Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch sent overseas for warranty servicing? GST must pay 2nd time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
    Bro leslie, do you have to pay for the freight to send the watch back for repair? If yes, my feeling is that it is probably not worth the cost/risk/hassle to send it back. Might as well pay for 3rd party repair locally. That's the problem with buying from brands with no local AD/aftersales service...sigh.
    bro. i think if kenna gst plus shipping. total around 100 plus abit. still cheaper than local servicing. i got bad encounters with local service guys. even rsc can butchered my 2 weeks old rolex. i rather let the manufacturer handle the servicing.

i suspect this watch needs a full servicing. because beat rate seems erratic. sometimes 2 mins slow per day and sometimes 30 seconds slow. full servicing will cost more than the gst plus shipping.

Comment

hmm...agree with you if the total cost is only "around 100 plus abit".
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

hmm...agree with you if the total cost is only "around 100 plus abit".
        i will update u guys on the status. whether the manufacturer method works or not.

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
          bro. i think if kenna gst plus shipping. total around 100 plus abit. still cheaper than local servicing. i got bad encounters with local service guys. even rsc can butchered my 2 weeks old rolex. i rather let the manufacturer handle the servicing.

i suspect this watch needs a full servicing. because beat rate seems erratic. sometimes 2 mins slow per day and sometimes 30 seconds slow. full servicing will cost more than the gst plus shipping.
          I strongly believe that the manufacturer is still the best people to service the watch. They are most familiar with the strutural design and knows best how to handle them since they are doing it day in day out. It's not a simple matter of whether the movement is common enough or not.

Comment

Yo Bro Pegasi,

My watch is back from repair and they did a nice work on it. However, I kenna charged GST again. Manufacturer sent out the watch with a proforma invoice stating that watch is back from Repair without commercial value and Fedex did not even bother to look at it. Go pay on my behalf another round of GST. I got all the documents. Original invoices. Original fedex airwaybill when they shipped the watch over in Jan 2011. Plus Fedex GST payment import certificate. What can I do now?

Comment

Sorry to learn that bro.

I guess you have to deal through Fedex in this case. Suggest you call Fedex SG customer service to dispute the GST (even if the GST is charged to your credit card directly). Tell them your reason and see what they say.

You sound like there is negligence on Fedex's part, and if so they should compensate you in my opinion. But I suspect the customs might have applied GST anyway on the ground of failing to comply with the re-importation rule.

Comment

Sorry to learn that bro.

I guess you have to deal through Fedex in this case. Suggest you call Fedex SG customer service to dispute the GST (even if the GST is charged to your credit card directly). Tell them your reason and see what they say.

You sound like there is negligence on Fedex's part, and if so they should compensate you in my opinion. But I suspect the customs might have applied GST anyway on the ground of failing to comply with the re-importation rule.

Bro. i've e-mailed customs and they seems to acknowledged that mine watch was sent out for repair. Seems like Fedex dun even bother even to look at the proforma invoice that the watch is back from repair and not a new import. I've not pay the Fedex bills yet.

Now I look at my watch dial. Seems like there are some micro specks of dust on the dial. Not visible in room light but can see if u look very very carefully under bright sunlight. Issit poosible to totally eliminate dust in a controlled environment such as watch repair clean room. Or somehow abit of dust will still managed to sneak in?

Comment

I am surprised that the customs respond to you so quickily. Hope the end result is favourable to you. Whatever the outcome, I think the community in this forum including myself benefits from this experience of yours.

Regarding your question of clean room...I am not expert but my believe is that it is not just the setup of the clean room itself but the process of handling the watches is also critical. I remember reading some feedback from fellow members on similar issue after watch returned from RSC.

Comment

I am surprised that the customs respond to you so quickily. Hope the end result is favourable to you. Whatever the outcome, I think the community in this forum including myself benefits from this experience of yours.

Regarding your question of clean room...I am not expert but my believe is that it is not just the setup of the clean room itself but the process of handling the watches is also critical. I remember reading some feedback from fellow members on similar issue after watch returned from RSC.
                    wow. even rsc also like that. then nothing to say liao. hehe

i think the problem lies with fedex, customs say they never even look at the invoice before determine whether is this a new or repaired watch. just look at airwaybill and charge GST.

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                      wow. even rsc also like that. then nothing to say liao. hehe
                      Haha, that I don't agree. The fact that a big brand performs below par does not mean we should accept that as the standard.

But I guess you have to live with the problem in this case, so it is good to be ah-Q a bit

Comment

Haha, that I don't agree. The fact that a big brand performs below par does not mean we should accept that as the standard.

But I guess you have to live with the problem in this case, so it is good to be ah-Q a bit
                        actually mine are tiny micro sizes speck of dust inside. under normal lighting cannot see. if go under the sun and u start tilting the dial over and over again. then can notice.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X