Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lum-Tec owners (past, present, future?) gathers here - Post Pics, Feedback etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lum-Tec owners (past, present, future?) gathers here - Post Pics, Feedback etc.

hey guys,

as some of you may already know Lum-Tec started out in late 2008 and I have since been representing them here in Singapore, sharing with anyone who is genuine and keen to know more.

I believe there are many Lum-Tec owners present or past-owners here. Under a request from a very special mystery member here , I like to start the ball rolling, gathering all folks here.

Hopefully, to gather more feedback and perhaps have a get-together sometime later in Q4 this year?

Part 1: the super brief history

Lum-Tec started out with M3 chronograph..
    anyone out there still has their maiden models? M1/2/3/4/5 and B1/B1LE?
    how do they look like now? still on the same strap? or have fitted a new strap? let's see them...

This was a professional shot of the most popular M-chrono series - M5 Phantom

Anyone still has this?

And of course, who can resist the 'killer' black/orange combo look of M4!

......To be Continued....
    (meanwhile, do shoot comments, share pics etc etc..)

[I][COLOR="navy"]"You don't realize how strong a person really is until you see them at their weakest moment." - Unknown[/COLOR][/I]

Here's mine, only thing I have to bring up is that the keeper for the leather strap came apart because of the glue inside but I've already gotten a master craftsman to fix it

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

And you're sellin' it now
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        And you're sellin' it now
        Hahaha not posting because of that luh! Going onboard ship sailing liao...dun think leather straps are suitable.

Put up and see if got response lor hehe

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          Hahaha not posting because of that luh! Going onboard ship sailing liao...dun think leather straps are suitable.

Put up and see if got response lor hehe
          hey darkangel, you are right, leather straps will not do well with wet-conditions..but never thought of a waterproof strap for the Vs. haha.

oops, sorry about the keeper of the original strap, that pilot strap is honestly some of the "better" ones, well, I cant really control the kind of straps they want to make also. hahaha...
          [I][COLOR="navy"]"You don't realize how strong a person really is until you see them at their weakest moment." - Unknown[/COLOR][/I]

Comment

wow..pulling up some old photos of the first series..so here goes more pictures..

Really curious to find out how many of members and viewers own any of these "pioneer" watches still.

a Customised M5 without phantom crystal

the highest polished case ever seen on LT M series.
            The M3 Chronograph

this was how I charge the Lum-Tec watches for the first time using LED before photo shoot.
            (later I learned that LEDs are not ideal)

Comment

2009: a year for Lum-Tec to roll out lots of black/orange combination
              Also introduced new series and models from Lum-Tec collection emerge.
              *Bull45, *M-Automatic, *Lumzilla automatic and the ever popular, highly in demand *M-Tungsten.

M-automatic had a mini design flaw, which is that quick-set date button at "2".
              The bracelet, IMHO, can be further improved, in terms of design, fitting and finishing for the PVD models, but it's part of the set anyway.

M18 automatic

(p.s. this was taken within seconds after expose to UV rays and taken with auto-focus camera)

(from L to R: M18, M16, M17 Phantom)

Comment

Lumzilla was designed for those who love it thick and large. Probably the only Lumzilla with Automatics here.

The LZ2 Full lume, to me, stands out. I cant really wear this as it has fixed lugs, not the typical movable lugs.

just a family group shot of some of the 2009 models.

if any of you owns 2009 models, do share some pics, perhaps fitted on new custom strap or already badly scratched up ?

will post Tungstens later

Comment

Lum-Tec Tungsten 2009 flashback

The Ultimate Wristwatch for the rough user (who doesn't like black cased watches)

Lum-Tec spent nearly 12 months to release her first Tungsten series, more than 90% of the first 3 models were reserved/sold-out even before officially released.

Using a solid Tungsten-Carbide (wolfram) case, it is an alloy-material that will never lose its polish and is nearly impossible to scratch (except by diamond, which is what used to polish the case). With a melting point of 3410 degree Celsius, the case is also extremely heat resistant. The weight is similar to that of 24K gold and the polish is even finer.

First 3 models released were the M6, M7, and M8, housed in the proven reliable SII automatic movement -- and surprisingly, one of the first few models with a "LUM-TEC" signed on the rotor.

My personal comments / opinions :
                  1. would prefer a screw-down signed crown
                  2. some have problems with the crown and also the carbon-content mix on the case
                  3. Prefer a much thicker / at least comparable leather strap and rubber strap
                  4. Better designed tungsten bracelet (which is an add-on for these models)
                  5. Truly a hefty weight esp with the bracelet. Ultra shiny polish, wears well. and don't have to worry about scratch marks.

