Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visit to Sinn Factory, committed my first Sinn..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit to Sinn Factory, committed my first Sinn..

Hello everyone,
    iam new to this forum but have been reading posts from the experts here and learned quite a few things.

Just came back from frankfurt and wanna share my little experience on a visit to the Sinn Factory.

Its located in a quite neighbourhood near a stadium and they occupied 3 houses 5-7 in Im Fuldchen.

Showroom is on the second floor and thats the highest i could go. i requested to see some watchmakers in action but was politely turned down.

Anyway, i had wanted to get the 757 UTC but it was out of stock, i placed my order and was told NOV is the earliest. i then set my eyes on the U2s...it didn't look as "wow" in real life as compared to the pics, i felt a little disappointed. Then again its also out of stock and the waiting list is even longer! Next comes the U1000s, feels heavy and thick (18mm), beautiful watch but too expensive for a Sinn i feel.

Then out of nowhere a female staff walks in and her watch immediately caught my eye. It was a U2 and it looks great on the wrist. I compare the U2 and U2s again and in my most humble opinion, i feel that its the lack of contrast that the U2s did not stand out as much, i dun know what they do to the pics but it sure looks fantastic, but not in real life sadly.

So i took the plunge and got the U2 on rubber, its not the one i came looking for but iam sure i'll grow to love it more...

Overall it was a nice trip to the factory,will be posting more pics soon.

Thanks for viewing.
    Last edited by zerodegree; 24-12-08, 02:15 PM.

Visit to Sinn Factory part 2

Hi again,

more pics to share...
    Last edited by zerodegree; 24-12-08, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Good . Thanks for sharing .
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by zerodegree View Post
        Hello everyone,
        iam new to this forum but have been reading posts from the experts here and learned quite a few things.

Just came back from frankfurt and wanna share my little experience on a visit to the Sinn Factory.

Its located in a quite neighbourhood near a stadium and they occupied 3 houses 5-7 in Im Fuldchen.

Showroom is on the second floor and thats the highest i could go. i requested to see some watchmakers in action but was politely turned down.

Anyway, i had wanted to get the 757 UTC but it was out of stock, i placed my order and was told NOV is the earliest. i then set my eyes on the U2s...it didn't look as "wow" in real life as compared to the pics, i felt a little disappointed. Then again its also out of stock and the waiting list is even longer! Next comes the U1000s, feels heavy and thick (18mm), beautiful watch but too expensive for a Sinn i feel.

Then out of nowhere a female staff walks in and her watch immediately caught my eye. It was a U2 and it looks great on the wrist. I compare the U2 and U2s again and in my most humble opinion, i feel that its the lack of contrast that the U2s did not stand out as much, i dun know what they do to the pics but it sure looks fantastic, but not in real life sadly.

So i took the plunge and got the U2 on rubber, its not the one i came looking for but iam sure i'll grow to love it more...

Overall it was a nice trip to the factory,will be posting more pics soon.

Thanks for viewing.

hi bro, can check with you on how much are they selling the U1 on rubber strap???

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by daveevan View Post
          hi bro, can check with you on how much are they selling the U1 on rubber strap???

TIA

Hi Bro,

U1 on rubber at 990 euros.

Comment

Hi Bro,

U1 on rubber at 990 euros.
            thanks bro , seems like not much saving as compare to local price at THG

Comment

Originally posted by daveevan View Post
              thanks bro , seems like not much saving as compare to local price at THG

How much is THG selling? do they have stock? seems like they are always out of stock

Comment

welcome to the forum mate! Hope you enjoy yr stay here!

Thanks for sharing with us your trip to Sinn City haha. Share more pics of the place.

Yes called THG today and they are out of U1

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                - GMT II
                - GMT IIc TT
                - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                - U1
                - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the run down on your visit. Nice watch you got there.

Comment

How much is THG selling? do they have stock? seems like they are always out of stock
                    if i don't remember wrongly, it is $2300 after discount ( 2 to 3 months ago ).

Comment

Hi, I'm new here. If you buy watch in Europe you can get VAT ( similar GST )
                      price of watch there much cheaper compare with singapore.
                      I'm owner of U1 myself, awesome watch.
                      AP Vulcano 42mm
                      AP Rubberclad 42mm
                      PAM Chrono 1000 ( 187 ) 47mm
                      PAM Power Reserve ( 090 D ) 44mm
                      PAM GMT ( 297 L ) 44mm
                      PAM Radiomir GMT ( 184 H ) 42mm
                      IWC Aquatimer Titanium split min 42 mm
                      Sinn U1 44mm ( 1000m )
                      Rolex Daytona WG 116519 40mm
                      Rolex GMT 16700 40mm
                      Rolex Oyster stainless 1501 34mm