My personal experience on Dievas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My personal experience on Dievas

I had bought a Dievas Vortex in August 2011. It was a spur of a moment & guess like everyone else, the "love" did not last. For the past 1 year 4 months, I have wore it less than 10 times I supposed.

Recently, while I was demo-ing to my friends how to differentiate between sapphire glass & mineral glass, it was then I realised that the sound on my Vortex was almost like mineral glass with "ting" sound (thumb holding middle finger & strike on the crystal), if u know what I meant. If it is a sapphire glass, the sound should be solid "thud". The website claims Vortex to be sapphire glass.

Then, disaster struck...I noticed a small cut on the crystal between position 5 & 6 (the pic was delibrately shot to focus on the cut). Oh dear, when did it happen? I have tried using finger nails to scratch & feel whether it was from the surface but to no avail. So since they are giving 24months guarantee for the watch + crystal, so I sent it back. The shop owner, a nice gentleman looked at it with a magnifier & within secods, he said it was a surface cut (due to negligence of cause). I tried to see for myself, but maybe Im a layman, I couldnt differentiate.

As the watch is only $1k plus, I didnt want to say much so I enquired on the charges to change the crystal & was told $300. I thought to myself, $300 for a mineral glass, Im never gona pay for that.

Anyway, its just my personal view on the brand. I do admit they have a few good looking watches, but this will be my first & also the last.

considering that the watch is $1k plus, $300 for the glass is madness!
    I don't need another watch.

Comment

I have nvr changed the crystal for rolex before, any bros like to share what is the percentage for rolex crystal/watch value?

Comment

Bro confirm that is mineral glass?
        You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

Er... Wouldn't the thickness of the crystal affect the sound when you strike the crystal?
          I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
          http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Originally posted by roguehog View Post
            Er... Wouldn't the thickness of the crystal affect the sound when you strike the crystal?
            Well, u may have a point there. Tried searching but thkness of crystal of this watch no where to be found.

Comment

i see 2 issues here, the former having a stronger case:

a) "The website claims Vortex to be sapphire glass." - If Dievas has sold you the Vortex with a Mineral Glass instead of Sapphire Crystal, you have a strong case against them for product misrepresentation. They should replace you with a Vortex that has Sapphire Crystal, or otherwise offer some form of compensation.

b) "I thought to myself, $300 for a mineral glass, Im never gona pay for that." - If Dievas confirms this is mineral glass, I agree it's too pricey. If it's sapphire, I guess reasonable.
              elusive

Comment

I think I kinda understand how you test crystal. I kinda use a similar method when I'm shopping for stemware. But it's easier with wine glasses cos there's a rim and one can easily pluck and hear the vibration.

But with a mounted watch crystal, it's kinda tough IMHO .

I reckon it's rated to 500m depth so this watch could have a relatively thick crystal. Furthermore, the case height seem to be lower than most other divers so reckon a thicker gasket might have been used as well as a thicker crystal.
                These two factors in tandem could well mute the sound of the crystal.

Dievas has quite a decent following in the west and among a certain group of locals. I don't think they will risk their reputation by misrepresenting in such a manner.

I would strongly encourage that you conduct a thorough check first as this accusation might come to the attention of dievas and their local agent. And they might be prompted to take legal action. Not forgetting they advertise here on SG-roc as well. Do be careful and mindful.

Comment

Bro, for your reading pleasure.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/sha...ed-783981.html

Comment

Dievas is not a forum advertiser and neither is their local agent.

Not forgetting they advertise here on SG-roc as well. Do be careful and mindful.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

My apologies. My bad. Bit do be careful cos such things circulate and could well end up in their mailbox.

Comment

Triton,

My apologies cos I saw the archemede (and embedded) laco link in the AG-roc banner so I thought gnomon is an advertiser here.

Comment

Dievas has quite a decent following in the west and among a certain group of locals. I don't think they will risk their reputation by misrepresenting in such a manner.

I would strongly encourage that you conduct a thorough check first as this accusation might come to the attention of dievas and their local agent. And they might be prompted to take legal action. Not forgetting they advertise here on SG-roc as well. Do be careful and mindful.
                          I agree with Bro Roguehog on this, it would be better to do an in-depth check first before starting anything. Moreover, i believe most of us are laymen like you mentioned, so better be safe than sorry.

Just curious, may i ask why did you mention about percentage of Rolex sapphire? Wouldnt that be comparing Apple to Orange?

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
                            i see 2 issues here, the former having a stronger case:

a) "The website claims Vortex to be sapphire glass." - If Dievas has sold you the Vortex with a Mineral Glass instead of Sapphire Crystal, you have a strong case against them for product misrepresentation. They should replace you with a Vortex that has Sapphire Crystal, or otherwise offer some form of compensation.

b) "I thought to myself, $300 for a mineral glass, Im never gona pay for that." - If Dievas confirms this is mineral glass, I agree it's too pricey. If it's sapphire, I guess reasonable.
                            I ought to clarify, there are no issues nor any cases to present. If I had wanted to, I would have done it at Gnomon last saturday instead of posting here.
                            Im not a whiner, a 1K plus watch...I can still afford

Comment

Originally posted by cocobat View Post
                              I agree with Bro Roguehog on this, it would be better to do an in-depth check first before starting anything. Moreover, i believe most of us are laymen like you mentioned, so better be safe than sorry.

Just curious, may i ask why did you mention about percentage of Rolex sapphire? Wouldnt that be comparing Apple to Orange?
                              Before starting? I have alrdy started!!!
                              This is a forum, isn't this place for watch enthusiasts like us to share our views & experiences on watches?

Comparing for the sake of comparing..hehe
                              Aren't we all comparing all the time? About girls, watches, cars, salary etc..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X