Nomos Tangomat GMT vs Tudor Advisor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nomos Tangomat GMT vs Tudor Advisor

In my hunt of a round white-dial dress watch, these two new models announced during the SIHH/Baselworld 2011 caught my eyes.

Which one of these two will you buy, assuming the Advisor will be priced S$1K-S$2K higher than the Tangomat GMT?

The Tangomat is 40mm and the Advisor 42mm.

Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Tudor gets my vote!
    Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

The Nomos Tangomat GMT! You are 'killing' me already ..

Pls tell me this watch costs more than 5K ..
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

is the case thicker for tudor compared to nomos?

for me, i can wear thin case watch.

as the tudor advisor is a alarm watch, how audible is the alarm?

both watch functions are different.

tudor is an alarm watch. nomos is a GMT watch.

which feature attract you more? which feature are you in need when travel?

i think if you got the answer for some of the questions asked. it will help you make a decision.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

But seriously, I got a little headache looking at the tudor for a while ..
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

For me, i prefer dress watches to be 38mm to 40mm due to my tiny wrist....

Flat,small,3 hands max and silver dial....for me...for a dress watch..hehehe...personal view nia
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

for a dress watch, Tangomat feels too "modern" to me.
              Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                The Nomos Tangomat GMT! You are 'killing' me already ..

Pls tell me this watch costs more than 5K ..
                Hahaha!

The Tangomat GMT is available for pre-order at Euro 2960, which is slightly above S$5k. Should be out in the market anytime soon this or next month. My guess is that it could be available for S$4k+ from the grey market here, if it is available at all. I am hoping JW will bring in a few pieces. Else HK is a good place to get this brand. It was not out in HK yet when I checked with an AD there 3 weeks ago.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                But seriously, I got a little headache looking at the tudor for a while ..
                Yes, I do find the dial of the Advisor a little too busy.

Comment

Phew! This, at least, will put my mind at ease. Expensive for me already.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    is the case thicker for tudor compared to nomos?

for me, i can wear thin case watch.

as the tudor advisor is a alarm watch, how audible is the alarm?

both watch functions are different.

tudor is an alarm watch. nomos is a GMT watch.

which feature attract you more? which feature are you in need when travel?

i think if you got the answer for some of the questions asked. it will help you make a decision.
                    I am not sure about the thinkness of the Advisor, but it will use a "swiss movement" (almost certainly ETA I guess) with a Tudor alarm module so should be thicker than the Tangomat GMT.

GMT is useful to me in my daily works but not the alarm, so I am leaning towards the Tangomat GMT especially when it comes with a in-house movement that can be appreciated from the see-thru case back, and, with a lower price.

Which one will you choose triton?

Comment

Originally posted by MsLucifer View Post
                      for a dress watch, Tangomat feels too "modern" to me.
                      Surprise to hear this from a modern lady Haven't met you before but get such impression from the things you sell and from hear-say, haha!

Comment

as mentioned, you already got an answer.

as mentioned, thickness is one of the consideration. if i have to choose, my vote goes for tudor between the 2. im not a nomos fan, for ~5k to pay for a dress watch GMT, top up slightly more, you may get a rolex GMT. if the cost of tudor is slightly higher and the alarm is audible like those JLC, i would say value for money.

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                        I am not sure about the thinkness of the Advisor, but it will use a "swiss movement" (almost certainly ETA I guess) with a Tudor alarm module so should be thicker than the Tangomat GMT.

GMT is useful to me in my daily works but not the alarm, so I am leaning towards the Tangomat GMT especially when it comes with a in-house movement that can be appreciated from the see-thru case back, and, with a lower price.

Which one will you choose triton?
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                          For me, i prefer dress watches to be 38mm to 40mm due to my tiny wrist....

Flat,small,3 hands max and silver dial....for me...for a dress watch..hehehe...personal view nia
                          Agree with you that the ideal size of a dress watch is 38mm to 40mm unless one have a big wrist.

There are many "cross-over dress watch" like some of the IWC models, which imo are not the true/traditional dress watch. Or maybe you and I are a bit behind time liao...

Comment

Hahahaha..true...hence my watches are old fashioned...hahahaha....Age is certainly catching up with me real fast....

For me...ideal dress watch is JLC reverso,Chopard LUC series, IWC moonphase and JLC MUT...hehehehehe...but as usual lar....can dream of them only...hahaha.....

Hope you get your new watch soon eh!
                            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                              as mentioned, you already got an answer.

as mentioned, thickness is one of the consideration. if i have to choose, my vote goes for tudor between the 2. im not a nomos fan, for ~5k to pay for a dress watch GMT, top up slightly more, you may get a rolex GMT. if the cost of tudor is slightly higher and the alarm is audible like those JLC, i would say value for money.
                              Hmm...think have to wait till the local prices are out and to see the real things. Thanks!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X