• Show
Clear All

Sorry make that 5160 aussie.
    Check this out:

http://www.tiptop-watches.com/watches/rwnabucco.html
    There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
      the RW looks cool also.... the contrast and all.... wats the damage ?

2.5k for Longines.... not for me.. i'll get a Ball...

Y Ball n nt Longines?

Ball is US made rite?
      Submariner 16610

Submariner 16610LV

SeaDweller 16600

Explorer II Black Dial

Breitling Colt Automatic

Tudor Hydronaut II

Tag Heuer F1 Chrono(Orange)

SeaMaster 2253.80.00

Comment

I love this one too. Not sure if it's is using L651 calibre (ETA based 2894/2). If it is, then I would say it's a pretty good buy. The 2894/2 movement cost alot more than 2824 and 2836 variants.

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
        This looks gd.... wats the damage..

d e a r.l y - because they are worth it...

w a s t i n g m y t i.m e

Comment

Ball watches are swiss made. Some company bought over the right to use Ball watch Company name. Ball Watch Company is a US base company.

Originally posted by lsk005 View Post
          Y Ball n nt Longines?

Ball is US made rite?

Comment

Originally posted by carrot^ View Post
            I love this one too. Not sure if it's is using L651 calibre (ETA based 2894/2). If it is, then I would say it's a pretty good buy. The 2894/2 movement cost alot more than 2824 and 2836 variants.
            Hi, anyone know whether this watch uses L651 calibre (ETA based 2894/2)? I m interested in getting this watch.thks.
            Submariner 16610

Submariner 16610LV

SeaDweller 16600

Explorer II Black Dial

Breitling Colt Automatic

Tudor Hydronaut II

SeaMaster 2253.80.00

Comment

Hi lsk005, u can always try searching for more info on longine official website or on the www. might be able to get more info. This watch is still very new I don't think alot of ppl have this watch yet.

Hi, anyone know whether this watch uses L651 calibre (ETA based 2894/2)? I m interested in getting this watch.thks.

Comment

Hi lsk005.

The model number for this particular hydroconquest you are interested in is L3.673.4.76.6 and according to Longines website, it is based on the popular Valjoux 7750 which is a chronograph workhorse. A very good and reliable movement as alot of other watches are using this movement as well.

One point to take note about the Valjoux 7750 is that it's pretty "noisy" when you shake it.

I have 2 chronograph watches, one with ETA 2894/2 (my longines chrono olympic edition) and one with Valjoux 7750 (my r.x.w plasmir migraph). The "noise" from the VJ 7750 is pretty loud as compare to the ETA 2894/2. However some ppl actually likes the "noise"

It's better that you go down to an AD and play with the watch.

If you really want a L651 calibre based Longines watch, you can take a look at their Master collections. I think most of the chronos in that collection are using L651 but they are not exactly sport watches.

Last edited by carrot^; 29-11-07, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Thks for enlighting. Anyway to pay above 2k for a longines nt quite worth hor.Better to get either Tudor or Omega right?More "Pai Tao". Any1 agree with me?
                  Submariner 16610

Submariner 16610LV

SeaDweller 16600

Explorer II Black Dial

Breitling Colt Automatic

Tudor Hydronaut II

SeaMaster 2253.80.00

Comment

not much diff...
                    the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                    visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Thks for enlighting. Anyway to pay above 2k for a longines nt quite worth hor.Better to get either Tudor or Omega right?More "Pai Tao". Any1 agree with me?
                      This watch is cool! But I agree with you. LONGINES has poor resale value as compared to ROLEX, IWC, PANERAI, etc
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Well, i don't feel it that way. If the watch is well built and price is right and you love it, why not? The reason for you to buy the watch is for wearing, unless u are in the watch buy and sell biz, if not why shld the resale value bothers u if u are going to wear it for a long long time?

Comment

For those who own more than one watch, we never know when other watches 'strike' us more than the current collection we have. When that happens, we may need to sell some watches to fund the new one.

Thus, resale value is tic when buying a watch

Comment

as long as at the time u chose the watch, u like it alot, the resale shouldn't be the main deciding factor since u r not deciding to "flip" it but to enjoy wearing it.

resale value is controlled by demand n supply, even for rolex watches, which model will appreciate the most we can't determine for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by 3xtra View Post
                              as long as at the time u chose the watch, u like it alot, the resale shouldn't be the main deciding factor since u r not deciding to "flip" it but to enjoy wearing it.

resale value is controlled by demand n supply, even for rolex watches, which model will appreciate the most we can't determine for sure.
                              Agreed. The bottomline lies in how much you like the watch. But resale value is definitely one of my considerations when buying an expensive watch. Firstly, you never know when something hits you and you need to sell the watch. Secondly, you will not want to spend $10K to buy a white elephant, unless of course you have lots of moolah

Cheers

Comment

Hi guys, i am thinking of selling my Longines Hydroconquest to finance a new purchase since there is little doubt that i will have much wrist time for this baby in future:

http://www.righttime.com/LONGINES/SPORT/l36424566.jpg

Anyone keen? Purchased early this year and the 2-yr warranty still stands till 2010. Looks very new still. Full links. Box and papers.

Thanks.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X