Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [100912 New Addn.]- [Steinhart]- APOLLON Chronograph

The stars of the Apollon... truly needs some patience in catching

The Apollon Chrono had been around for the past 1 year or more... although been eyeing for this to add to my collection, it's until now then i decided to place an order for it.

Just received this charming piece from the FedEX delivery guy, shipped from Germany after 3 weeks of waiting. Steinhart's team really had a big hiccup this time. The first disappointment was the delayed shipping, even though i had made an effort in sending the Steinhart sales team to check on stock availability, then confirm my order after receiving positive response from the sales team with immediate payment.

Unwrapped the box, i'm delighted to see the charming piece in front of me. However, the happiness was so short lived when i discovered that the other 2 bezels as well as the bezel changing tool as well as the strap changing tool was... short shipped!

Sigh... perhaps like others... i guess i'll have to wait for a certain period for the package to be complete.

Onto the watch.
    The dial may be matt greyish, however when looked closely, the subdials are etched in and polished!
    This is a sandwich dial, with the lumed film under the dark grey dial. However, the only gripe i have, is that the index holes could be small in size, that the potential of the lume is not delivered. Still, under dark light, the indexes look like stars. I guess that was the initial size intended for the dial?
    The size is big and high... but fits quite well for asian wrist even though i'm kind of chubby on that part. But that's not a problem, as i had bought another watch a mm bigger than this... The only worries that i have, will be whether will i hit on concrete walls or other surface when i swing my arm around...

Movement wise, i would expect the 7750 wobble to be norm, however i could felt any. I wonder, if it was the weight of the bezel acting on the case even though the casing is light.

For the moment, the first initial impression ends here. Testing on the chronograph mechanism till going on. Will edit this post when my package is complete.

Couldn't make any edit to the initial post...
    Last edited by feilong108; 11-09-12, 11:37 AM.

Comment

After more than 10 days of wait...
      The short shipped items finally arrived! Will making edit to the initial post in later days if time available with different combinations of straps and bezel pics...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X