Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aerospace avantage servicing

Open question to guys knowledgeable in breitling watches,

My mentioned watch (bought since jun08) ran out of batt and came to complete stoppage. Fearing it may lead to battery leakage, i send it in for battery replacement only to be told that the 'electronic module' in my watch has failed the testing and will require a complete servicing (almost 800sgd) instead a simple battery replacement (150sgd thereabouts). sounds like a rip off to me since my watch costs me less than 4k.
    Is it a common rip off by the breitling service centre in singapore? sighz.
    current toys
    iwc pilot chrono 3717-04
    breitling aerospace avantage

i encountered a similar incident with my tag at the their service centre. told me some module thing has spoilt and needed to be replaced completely. i took my watch to another watchmaker and it turned out to be only a battery leak. cleaned it up, put in new batteries and now it's running good.

Comment

Originally posted by horonIX View Post
      Open question to guys knowledgeable in breitling watches,

My mentioned watch (bought since jun08) ran out of batt and came to complete stoppage. Fearing it may lead to battery leakage, i send it in for battery replacement only to be told that the 'electronic module' in my watch has failed the testing and will require a complete servicing (almost 800sgd) instead a simple battery replacement (150sgd thereabouts). sounds like a rip off to me since my watch costs me less than 4k.
      Is it a common rip off by the breitling service centre in singapore? sighz.
      Sorry to hear this bro, but end of day best to fix so your watch will be ok..... you certainly did the right thing and sent it in straight away.

Can I suggest you ask them to put a battery in it and see if it works, have a look - ask them to show you perhaps?. Good luck !!
      ROLEX.

Comment

unfortunately they say batt leak into the watch and hence the complete servicing. part and parcel of maintaining such watches i guess. thanks for the replies.
        current toys
        iwc pilot chrono 3717-04
        breitling aerospace avantage

Comment

Originally posted by horonIX View Post
          unfortunately they say batt leak into the watch and hence the complete servicing. part and parcel of maintaining such watches i guess. thanks for the replies.
          Sorry to hear that... try stick with automatic anyways.
          ROLEX.

Comment

Ya bros... Totally agree to automatic with much less of a hassle...
            If you don't mind your automatic watch running slow, then can use for so so many years bro...
            HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
            ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
            Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
            Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
            Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
            TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
            G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
            Rolex ladies datejust
            vintage Cartier tank 18k
            TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

I had the same problem with my aerospace which i got at a discount in the nineties. Cost me only $800 for the watch and now the service centre wanted the same amount just for a batt change and service.
              Brought to another watchmaker. Had the batt change and the watch works fine. Of course, there is no guarantee thereafter.
              All the best to your batt change.
              Rolex TT Daytona, White Dial (116523, V Series)
              Rolex SS GMT IIc (116710, alphanumeric Series)
              Rolex DeepSea_SeaDweller (116660, G Series)
              Rolex Submariner Green Hulk (116610LV, alphanumeric Series)
              Rolex Yachtmaster Blue (116622, alphanumeric Series)
              Panerai Pam320 O
              Brietling Aerospace Titanium Black Dial.
              Brietling Chronospace SS Blue Dial.

Comment

Hi,

I have a Breitling Aerospace with leather strap. If I want to sell it, what will be a reasonable price? No box and papers.

Thanks.

Comment

For me, I just go to a watch shop to change my battery for $50.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X