Illume question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illume question

How do we compare between the brightness among ball watches ? which are the ball watches (non chronograph) are very eye catching at night, so far i only notice NT and EMII aviator...

the more gas tube the more brighter it is ? please advice

Yes.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Apart from the no. of gas tubes, the gas concentration of each tube also plays a part. Take a look at the EMII Classic, it does not have as many tubes as some other Ball models (neither are the tubes as thick) but its right there on the top as one of the brighter models. Its also T rated rather than T25.
      sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

can list afew very bright ball watches ?

Comment

from the website it didnt states about the illume concentration ? how do we tell from the specification ?

Comment

We wont know the actual brightness of each tube but there is a rating on the dial to indicate the overall brightness. Its been discussed here: http://watchtalkworld.proboards84.co...ay&thread=2540

Originally posted by VainKid View Post
            from the website it didnt states about the illume concentration ? how do we tell from the specification ?
            sys12345

Comment

thank u sys12345 for the info... so i assume T100 is the brightest among the ball watches or should i say T100 is brighter than T and T25 is the not so bright series

Comment

T100 was a typo printing. The only available ratings are T and T25.
                sys12345

Comment

The link seemed to have broken.

Anyone still has link(s) that talk about illume of Ball's gas tubes?

Am keen to buy a SM glow, but am considering the cost of replacing the gas tubes..

Furthermore I read somewhere that different colour gas tubes has different lifespans.

Any Ball users can comment on this?

Comment

Originally posted by shutterbox View Post
                    The link seemed to have broken.

Anyone still has link(s) that talk about illume of Ball's gas tubes?

Am keen to buy a SM glow, but am considering the cost of replacing the gas tubes..

Furthermore I read somewhere that different colour gas tubes has different lifespans.

Any Ball users can comment on this?
                    Hello shutterbox, i currently have a SM glow and I have to say that the brightness of gas tubes on the dial is impressive, but if you really want best effect put it out in the sun for abit and charge up the bezel, it really enhances its overall effect.

Regarding the gas tubes, I read that they are supposed to last 25 years, not sure how much they cost to change or how often individual tubes might die on you.
                    My Tumblr
                    -------------------
                    http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kqxrlovesSpeedmasters View Post
                      Hello shutterbox, i currently have a SM glow and I have to say that the brightness of gas tubes on the dial is impressive, but if you really want best effect put it out in the sun for abit and charge up the bezel, it really enhances its overall effect.

Regarding the gas tubes, I read that they are supposed to last 25 years, not sure how much they cost to change or how often individual tubes might die on you.
                      The tritum tubes have a half life of about 25 years. Which means after 25 years, they become 50% less bright. Not totaly non-glowing.
                      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by sys12345 View Post
                        T100 was a typo printing. The only available ratings are T and T25.
                        dun think T100 is a typo

Comment

I briefly recalled that T100 was a typo in the US because the US regulatory agency forbid watch to have anything more than T25 or T75 or something. You can check the US nuclear department website for info or fhs website for the use of tritium "T" on watches. Other countries like singapore dun really care how much lume in the watch. Anyway I put my Aviator in front of the Geiger counter and the needle did not even moved an inches when i on it!
                          sigpic

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X