Watch recommendation please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch recommendation please!

Hey guys! I am really new and this forum had really opened my eyes to all the beautiful watches you all own!

I am looking to get a new watch for myself with a budget of $1,000. Can you guys give me some recommendations on what I should look out for?

Here are my requirements:

1) Leather strap
    2) Automatic
    3) Date function

Additional functions I would love to have:

1) Good lum for the hand and numbers
    2) Moon phase (I know it will definitely be very expensive with this but I'm hoping there will be one within my budget)

Appreciate all contributions! Thank you!

u can try a seiko!
    if better is possible, good is not enough

Comment

Hi and welcome

You can start by first using the search function because I've seen people asked this several times. For your budget, there should be quite a number of brands that you can look at such as Seiko, Citizen, Orient, Oris, Fortis, Hamilton, Louis Erard, Laco, etc. There are just too many brands out there.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

For the budget i will go on Tissot. i did get my Tissot quartz 10 years ago. i wear it during my work which was most of the time deal with high corrosive gases. Until today it work very well for me and im still wearing it.

Comment

With a $1000, it seems only a few brands are available. If you prefer Swiss Made watches, seems only Tag Heuer is the closest. For moon phase, I think it's not possible with luxury brand. But recently I noticed Sovil et Titus seems to have a piece with moon phase and only costs a few hundreds. But if not wrong it seems quartz and rose gold plated. Try find it from City Chain.

Comment

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
            With a $1000, it seems only a few brands are available. If you prefer Swiss Made watches, seems only Tag Heuer is the closest. For moon phase, I think it's not possible with luxury brand. But recently I noticed Sovil et Titus seems to have a piece with moon phase and only costs a few hundreds. But if not wrong it seems quartz and rose gold plated. Try find it from City Chain.
            I think all tag heuer is more than 1000. Unless second hand

Comment

Dear Eedwinn,

I applaud your recent decision to acquire a quality timepiece. With a budget of $1000, I would suggest that you focus your sights on Japanese manufacturers. For $1000, you can acquire the Orient Star Retrograde which has an excellent quality to price ration.

You can read about this watch in this comprehensive article by Yeoman. The metal bracelet can easily be swapped out for a leather strap, thereby fulfilling your top 3 criteria.

IMHO, this would be a much better purchase compared to any 3rd rate Swiss brand. Cheers.

http://yeomanseiko.wordpress.com/201...rade-de00002b/
              My Tumblr
              -------------------
              http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Billabonkers View Post
                u can try a seiko!
                Trying to avoid Jap watches if possible... Thanks!

Originally posted by hugoleong View Post
                For the budget i will go on Tissot. i did get my Tissot quartz 10 years ago. i wear it during my work which was most of the time deal with high corrosive gases. Until today it work very well for me and im still wearing it.
                I saw Tissot watches too but there wasn't any that caught my eyes. Any one which you think is awesome?

Originally posted by nim
                Sgd1k can get some decent swiss made eg cyma, longines
                Any particular model of Longines you would recommend?

Thanks all for the rest of the recommendations! I greatly appreciate it and would look into all of them to see which is the best among them!

Comment

I just did some shopping at taka Chanel just now and i am impressed by the watches they offer. Chanel watches display in their boutique start from $7k plus. I vividly recalled they use AP movement ( but not sure if its for all their present watches or selected model.) One thing good is that Chanel do not offer discount( Hmmme kinda not good if you are there with your wife but not buying watches... there goes one azimuth watch for me this year.)

The other brand you can consider is well, azimuth. Home town brand based in Swiss. Their offering are not bad and prices competitive with other swiss watch brand. Cheers.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oops, if your budget is around $1k plus. You can look at BALL fireman series or Oris entry level watch.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
                      Oops, if your budget is around $1k plus. You can look at BALL fireman series or Oris entry level watch.
                      Indeed! I'm looking at the Ball watches and I knew that will be the watch I'm getting the instant it caught my eye. Any particular model which will fit my budget and the best among them?

Comment

Ball is a US brand but Swiss made.

Comment

Swiss origin and swiss made are mostly just advertising gimmick. Even if they have swiss origin, most are just "revived" brand with no or little link to their past DNA... Best thing is "Swiss made" does not necessary guarantee that the watch is "fully manufacture" in swiss. You can look at Frédérique Constant, they have watches in the sub-$1k plus range that are nice and elegant.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
                            Swiss origin and swiss made are mostly just advertising gimmick. Even if they have swiss origin, most are just "revived" brand with no or little link to their past DNA... Best thing is "Swiss made" does not necessary guarantee that the watch is "fully manufacture" in swiss. You can look at Frédérique Constant, they have watches in the sub-$1k plus range that are nice and elegant.
                            Their collections look pretty good! Where can I find them?

Comment

Perhaps u can consider this Certina DS Action 200m diver (ETA 2824-2 auto)? Blue lumed hands and sapphire bezel (0 to 20)

sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X