my journey to getting a helson gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my journey to getting a helson gauge

i was first introduced to this brand about 2 years ago. a friend and forum member was saying that the gauge is probably one of the ultimate dive watch. i started doing my homework on this brand and model - helson gauge.

last year a friend of mine ask me if can help him find this watch. i said it is tough as limited numbers. 3 weeks later he showed me the watch. to me it was just another big case size watch. yet to really catch my fancy. this was the earlier part of the year. later part of the year, the friend who first introduced me to this watch was asking if it is worth it to get the watch, he finally found a preown piece.

i replied, get it if you really like it because it is abit hard to sell due to its case size and thickness. not many people can carry this kind of size watch especially the lugs where it is similar style to that of the AP ROO. i have tried on a ROO and the watch does not really sit nicely on the wrist, it leaves 2 gaps @ the lugs area. look @ the photo below to have better understanding what i am trying to get through

sometime down the road, i was again introduced to another brand of dive watch by pita. (click here for pictures) the round thick case watch now is slowly appealing to me.

then i emailed peter @ helson watch expressing interests in the helson gauge. he replied that the first generation has been sold out. then about 1 month ago, i saw on their website that there is 2 new versions of the gauge. one is similar to the first generation while the other is a single hand watch (i nicknamed one arm bandit).

my mind start to ponder which one which i get. eventually i decided on the single hand watch. why? i have been interested in owning a single hand watch for close to four years after i first saw the MeisterSinger No 01. During the past 4 years, i was looking to get one of these but everytime i told myself to give myself 2 months. this is to see if i really fancy the watch. each time after 2 months, another time piece would come along which caught my fancy. so i keep delaying in getting one.

eventually helson watch produced a 1 hand watch. the watch has a thick case. it has a 'superdome' sapphire glass. the crown is flushed with the case. not many brands make crown that is flushed. see picture below

on the day it was announced on the website, i eventually purchased it. part of the reason why i purchase this watch is due to its bronze bezel. i am still hesitant in a bronze watch because it is a material that changes with the climate. how will it change its color? how will it fare in the tropics? how will it fare with high humidity?

time will tell how the bronze will react in Singapore.........

more pictures on this watch can be found here
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X