homage" was released in 1999? Why the Europeans didn't think of the nickname BAMBINO then?

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X