(others who own or used to own are welcome to post pics and share comments as well)

Here comes the pictures. All were limited 100 units worldwide.

M6 with black dial and C3 MDV-superluminova

M7 - full lume dial ( the "torch" ) [ a very versatile-looking, unique watch ]

more to come below...

Comment

M8 with real carbon fiber dial

The power of "3"

M6/7/8 are all long sold-out, however, if you are in luck, you may be able to find a willing seller to part with their watches, though I say if you do find one up for sale, grab it while you can, 'cause they often sell fast!

Comment

There are couple more models from 2009 series mostly the M-chronograph and Bull45-chronograph range...but 2010 was very exciting for Lum-Tec and their avid fans worldwide as they expanded in production quantities with Divers and Tungstens and different Combat models to try to cater to everyone's desires and needs.

Divers were the talk of the town! Too much lume, too much weight and height. It is just too thick! HAHAHA. Some love it, some detest it, some are sitting on the fence. Either way, 500Ms were produced in limited worldwide of 200pcs for the SS version and 150pcs for the PVD versions, and most are already sold-out.

Concept drawing

To "live" 500M-1

PVD versions, 500M-2 and 500M-3 orange

The thick domed sapphire crystal

would love to see more wrist shots of the 500Ms. always look so good with a thick leather strap.

Comment

Sorry for not updating soonest, been busy with other projects.

So that same year where 500M were released, I would say 2010 is really a year where tons of models were released.

It is also the year of the "Combats" with 3 different movements, each having either black dial or real carbon fiber face dial, with either an option of beadblasted case or Ti-C PVD hard case. Not to mention one can choose to swap for a phantom-crystal. Okay too many choices for "pampered" watch nuts :P

Combat B4 (24 hour dial)

Combat B6 (automatic )

Phantom option

Combat B13 (automatic with real CF dial)

my own "not-so-professional" lume shot.

Comment

Next up for 2010, there were the Bull45s.
                          The case is curved for comfortable fit. It is a pity though that a Bull45 has not been released in automatic. Keeping fingers crossed, we never know when it may become a reality. prob in 2013 ?

From A7 to A16-H :: some highlights of the series includes

1. A8

2. A14

glamor shot

later on, modifications was introduced like swapping the case to a rose-gold pvd case.

like this A15-RG

Comment

more Lum-Tec Tungstens

....And when 2009 Tungstens proved to be too hot, more Tungstens were introduced, housing only ETA movements for Lum-Tec's own " premium " range.
                            Still, for the reasonable price point and what comes with the Tungsten package, fans and owners all over the world continue to snap them up because where in the world (to date) can one find such a watch + all its accompanying accessories at below 3000 ?

There were some issues with crown and bracelets but that was quickly solved as well.

Tungsten Manual ETA 6498-1 in M20, M21 and M22

Tungsten Automatic ETA 2824-2 in M23, M24, M25

Probably the only Tungsten GMT ETA 2893 automatic M27

and Tungsten Power Reserve Soprod 9040 M26 and M28

Comment

Lum-Tec 2011 series - special video feature !

Half a year has passed since the 2011 collection has been released.

M-automatics were released with elements drawn from the 2009 collection, housing the latest ultra-precise Miyota 9015 automatic reliable movement.

All watches were fitted with sapphire caseback to witness the raw movement in action.

In particular M50 orange was given a vintage-brown leather strap for a striking contrast.

and M51-P with a phantom-tinted crystal

And starting 24-July-2012, each month, we will be introducing our very own video feature of a watch we love. This is a 5-part series of our very own video channel collaborated with local budding artist, encouraging original creativity in the process.

Humbly introducing our first video feature --- SHARE this on your FB wall today with your friends and win a S$50 cash voucher instantly.

1. You must be fans of Watchwerkz first, so that we can trackback. ( Your friends can be new fans to share as well)
                              2. Next, we'll then PM you for details so that we can mail the voucher to you. (T&C applies for vouchers)
                              3. Each voucher is valid for one-time local in-store purchase.

FINALLY, the more you share our videos, the higher the chances for our big December XMAS draw lucky win ( a mystery gift worth at least S$1000)

The M49 automatic -- we love this for the simplicity and versatility. An iconic Lum-Tec watch.

I would love to embed the video from youtube but for some reason, the video does not show.

so here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=SG&v=oPxMeWBMH_c

Hope you will enjoy!

Thank you so much

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X