Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tag Heuer daily wear qns

Hi All,

Finally bought my Carrera (classic) running on automatic after hesitating for a year.

A couple of questions as a newbie

As i only wear it during moving around, when seated at my desk, normally i left my watch on desk. hence i noticed it is insufficient to charge up the automatic.

1.) is it ok that i wind my watch everyday in the morning when i start wearing?

2.) how much winding should i go for? i noticed the winding is endless. Correct me if i am wrong, i wind the knob in clockwise direction without pulling out the knob.

3.) sales advised me to avoid winding when the watch is between 10 to 2 arch, that's when the watch is jumping into a new date?

Have tried to read the manual, but the manual seems to be meant for aquaracer and found no instructions on winding.

much appreciated for any replies.

Originally posted by nitrodrops View Post
    Hi All,

Finally bought my Carrera (classic) running on automatic after hesitating for a year.

A couple of questions as a newbie

As i only wear it during moving around, when seated at my desk, normally i left my watch on desk. hence i noticed it is insufficient to charge up the automatic.

1.) is it ok that i wind my watch everyday in the morning when i start wearing?

2.) how much winding should i go for? i noticed the winding is endless. Correct me if i am wrong, i wind the knob in clockwise direction without pulling out the knob.

3.) sales advised me to avoid winding when the watch is between 10 to 2 arch, that's when the watch is jumping into a new date?

Have tried to read the manual, but the manual seems to be meant for aquaracer and found no instructions on winding.

much appreciated for any replies.
    1) Hi bro... First of all congrats on your new carrera... I suggest for you to not wind the watch everyday... Cos you'll just wear out your crown faster than normal use... So just wear your watch as per normal everyday and it'll be fine...

2) The normal is just wind the crown abt 30 to 40 times should keep the watch wound n running for abt 48 hours or so...

3) i think you mean the salesperson told you not to change the date during 10pm to 2am rite... You can wind your watch at anytime bro...

And one more thing, what makes you say that your watch isn't sufficient in power...???
    HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
    ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
    Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
    Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
    Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
    TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
    G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
    Rolex ladies datejust
    vintage Cartier tank 18k
    TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

And yeah bro... One more thing i forgot to mention... Basically i think you should just wear your watch than leave it lying on your desk la... That should solve your problem cos assuming that your watch is brand new, even the slightest movement of your wrist wil turn the oscilating weight in your watch's movement... For example like typing the keyboard or flipping some documents... So don't leave it on your desk and risk getting the watch stolen or damaged cos someone or you can knock it off the desk... And don't worry abt scratching the watch cos sooner or later it will happen... Scratches on watches are inevitable... So jus wear it in gd health and pride... Jus a friendly advice... No offence... Cheers...����
      HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
      ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
      Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
      Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
      Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
      TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
      G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
      Rolex ladies datejust
      vintage Cartier tank 18k
      TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

thnx for your reply.

watch stopped moving after 2 days, so I suspected not much movement to charge it. don't like wearing a watch when working especially typing. will monitor how it goes

ta

Comment

going to buy a winder box, any good ones to recommend?

Comment

Anyone can advice how to maintain the carrera like how frequent we are suppose to wash n how to wash?

Comment

Congrat and welcome to the Carrera Club! I do own a CV2a80 titanium and it came with a leather straps, I will clean it with a damp cloth and rub away the dirt and sweat and just let it dry on it's own. I have this watch with me for 2 years already and it looks brand new! ( with tender loving care of course) it is not my daily beater. I do have 2 Seiko chrono watch which is full metal and I will was it with some soap and brush the edges withan old toothbrush. Trust me, it will come out super shine!
              Just to share with Nitrodrops as all automatic watch collector already know is that change the date at 10 to 2 position will damage the delicate movement of the watch

Comment

Yes, there's truth in not winding an automatic during the date turnover hours.

Comment

when i got my carrera , the sales gal ask me not to wind from 8pm to 2am. actually feel strange abt it, shld not hav bot then
                  delayed my rolex purchase :P

Comment

Hello, not only TAG movement la, Rollie also follow the same rules when come to winding your auto watch. Enjoy wearing in good health

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X