VLue for money watches and brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VLue for money watches and brands

With the prices of the more popular escalating, wondering What you guys think are some value for money offerings.

These are my personal list for now:
    1) glycine
    2) sinn
    3) damasco
    4) steinhart
    5) seiko
    I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
    http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

If we're to put brands aside... eventually we will see that the prices of the watches are closely related to the movements that are used.
    Personally, i would judge the value of a timepiece by the movement used, follows by specs, then follow by design, then by brand.

A lot of folks asked me why do i go for lesser known SANDOZ or UHR. My replies to them are always, "is there any brand in the market, which you can find watches fitted with reliable ETA2824 movement that are priced less than $350?" or "is there any brand in the market, which you can find ETA?Valjoux 7750 chrono automatic that are priced less 1k?"

Comment

+1 for seiko.

Still have Citizen, Swatch, Orient.

I gotta disagree that Sinn is value for $ as their prices have climbed much over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed.YEO View Post
        If we're to put brands aside... eventually we will see that the prices of the watches are closely related to the movements that are used.
        Personally, i would judge the value of a timepiece by the movement used, follows by specs, then follow by design, then by brand.

A lot of folks asked me why do i go for lesser known SANDOZ or UHR. My replies to them are always, "is there any brand in the market, which you can find watches fitted with reliable ETA2824 movement that are priced less than $350?" or "is there any brand in the market, which you can find ETA?Valjoux 7750 chrono automatic that are priced less 1k?"
        I concur bro. Actually, a lot of people do not realize that in some cases, the eta/ valjoux/Unitas movements are could actually be mire reliable than some of the in-house calibres. The former have been around and used long enuf to be regarded as reliable workhorses. A lot of the in-house movementa have been rushed to tye market IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by patrickmaniac View Post
          +1 for seiko.

Still have Citizen, Swatch, Orient.

I gotta disagree that Sinn is value for $ as their prices have climbed much over the years.
          Bro, you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle
            in terms of value for money, nothing beats a vintage Seiko with its super hardy, always serviceable in house movements, especially chronos

perhaps not as refine but still amazingly accurate robust and 100% good value for money.
            seiko chronos only come in quartz right?

Comment

the 70s chrono comes in automatic.
              Personally had 1 and beating strong still!
              The time in life is perpertually moving forward while that in the watch is going in circles.

Comment

Ohhh brudder... you had certainly missed some vintage mechnical chronos by Seikos and Citizens that's hot in SeikoClub... hehehe

Comment

If for value for money and quality brands for automactics,some of the brand i have in following;
                  1)Seiko
                  2)Citizen
                  3)Doxa
                  4)Sinn

Comment

Originally posted by Ed.YEO View Post
                    Ohhh brudder... you had certainly missed some vintage mechnical chronos by Seikos and Citizens that's hot in SeikoClub... hehehe
                    dont contaminate me further! arrgh!

Comment

I would also agree that Seiko is value for money. Just wish they do more to improve the quaility of their braclets but I guess you get what you pay.
                      My Current

Rolex Daytona 116515
                      Rolex Submariner 16610
                      Rolex Submariner 116610
                      Rolex Date 1550
                      IWC Spitfire Chronograph 371705
                      IWC Portuguese 7 Days 500107
                      Omega Ocean Planet 22015000
                      Bell & Ross Heritage BR126
                      Grand Seiko GMT SBGM021
                      Seiko Sumo SBDC001
                      Seiko Sumo SBDC003
                      Seiko Marinemaster SBDX012
                      Seiko Brightz SDGZ013 Chronograph

Comment

I actually find that their bracelets are pretty good. Very sturdy. The bracelet on my orange minster, for example are solid chunks.

Comment

there are many variations (Standard, Elaborated, Top and Chronometer) of the ETA movements used by each brand. sometimes you get what you pay for.

Comment

I would say jaeger lecoultre watches, they are the bargain for what they are at their price range, almost 99% every single bit parts are made in-house, and not to mention one of the most in house movement patent in the world . However i don't own one myself due to the designs which i dont fancy that much . Having said that , their price really does put them at an unbeatable value .
                            Current Collection :-
                            AP offshore 25721 TI
                            Dewitt Academia Double Fuseau GMT white gold
                            PP 5712/1a
                            PP 5065 1/a
                            Piaget Polo 45 chrono
                            Panerai 372 (latest)
                            Rolex 16610 LV
                            Rolex Yatchmaster II 116688
                            Rolex Daytona 116520 white dial
                            Rolex TT 16613 black dial
                            Rolex Explorer 1 14720
                            Zenith El-primero Chrono Master
                            Frank muller 8005 sc .
                            U-boat flightdeck cas 50
                            IWC Ingeniur mission earth edition (adventure ecology special edition)

Next target : -

Pam 127
                            Lange 1815

Comment

agree with Jlc.
                              maybe TS might need to narrow down the pricing or this might escalate to higher ranges.

If bought at watch sale, then Frank Muller is "value" for money watch for ladies esp the crazy hours.

For men, I would think GP, glashutte and Zenith would be some.

Originally posted by Spider Boy View Post
                              I would say jaeger lecoultre watches, they are the bargain for what they are at their price range, almost 99% every single bit parts are made in-house, and not to mention one of the most in house movement patent in the world . However i don't own one myself due to the designs which i dont fancy that much . Having said that , their price really does put them at an unbeatable value .

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X