No announcement yet.

U-BOAT - Rising star?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sad they nv put how limited it is..but its a nice watch..quite well made i must say..but no demand as i`m trying to sell to fund for another..i chose this over the BR phantom.
    Without Time,Watches are just Bracelets.

Comment

BR is good to have one... but its always best to own all kinda watches =D~

btw any U-BOATER here??? share some of the pics of wat U-Boat you own~

Cheers~
      Watches Own

Rolex Submariner 16610
      PAM 104

WishList

AP ROO
      Patek P. 5711

Comment

Me lo..
        Thousands Of Feet Matte Black with tinted glass a.k.a Selfish Watch

Comment

Any idea where one can get hold of the el-cheapo version with the Slant-eyed Jap movement?

- Slant-eyed chink wants to know
          There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

U boat in Switzerland and Franfurt

hey guys,

am in Frankfurt now...

i was scouting for good deals for U boat and here's my live report.

Had a hard time finding a watch shop selling U-boat. Chris (shop name) from Switzerland sells it $100 cheaper than SG after VAT (7%)..selling price for basic 45mm Classico range cost CH1650..

At Frankfurt..chanced upon only 2 shops selling very limited pieces of U-boat. Wempe sells it...a PVB classico 45mm...dirt cheap (after VAT and disc that i negotiated)...i can get it SG$2200 after conversion and refunds + disc..this is easily $500 to $1k savings. why the wide range in terms of savings? the watch that i saw at Wempe (they're like THG and sells high-end swiss brand watches) arrives at the shop Nov 2007..sales staff unsure if it's mineral or sapphire crystal but my best guess (and checks) is it's a mineral crystal based on shipment and production guesstimates (based on old U-boat price..retail is S$3.2-$3.5K b4 disc)...this works out to $500 savings...if we assume this is a sapphire crystal and revised retail price...savings is $1K...

did i buy it? No....when i was about to pay for it..the sales staff found out that it doesn't come with original box and papers from U-boat (only Wempe warranty..apparently, the orignal warranty is missing due to some reasons unknown)...so i didn't get it...cos they're not authorised dealer (according to the sales staff...Wempe has been buying from U-boat for past 2 years and they've decided to stop bringing it in cos of low demand). Boss of Wempe found U-boat watches 2 years ago at a subway station watch shop and found them interesting...so he bought in bulk and tried to sell them...currently, they're left with only 2 pieces..the PVD model i mentioned and Flightdeck.

Another shop only have PVD 53mm Classico...probably slightly cheaper than SG...didn't bother cos the shop owner was rude (small shop some more).. According to him, U-boat has not really established the retail network in Europe so the brand is relatively unknown and demand is low. Their selling point is only the size...cos they're using ETA2824 movement.

No offence to U-boat owners....this is just my live report...

Italy (major tourist shopping districts) also cannot find U-boat....VAT refund is 11.75%

Triton, Pam 90 is out of stock at Wempe so can't check the price...i was at Italy's Pam boutique..but they're closed for the day..i was a tad too late... sorry!!

Cheers

James
            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
            Audemars Piguet ROO
            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
            Panerai 270
            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
            Rolex 116610LV
            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
              hey guys,

am in Frankfurt now...

i was scouting for good deals for U boat and here's my live report.

Had a hard time finding a watch shop selling U-boat. Chris (shop name) from Switzerland sells it $100 cheaper than SG after VAT (7%)..selling price for basic 45mm Classico range cost CH1650..

At Frankfurt..chanced upon only 2 shops selling very limited pieces of U-boat. Wempe sells it...a PVB classico 45mm...dirt cheap (after VAT and disc that i negotiated)...i can get it SG$2200 after conversion and refunds + disc..this is easily $500 to $1k savings. why the wide range in terms of savings? the watch that i saw at Wempe (they're like THG and sells high-end swiss brand watches) arrives at the shop Nov 2007..sales staff unsure if it's mineral or sapphire crystal but my best guess (and checks) is it's a mineral crystal based on shipment and production guesstimates (based on old U-boat price..retail is S$3.2-$3.5K b4 disc)...this works out to $500 savings...if we assume this is a sapphire crystal and revised retail price...savings is $1K...

did i buy it? No....when i was about to pay for it..the sales staff found out that it doesn't come with original box and papers from U-boat (only Wempe warranty..apparently, the orignal warranty is missing due to some reasons unknown)...so i didn't get it...cos they're not authorised dealer (according to the sales staff...Wempe has been buying from U-boat for past 2 years and they've decided to stop bringing it in cos of low demand). Boss of Wempe found U-boat watches 2 years ago at a subway station watch shop and found them interesting...so he bought in bulk and tried to sell them...currently, they're left with only 2 pieces..the PVD model i mentioned and Flightdeck.

