Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by patrickmaniac View Post
    agree with Jlc.
    maybe TS might need to narrow down the pricing or this might escalate to higher ranges.

If bought at watch sale, then Frank Muller is "value" for money watch for ladies esp the crazy hours.

For men, I would think GP, glashutte and Zenith would be some.
    agree. TS should indicate a price range (maybe < $500, $501 - $2000, $2001 - $5000 etc). otherwise everyone will have their own definition of value for money.

Comment

alpina and nomos anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by roguehog View Post
        I actually find that their bracelets are pretty good. Very sturdy. The bracelet on my orange minster, for example are solid chunks.
        Seiko bracelets for higher end models do have solid links. Just find them not as refine and polish as swiss ones I have. Especially the clasp area. Again value for money yes, just not as refined in IMO.
        My Current

Rolex Daytona 116515
        Rolex Submariner 16610
        Rolex Submariner 116610
        Rolex Date 1550
        IWC Spitfire Chronograph 371705
        IWC Portuguese 7 Days 500107
        Omega Ocean Planet 22015000
        Bell & Ross Heritage BR126
        Grand Seiko GMT SBGM021
        Seiko Sumo SBDC001
        Seiko Sumo SBDC003
        Seiko Marinemaster SBDX012
        Seiko Brightz SDGZ013 Chronograph

Comment

Originally posted by infinitesadness View Post
          alpina and nomos anyone?
          每个人心中都有一把尺。

Personally i don't own Alpina as well as NOMOS, hence i couldn't comment whether they're VFM for every single cents you pay.
          However, both are reputable makers, and the movement they used, are as common as what you may find in other watches. So, it's up to individuals, reputation weighs more heavier than the cost:quality factor of the watch... or vice versa...

If given me a choice, the only German maker i will go for, will be G.O. Their movements are different from the others, hence the image of being "common" is not with every watch they make. This will be my VFM.

Alpina... depending on the price they charge. Personally if we strip the brand off, together with STEINHART, comparing the price... i would go for STEINHART. Where can we find competitive price on movements that are either ELABORATE as well as in TOP GRADE?

Comment

one option might be chronoswiss.

Originally posted by Ed.YEO View Post
            每个人心中都有一把尺。

Personally i don't own Alpina as well as NOMOS, hence i couldn't comment whether they're VFM for every single cents you pay.
            However, both are reputable makers, and the movement they used, are as common as what you may find in other watches. So, it's up to individuals, reputation weighs more heavier than the cost:quality factor of the watch... or vice versa...

If given me a choice, the only German maker i will go for, will be G.O. Their movements are different from the others, hence the image of being "common" is not with every watch they make. This will be my VFM.

Alpina... depending on the price they charge. Personally if we strip the brand off, together with STEINHART, comparing the price... i would go for STEINHART. Where can we find competitive price on movements that are either ELABORATE as well as in TOP GRADE?

Comment

For the mid-low tier european brands, imho these represent good quality, design and value:
              sinn, longines, cyma, oris, fortis

Comment

sorry. you guys are right. maybe i should provide a price range.

care to list down your opinions and/or list of brands based on the price brackets below?

<SGD500
                SGD501-1500
                SGD1501-3500
                SGD3500-5500
                SGD5500-7500
                >sgd7500
                I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

每个人心中都有一把尺。

having recently just discovered steinhart, i'd also go for that brand.
                  I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                  http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

An inhouse Tourbillon movement for Brand A cost 100k while from Brand B cost 200k. How are we going to compare which is more valuable?

In my opinion, we should only classified the movement based on using non inhouse e.g. ETA where most different Brand share their common usage.

Steinhart is cheap but is it cheaper than Ball which come Gas tube, anti-magnetic, COSC certified at 1.6k or lesser? Not to mention the 3 years warranty given. By the way, some of the design of Steinhart watch look like copy from somewhere else..........

Getting a replica watch with an ETA movement might be cheaper than.

Comment

ball less than 1.6k?

the more sought after models (ceramic xv, deepquest) are retailing close to 5k no? don't think the lower-end models are cosc certified either.

Comment

Originally posted by Axela2012 View Post
                        ...In my opinion, we should only classified the movement based on using non inhouse e.g. ETA where most different Brand share their common usage.

Steinhart is cheap but is it cheaper than Ball which come Gas tube, anti-magnetic, COSC certified at 1.6k or lesser? Not to mention the 3 years warranty given. By the way, some of the design of Steinhart watch look like copy from somewhere else..........

Getting a replica watch with an ETA movement might be cheaper than.
                        Frankly speaking... I didn't know that 1.6k(SGD? EURO? USD?) can get us a BALL watch with the specs you've mentioned, especially with the COSC "Certification" slapped on the watch.

You're referring to those hommage models made by Steinhart, as copies to Rolexes.
                        To start a business in the world of timepiece, most companies will have to start with hommage models before they eventually move to their own design with own characters. Steinhart was not spared with such challenge in their early years. So as the later micro-brands from Europe as well as the Americas.

For your interest...
                        http://www.asthewatchturns.com/?p=578

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle
                          modern ones perhaps are mostly quartz.
                          vintage ones are automatics.
                          super hardy self winding watches those
                          Today's SEIKO Mechanical Chronos are only available thru their ANANTA and PHOENIX range... and they're price more than SGD7k. Unless if you're a SEIKO hardcore, i really wouldn't think you might want to spend the price of 2 or more SWISS Auto-Chronos on just a single piece, which you'll also be worrying about their spare part availability as well as the price of service when the day comes.

Comment

Originally posted by infinitesadness View Post
                            ball less than 1.6k?

the more sought after models (ceramic xv, deepquest) are retailing close to 5k no? don't think the lower-end models are cosc certified either.
                            For example a Red Label Ball with ETA 2836-2, which is COSC certified, at retail price $2650 after (30%+10%) discount cost ~1.6k.

The "lesser" I meant is their other models with cheaper retail price will cost lesser than 1.6k.

Comment

fyi, I was offered the Cannonball at 2.9k (retail price 4.6k) by one of the AD last mth base on the above discount rate as mentioned. It come with 49 jewel chronograph movement & 5000Gs shock resistance.

Frankly speaking... I didn't know that 1.6k(SGD? EURO? USD?) can get us a BALL watch with the specs you've mentioned, especially with the COSC "Certification" slapped on the watch.

Comment

For me.....value for money = SEIKOs......

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X