Watch Review - Dievas Focal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch Review - Dievas Focal

I have always like left hand crown watch as I feel that they are always unique in their own rights. When Sinn first announced the U1000, I wanted so much to own one. However, when it finally reached our shores, I was disappointed with the pricing as I believe that German tool watch is usually affordable. Even after discount, it cost close to 3 times more than a basic U1. Some may argue that it can operate under water, has a stop watch feature, using tegimented steel, argon gas and a whole heaps of features.

Since then I have been still looking around for a left hand crown dive watch, there are some that appear but it was not what I was looking for. Couple of months ago, I came in contact with one piece (prototype). It was a German dive watch at a price that is affordable. It was finally launched last week.

Dievas a Germany watch brand has the latest model - Focal which uses 316L Stainless Steel for its fabrication. It is further enhanced using 6 STEEL technology to give the case a rating of 1300Hv on the Vickers scale. The case is also scratch resistant which is suitable for light accidentally knocks. The bezel is also constructed using the same method as the case.

The Dievas Focal has a rating of 500m water resistance which is generally beyond recreational depth of ~60m. The bezel is uni-directional as per most diving watches, the saw-tooth edge enables a diver to grip (even with dive gloves) to rotate the bezel underwater. I found rotating the bezel is abit ‘stiff’ other than that it gives a 60 clicks for a complete rotation. I will like to take this watch the next time I go diving.

The Dievas Focal uses a base ETA 2824-2 was its heartbeat. This means it is operating with 28,000 bhp. Most watch technicians will be able to work on this movement. However, I would still recommend the owners of the watch to go back to the shop to get it down so that it can pressure test to work at minimum 500m underwater. As with most dive watches, there is also crown guard to protect the crown.

The Dievas Focal dial is simple and easy to read time. However, I find it hard to tell the time when I rotate the bezel to do a countdown. I have slight difficulty in deciding if I want to read the inner dial markers or the bezel markers for the minute hand. There is a dive extension of the buckle which caters for dry suit diving as well.

The date is located at 6 o’clock position. The words and markers are distinct and clear. The crown is located at 8 o’clock so it can be easily adjust when worn on right hand. The Dievas Focal also has a helium valve that works on the same principle of the Rolex Sea Dweller and Deep Sea Sea Dweller.

The watch comes with a ‘pelican’ style case which houses extra water proof leather strap and a watch tool to allow users to change its rubber strap to leather strap. However, I like the rubber strap more. The buckle comes with a ‘dive extension’ as well to enable divers who wears thicker suits or dry suits. I am not sure to store the case as it is taking up too much space.

This is a probably one of the tool watch that one can wear for normal day to day and a great tool watch for divers.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

lastly a wrist shot

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
    2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Nice watch!
      You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

Thanks for sharing
        You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

This watch definitely suits you for your robust wrist size. A pity I will not be suitable for it.

How much does it cost and how much did you pay for it, btw?
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

u very smart hor...use tactical words. haha. if feilong108 can wear 50mm watch with his small wrist, why can't your wrist fit this watch?

the listed price is USD1280. i did not buy the watch. i just did a review as i found this watch interesting.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            This watch definitely suits you for your robust wrist size. A pity I will not be suitable for it.

How much does it cost and how much did you pay for it, btw?

kindly email with
            2. your nick

Comment

Bro feilong108, though slim, looks manly. He may be able to carry a large & thick watch much better but I've not seen him on a 50mm case watch so far. I saw this watch displayed in a showcase at marina square (some roadshow or something?) and no one was tending to it. I could only admire it from a distance. It looks thick but don't know if it feels thick or not. But it sure looks handsome-fit on your wrist ..
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Bro ocean who dare to say. U not manly kekeke
                You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

Thanks for the great report. The Pelican case as the watch box is a really cool touch.

Comment

nice watch.

can do without the inner minute numbers.

also a little too big for skinny wrist folks like me.

really love the specs. good competitor for U1
                    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Saw these at bras basah when I m buying pen refill.

Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Focal is a nice watch.

handle 1 piece recently & to my surprise, it wears fine on my 6" wrist although the lug to lug is around 54mm

Comment

Originally posted by lunarin79 View Post
                          Focal is a nice watch.

handle 1 piece recently & to my surprise, it wears fine on my 6" wrist although the lug to lug is around 54mm

The vortex next to the focal looks quite nice as well

Comment

sharing a new strap on my dievas

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

bro,

what strap is that and where did you get it? Think this will go well with my shadow.
                              I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                              http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X