Disaster struck on my beloved U1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disaster struck on my beloved U1

Have been MIA this week from SGROC as my daughter arrived on Sunday. Been busy. However, I am extremely upset as disaster strikes by U1 today.
    Went to my in laws for dinner and took my watch out as usual and placed it on top of a 1.4m high shoe cabinet. As you have guess it, my clumsy and reckless (Qi Chor Lor Kuoy) MIL wanted to pack things for me to bring back to her daughter in confinement, failed to see my watch was ON a bag, pulled the bag and my U1 took a nose dive onto the ceremic floor. There were two dents on the case as a result. Damn Tu lan with her and cannot scold her (dun wana disrespect). Just gave black face and didn't talk to her after that. Can see that she felt damn bad but I couldn't care as my pain was greater.
    Any brothers here can advice if any repairs are possible at Sinn? Changing the CASE costly?

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

congratulations..

sorry to hear about it. if the watch case is dented and u want to change it. no cheap.

anyway, it is an accident.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I dunno to congratulate u or empathise. Ur message is quite diff to respond. But i think te gd news is mre important. So congratz to fatherhood. As for ur watch, errr.... sme gurus here shld b able to give u proper advice.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

ouch!

Try to live with the dent if possible la...anyway...congrats

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

congratulations.....

now onto your case......i think not much alternative, polishing will result in overpolishing, and changing case will not be cheap. my 6694 change case wasnt cheap iirc...... need to look for post/image
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Congrats on the new addition to the family. Sorry to hear about the watch.

Comment

Congratulations.....!!! I think the dent make your watch more meaningful and marks the new addtion to your family!!! Don't remove it or change the case.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your watch, but once you see the smile of your daughter, you will forget about the dent
                [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
                [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
                [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
                [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
                [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
                [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

With the baby bonus, can buy a new one? joking only...cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                    Have been MIA this week from SGROC as my daughter arrived on Sunday. Been busy. However, I am extremely upset as disaster strikes by U1 today.
                    Went to my in laws for dinner and took my watch out as usual and placed it on top of a 1.4m high shoe cabinet. As you have guess it, my clumsy and reckless (Qi Chor Lor Kuoy) MIL wanted to pack things for me to bring back to her daughter in confinement, failed to see my watch was ON a bag, pulled the bag and my U1 took a nose dive onto the ceremic floor. There were two dents on the case as a result. Damn Tu lan with her and cannot scold her (dun wana disrespect). Just gave black face and didn't talk to her after that. Can see that she felt damn bad but I couldn't care as my pain was greater.
                    Any brothers here can advice if any repairs are possible at Sinn? Changing the CASE costly?
                    no idea really...yrs is the first case i heard of or in sg-roc...think ya can call AD to check..maybe they change foc for ya..suppose to be "very hardy" case right? let us know lah after ya check with AD....tell them if they dun fix it, their reputation will be tarnished....maybe like this will be foc?? sorry to hear this, bro.
                    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                    Audemars Piguet ROO
                    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                    Panerai 270
                    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                    Rolex 116610LV
                    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

thank you all for your heart warming wishes. Ya the arrival if my daughter is truely a joy. Love this second fatherhood experience all over again as my son arrived more than two years ago. The first year is truely heart warming despite the sleepless nights, washing of breast pumps, diapers, poom poom for the little cuteies. Ü
                      Regarding my watch. Sigh. Looks like LAN LAN case. May call AD to try my luck as James suggested. Thanks guys for your kind sympathy.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                      - GMT II
                      - GMT IIc TT
                      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                      - U1
                      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

i would suggest u bring it down rather than talk it over the phone.
                        i agree that the case is a tough case, that can withstand knocks. no doubt it is tegimented steel but steel can be dented and scratched.

sometimes looking @ the damage may/may not reveal the cause of damage.

be firm when seeking assistance. FOC is a possibility depending on how much goodwill they willing to extend. im just making a wild guess. a ~2k watch which might mean the cost of the case ~350. this is to factor in the profit they - AD and brand make.

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                        think ya can call AD to check..maybe they change foc for ya..suppose to be "very hardy" case right? let us know lah after ya check with AD....tell them if they dun fix it, their reputation will be tarnished....
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                          thank you all for your heart warming wishes. Ya the arrival if my daughter is truely a joy. Love this second fatherhood experience all over again as my son arrived more than two years ago. The first year is truely heart warming despite the sleepless nights, washing of breast pumps, diapers, poom poom for the little cuteies. Ü
                          Regarding my watch. Sigh. Looks like LAN LAN case. May call AD to try my luck as James suggested. Thanks guys for your kind sympathy.
                          Congras, Bro. My boy also join in this week on Wed. Going through the daddy cycle as u now, do post some pic of her on Facebook.

Very sorry to hear abt yr U1. Keep us updated on the outcome from the AD.
                          In The Box

Sinn U1
                          Rolex Submariner <M>
                          Rolex GMT IIc
                          Rolex Datejust <179160>
                          Breitling Super Ocean SteelFish

Comment

Congrats on your baby bro!

Try bringing the watch to your AD and hope things turn out fine
                            运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Maybe you can post some pics of your U1?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X