Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 1

Hi,

I got this watch recently from a forum brother and i'm starting to loved it very much. This is a limited (well, limited to 6000 pieces) edition, and comes with the wooden box (similiar to what u get for the grand carrera watch), both rubber and aligator strap with folding clasp (more about that later)

I could not find much photo of this in watch forums so i'll contribute by posting some photos here.

Front view - the watch is 43mm in size, but it does not feel not bulky because the height is only ard 11 mm. Friends commented the watch is bling, probably due to the material used for the markers and hands, and the polished case. The sapphire glass is double coated so at certain angle the reflection is purple in color.

The second hand is at 6 o'clock, and it is not the usual full circle second hand display. Its creative, but I wouldnt mind having a smaller full circle too. It could be due to the movement, the second hand does not flow smoothly, but jumps a little.

At the back, you will see the beautiful movement. And it is manual, so you need to wound it regularly to get it going. It looks like a unitas movement which you can find in a cheap watch (eg steinhert) , and in an expensive watch like panerai.

The leather strap is very soft and comfy. But the rubber strap is a little stiff at the lug area. It does not feel very comfortable, but it may be due to my small wrist size.

I'm also disappointed with the quality of the clasp, not structurally, but that the Tag Heuer logo actually fell off. I am surprised a $300 clasp (just the clasp alone cost 300 i was told) has a logo that was glued on! And it had dropped off.

Still, i'm loving this watch and for the price that i paid pre-own, i'm willing to overlook that flaw. Straps can be easily replace, after all.

Thanks for reading.
    [COLOR="Red"]
    [/COLOR]

Wow, congrats! So you bought this one from a fellow bro here. Very nice watch.

I remember you were selling your blue Calibre 12 Monaco sometime back... and more recently the Timewalker chrono?

You have good taste!

The movement here is indeed a modified UNITAS 6498. But this one has very nice decoration. Good stuff. Wear it in good health!

Comment

Thank you Bro PJBerri.

You are very observant i did sold off the Monaco (which i kind of regretted, but the more recent Monaco Carbon Fibre Edition
      is very nice so if there is a piece in bns....) and the timewalker (it didnt sing to me).

btw, some pics of the carbon dial monaco:

http://www.calibre11.com/tag-heuer-monaco-carbon-fibre/
      [COLOR="Red"]
      [/COLOR]

Comment

The blue Calibre 12 is very nice. I regretted not buying from you.

New owner is a lucky person.

Comment

Hi, I am looking at the same model frm Athena. Wondering how much u bought it?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X