Zenith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zenith

I was looking around at Sincere Ngee Ann City over the weekend. Wanted to check out IWC Portugese and Da Vinci...
    However the piece which takes my breath away was Zenith Striking 10 and the copper captain chronograph

http://un1.watchprosite.com/?page=ph...8&s=0&size=raw
    I have always known as a movement maker, i am surprise there is not many people who are into Zenith here in Singapore..

So Gentleman, whats your take on Zenith watches?
    Itchy for:
    Pam 351

First Team Players:
    Zenith Chronomaster power reserve
    Bvlgari Octo
    IWC 3777-01
    Rollie 116610LN

SuperSubs:
    Omega Speedmaster Olympic Edition
    Blumo

Once was Itching for them:
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer
    Pam 111
    Omega Aqua Terra Chronograph

erm ... problematic
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Good brand that makes some of the nicest dress/chronograph/complication watches with excellent in-house movements.

But for some reason it is not very popular and hence the resale vaule is bad.
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Nice brand with great n long history in watchmaking....

Love their watches...hehehe....but as for resale value..really good bargains for pre-loved pieces.....
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Good movement (even Rolex use them at some point!)...confirmed.

Design...more classic than avant garde.

Price....reasonable for the movement they make.

Resale Value...this is tricky and can be totally independent of factors like moevemnt or material!

Comment

I'd think it a brand that has yet to fulfil its full potential. They might have taken a step back with their 'love it or hate it' design stance during the Thiery Nataf reign but it appears now that LVMH have began to get their act back together with this brand. Still, I sometimes wonder why Zenith has taken a back seat to Hublot in the LVMH pecking order? Zenith has a more storied history and resounding respect as a movement maker. No offence to Hublot fans of course.
            Sweet 16:
            PP Aquanaut
            VC Overseas
            AP ROO Black Themes
            A.Lange & Sohne 1815
            Breguet Type XXI
            Blancpain 50 Fathoms
            JLC Navy Seals
            GO Senator 60s
            GP Laureato
            Zenith Pilot Extra Special
            Rolex DSSD
            IWC Big Pilot
            Pam 112
            Omega Ploprof
            Breitling Super Avenger
            Glycine F104

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
              I'd think it a brand that has yet to fulfil its full potential. They might have taken a step back with their 'love it or hate it' design stance during the Thiery Nataf reign but it appears now that LVMH have began to get their act back together with this brand. Still, I sometimes wonder why Zenith has taken a back seat to Hublot in the LVMH pecking order? Zenith has a more storied history and resounding respect as a movement maker. No offence to Hublot fans of course.
              Appeal...

LVMH is trying to turn Hublot into their AP ROO which is appealing to the young executive clientelle. They probably figure that if AP can sell the ROO that well year after year by changing material and colour, they can do the same with Hublot too. That seems to be the cash cow segment.

For Zenith, it belongs more to the classic appeal where it stands against the many giants.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                Appeal...

LVMH is trying to turn Hublot into their AP ROO which is appealing to the young executive clientelle. They probably figure that if AP can sell the ROO that well year after year by changing material and colour, they can do the same with Hublot too. That seems to be the cash cow segment.

For Zenith, it belongs more to the classic appeal where it stands against the many giants.
                Agreed Bro KKC,
                But this could be a mistake on LVMH's part. The list price difference of a Hublot Big Bang and AP ROO is marginal, so most of their learned target clientele will still gun for the AP ROO; their cash cow ought to be an established brand like Zenith that is reliable and respected. But then again, what do I know eh?

Hehe, as an aside, if I could get 5 more good pieces to include in my collection, they'd be a G.O Senator 60s, JLC Master Compressor or Master Control, Zenith Striking Ten or Ultra Slim, G.P Seahawk and a U.N...if the wife doesn't decide to kill me first!
                Sweet 16:
                PP Aquanaut
                VC Overseas
                AP ROO Black Themes
                A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                Breguet Type XXI
                Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                JLC Navy Seals
                GO Senator 60s
                GP Laureato
                Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                Rolex DSSD
                IWC Big Pilot
                Pam 112
                Omega Ploprof
                Breitling Super Avenger
                Glycine F104

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                  Agreed Bro KKC,
                  But this could be a mistake on LVMH's part. The list price difference of a Hublot Big Bang and AP ROO is marginal, so most of their learned target clientele will still gun for the AP ROO; their cash cow ought to be an established brand like Zenith that is reliable and respected. But then again, what do I know eh?

Hehe, as an aside, if I could get 5 more good pieces to include in my collection, they'd be a G.O Senator 60s, JLC Master Compressor or Master Control, Zenith Striking Ten or Ultra Slim, G.P Seahawk and a U.N...if the wife doesn't decide to kill me first!
                  These are watches will good movements....so you are clearly not going to buy into the hublot or even ROO temptation.
                  I especially like the movements and designs of Lange (GO is near too) and JLC. These 2 maybe on my target list as long as I am not distracted with yet another vintage rolex. I enjoy the crisp movements of my patek and FPJ. Zenith in a Daytona is best of both worlds for me.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                    Appeal...

No offence to AP ROO luvers, but juz curious if AP ROO is appealing to the young executives, how come the resales value for them are not high in demands?

Comment

Depends how one defines "executives", a "yong executive" may not be able to affort a AP ROO. Even old executive like me cannot affort one

And the resale vaule of AP is far better than Hublot, in terms of lower depreciation. I feel there are currently too many AP ROO out there in the grey and preowned market exceeding the demand, due to its affortability. Just my own observation and not necessary correct.
                      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                        Depends how one defines "executives", a "yong executive" may not be able to affort a AP ROO. Even old executive like me cannot affort one

And the resale vaule of AP is far better than Hublot, in terms of lower depreciation. I feel there are currently too many AP ROO out there in the grey and preowned market exceeding the demand, due to its affortability. Just my own observation and not necessary correct.
                        Young executive is just a loose generic terms...just like people say BMW drivers are most popular with young executives.

I agree that there are too many AP ROO floating around in the grey market...so is Pam, Rolex and IWC and some other brands. A little of a buyers market at the moment.

But, resale value may not be affected much as long as demand is there. There may be 1 FPJ in the market but that may not sell in a month. Alternatively, there may be 100 ROO put up for sale but many sold in a week.

Comment

Gd Brand, Gd History... but yeah new piece is like ouch!
                          very very low resale value... willing to open negotiations at 30%...

Guess have to wait an wait for some preown ones

AP Roo Vs Hublot, IMHO: AP ROO definetely.
                          But really, there seems to be more and more AP Roos around....

LVMH seems to be pushing Zenith and Hublot up in Mainland china, nothing special for South Asia
                          Itchy for:
                          Pam 351

First Team Players:
                          Zenith Chronomaster power reserve
                          Bvlgari Octo
                          IWC 3777-01
                          Rollie 116610LN

SuperSubs:
                          Omega Speedmaster Olympic Edition
                          Blumo

Once was Itching for them:
                          Tag Heuer Aquaracer