Another shop only have PVD 53mm Classico...probably slightly cheaper than SG...didn't bother cos the shop owner was rude (small shop some more).. According to him, U-boat has not really established the retail network in Europe so the brand is relatively unknown and demand is low. Their selling point is only the size...cos they're using ETA2824 movement.

No offence to U-boat owners....this is just my live report...

Italy (major tourist shopping districts) also cannot find U-boat....VAT refund is 11.75%

Triton, Pam 90 is out of stock at Wempe so can't check the price...i was at Italy's Pam boutique..but they're closed for the day..i was a tad too late... sorry!!

Cheers

James
              they may not be hot in europe..but demand is high in asia though....

anyway, if u like the watch just buy lah....

cheers

Current collection
              Audemars Piguet ROO
              Habring2 Pilot Time Date
              Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
              Panerai 270
              Patek Philippe 5711/1a
              Rolex 116610LV

Comment

Prices went up in Sg already rite? duno went up how many % wanting to get the base entry model in SS...

Comment

bro,JW watch has 1 in there..u may wanna go down n have a look..quite reasonably priced..i tink can bargain summore..as its been there for some time..

Comment

Originally posted by virus View Post
                    Prices went up in Sg already rite? duno went up how many % wanting to get the base entry model in SS...
                    10% to 15% increase...

cheers

james

Current collection
                    Audemars Piguet ROO
                    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                    Panerai 270
                    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                    Rolex 116610LV

Comment

Does anyone knows if U boat watches such as Classico range is with any thing like sandwich dial ??? It seems to me that the new batch of Classico AB4 has something like sandwich dial leh. Just visited U-boat site and notice the slight differences on the Dial at 4 & 8 o'clock for Classico AS1 and AB4. Its a obvious difference for AB4 on the Site. Can anyone shed some info on this ???

Any U boaters has the lug width measurement of a 45mm Classico ???
                      Last edited by kermit e froggy; 02-06-08, 11:17 AM.
                      the Trails and the Ocean !

Comment

Originally posted by kermit e froggy View Post
                        Does anyone knows if U boat watches such as Classico range is with any thing like sandwich dial ??? It seems to me that the new batch of Classico AB4 has something like sandwich dial leh. Just visited U-boat site and notice the slight differences on the Dial at 4 & 8 o'clock for Classico AS1 and AB4. Its a obvious difference for AB4 on the Site. Can anyone shed some info on this ???

Any U boaters has the lug width measurement of a 45mm Classico ???

I just got myself a 45 Classiso AS1, lug size is 20mm. Mine is not sandwiched dail leh its painted dial, not sure about the AB4 but thinks its also same dail as mine.

Comment

Hey guys, i'm thinking of acquiring this base level uboat classico AS1 45mm.
                          Went down to bezel just now and was quoted $2400 for it.
                          Is it a good buy? If yes i'm putting a 50% deposit and waiting time is around 1.5 months!
                          Please advise GURUS..
                          [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
                          Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

Comment

i wont put deposit for a watch and wait for 1.5 mths.

Originally posted by communicam View Post
                            Hey guys, i'm thinking of acquiring this base level uboat classico AS1 45mm.
                            Went down to bezel just now and was quoted $2400 for it.
                            Is it a good buy? If yes i'm putting a 50% deposit and waiting time is around 1.5 months!
                            Please advise GURUS..
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                              i wont put deposit for a watch and wait for 1.5 mths.
                              Then..? Wat do you suggest?
                              Lesser deposit? The watch really 'smiled' at me lor.. Hee hee..
                              [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
                              Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

Comment

if u place a deposit, means die die u have to buy the watch or another model from the shop.

yes, the watch is smiling @ u now, but 1.5 mths later, will it still smile @ u?

if u buy it now and later u dont like it, at least u wore it. however, if u pay now and 1.5 mths later, u dont like it, u have yet to wear the watch leh. then how?

if u paying for a limited edition, at least still not so bad as can still trade it if there is demand. not sure if there is a high demand for uboat compared to say sinn watches.

Originally posted by communicam View Post
                                Then..? Wat do you suggest?
                                Lesser deposit? The watch really 'smiled' at me lor.. Hee hee..
                                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                                2. your nick
                                3. your corresponding email address
                                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X