IWC Pilot's Chrono vs IWC Pilot's Chrono Top Gun single chrono

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWC Pilot's Chrono vs IWC Pilot's Chrono Top Gun single chrono

I am in the dilemma of getting a IWC's pilot watch that mentioned above. honestly, i like the Top gun in term of her apperance - dark coating, nice date display and the second hand, but the only thing that hold me back is, both watches are -using the same Calibre.

the facts are:
    - diameter : 42 vs 44mm
    - different coating
    - price (appx. 5k different)

is it worth paying that extra amount of $ for the top gun?

it's not a coating.......... it's a ceramic case for the topgun.....
    the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
    visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

my bad, too in to Bell & ross term

Comment

I dont think the price gap between 3717 and Top Gun normal chrono is 5K. It should be much less than that. Worth paying for the difference? Up to individual. Both watches have different look, Top Gun has the Stealth look that 3717 doesn't have. Ceramic is a cool material, unlike normal SS. If you like the look of Top Gun and can afford it, go for it.
        [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
        [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
        [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
        [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
        [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
        [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

I like the one with split second. My heart goes weak everytime I see people selling it..
          I own a Rolex !

Comment

Buy the one who speaks to you. While both of them bot used a heavily modified 7750. One uses a ceramic case which is scratch proof but can be cracked with no form of rescue available. Whereas for a steel case, you can always polish it.

The price difference is about 5k, but in this current climate perhaps the gap is closer. Just strap both on and see which one speaks to you. Never buy a compromise due simply to budget.

Comment

Personally, I prefer the 42mm size of the regular Fliegerchrono...
              运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

To answer your question, if money is not a problem and get the Top gun since you like her appearance. Since money is not a problem, $5k extra is peanuts to get something you like.

If money is a problem, go and hunt for a 2nd hand Top Gun and probably you will paying similar price as a 3717.

If money is a problem and you don't want to get a 2nd hand, go and get the 3717 but don't say I never warn you... after you get the 3717, you will either sell it or trade it off for Top gun soon....

Originally posted by spawninc View Post
                I am in the dilemma of getting a IWC's pilot watch that mentioned above. honestly, i like the Top gun in term of her apperance - dark coating, nice date display and the second hand, but the only thing that hold me back is, both watches are -using the same Calibre.

the facts are:
                - diameter : 42 vs 44mm
                - different coating
                - price (appx. 5k different)

is it worth paying that extra amount of $ for the top gun?

Comment

I have the SS Pilot Chrono. I have tried the Top Gun chrono on and I have to say that it is a very cool watch. Definitely more for casual wear than in the office. It is also very big and thick, compared to an already big and thick SS model. In my experience, the TG has the benefit of being scratch proof. Due to it's thickness and the fact that I wear my watches without thinking much, I have dinged it on the chapter ring a couple of times. This stands out as this is polished and the rest of the watch is matt. I wish it tool hits as good as a Rolex does.

So, if the price isn't an issue and you wear causal, I think the TG is a great piece. Buy the one you want. You will regret it if you settle for anything less.

Comment

Announcement:

Proud to be an owner of IWC Top Gun Chrono

Thank you for all the comments and special thanks to Hary for your pricing advice

Comment

congrads! its a fine watch to own....

next up is the double chrono version!

Comment

no, BP coms first

Comment

excellent choice with the 7day power reserve

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse