Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All branded Swiss watches experiencing price increase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All branded Swiss watches experiencing price increase?

Wonder if this is a mere marketing spin from sales people.

Went to a local AD and bought the Breitling Airwolf Raven.

And was told "Get it now as Breitling watches will up by 12% end of July..."

Wonder if there's any truth to what they say.

First, it was Rolex, now Breitling...

Don't think it's a marketing ploy. Usually these brands follow one after another. As much as I know for the past few months, there were ROLEX, Omega, Cartier, Tag Heuer - all got their prices increased! I think this also affected some of the German watch brands like Steinhart?
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      I think this also affected some of the German watch brands like Steinhart?
      I think so...
      Whenever i pop to the steinhartwatches.de main site, i just couldn't help looking at the price of the new aviation chrono against the DLC 47mm chrono... a big EU55 diff.? What kind of material is this new watch made of? Same movement ley... except different design only...
      The latest titanium colored flier 3 pointers, priced more than the rose gold by EU50 ???

If i reckon correctly, i was told by one of the retailer whom i frequent, that the price of the swiss watches are driven by the low exchange rate of USD/EUD against SGD. That numbers are AD are charging higher retail price for "cushioning" purpose just in case when the foreign dollars rise back again in later days which may become an interest turn-off factor by potential buyers.

Watches are luxury "jewelleries". Food stuffs are food stuffs.

Comment

Alas, while I don't disagree with you folks, I can't help wondering whatever happens to 'protecting consumers' interest'?

Mid year, price goes up...

Year end Christmas, price goes up...

Chinese New Year, price goes up...

I remember getting the Navitimer moons back at only 2k plus...

Comment

I, too, can't fathom why the 'perpetual' price increase year-in-year-out but seriously, you don't have to agree. You just have to live with it
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by allycopter View Post
            Alas, while I don't disagree with you folks, I can't help wondering whatever happens to 'protecting consumers' interest'?

Mid year, price goes up...

Year end Christmas, price goes up...

Chinese New Year, price goes up...

I remember getting the Navitimer moons back at only 2k plus...
            Protecting consumers' interest in luxury watches? You should have voiced out during the General Election...
            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

So far..i have not seen any swiss brands or even watch brands that have not increase their retail prices in the past 12 months....even micro brands and boutique brands increase their prices with new models launch.....
              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Amen!! This poison of watch collection way too intravenous. Ex also buy lah...

This hobby has a huge differentiation vs my others ( RC helis, RC planes, Stamps collection). All can bluff wife abt the price, not this one.

Comment

Yeah!!!expensive hobby..watches...have to always find some kind of way to find the moolah for new poisons...

So far, i try to curb the itch by buying straps....much cheaper than buying watches even pre-loved ones...

Quite amazed at the way a simple strap can change the outlook of the watch!!
                  Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

My family of 3

An addition to my family of 2....my new Breitling Airwolf Raven.

Full of military techno macho bs...but I'm loving every bits of it.

Comment

Nice watches you've got. Tx for sharing
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

And here're more

http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/69902-...ase-01-09-2011
                        http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/70319-JLC-price-increase
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

And thanks for sharing.

It's an epidemic, this is worse than alien invasion in the battle of LA

Comment

Okie... THIS IS THE LATEST- ON SANDOZ.
                            (yeah... i know that this is the breitling section, some more nobody might be interested...)

I have been told yesterday by the shop owner where i frequent, with effect from 1st NOVEMBER, all the divers range will have price increase of SGD$40 = USD$30.
                            So i FHFL "chope" a piece each of the "submariner" and "yatchmaster".

FYI, Mustafa selling a regular submariner with SS bracelet @ $365, "yatchmaster" with dual tone bezel, dual tone bracelet, MOP dial @ $475. So it's up to you guys to calculate how big is theprice increase.

Comment

sub at $365?really?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X