Battery Drained in 8 months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Drained in 8 months?

I got an old Classic 2000 Tag Heuer. Battery was replaced in March this year and now it's flashing again, indicating low battery.

Don't think the battery should only last this long right? So what gives?

What type of battery did you last replaced with? Original or generic? Original battery do not drain that fast unless there is a problem with the watch mechanics. I know an original batt will last you on average abt 3 yrs as i hv a classic 2000 as well and is still running fine.

Comment

i got it replaced outside coz the service centre said the entire movement is spoilt and needs to be replaced for $700+ which i thought was rubbish.

Comment

Maybe the service centre was right that there is already a problem with the movement and that's why it is draining your battery at a tremendous rate. Since the service centre quoted you so ex, you can always try outside shops. Quartz movement are not so ex to replace. Good luck.

Comment

wow $700 for the quartz swiss movt is soooo over-priced
          I think if you really love the watch, you should replace your movt with the new one, but don't ever replace it in the SC lol

Comment

Original battery should not be drained so fast...
            Be careful too when dealing with non original battery because it might do a harm to your beloved watch.
            I have this experience on my casio watch, not sure whether it will be the same for tag or not.

Comment

Original Battery can last about 3-5 years base on my previous experience owning the Tag Heuer 2000.
              Maybe you can try changing battery again from another shop and monitor. If it really draining in last then a year.
              Look like your watch indeed something wrong.

Comment

Renata...maxwell can last 3yrs or so

Comment

my tag aquaracer quartz batt had been running for 2yrs and still running...

Comment

It's spoiled, I had the same problem with my F1, I alway replace the batt at the svc centre, during the last trip there. The customer svc advise me to overhaul the watch which I do no thinks it's necessary. After collecting it back from the svc Ctr, it slowed down a lot. Had no choice but to do the overhaul, they waived the cost of the batt since I had paid for it earlier. no choice the watch has sentimental value

Comment

I agree. If the movement was spoiled the only options would be change it to new one. If not it will happen again ( Quick drain of battery )

Either you go to the SC or find watch repairer that could supply original TAG Heuer Movement.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X