Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls help me find a klassik watch

Hi,

I am intending to find myself a klassik-look, leather-strap watch which need not be expensive. Something elegant and not too big/robust. A little tinge of vintage is good. May be in silver/white dial or a bit of rose gold here and there. I have narrowed down to a few affordable brands that have some such 'qualities' like :

- Seiko
    - Hamilton
    - Raymond Weil
    - Frederique Constant

Problem is, I can't make up my mind as I am also trying very hard to save up for more ROLEX watches but the ever-increasing prices have rendered me the impossibility of attaining any soon. I am open to any suggestion (not 'poison') so feel free to advise.

Tx
    The Crown Of Achievement

would u consider a Tissot Visodate?

Comment

Sorry, I don't have any models to recommend. But I do feel Frederique Constant is worth buying. Some of the models are great build. If it's within your budget, get this brand as it's better quality than all other 3 brands, and it's "Swiss Made"'

Comment

How about Maurice Lacroix? It's making quite a big wave this year.

Comment

Nomos Fan here....
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Out of those four brand i will choose FC. Another suggestion is Tissot Le Locle, picture below.

http://www.tissot.ch/?mod_collection...QxXzVfNDIzXzUz

Comment

Originally posted by simple2kie View Post
              would u consider a Tissot Visodate?
              Yes I did and that was the very first that caught my eye when I was out hunting for a less expensive klassik watch. But when I tried it on, I didn't feel impress.

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
              How about Maurice Lacroix? It's making quite a big wave this year.
              Any specific model, sir?

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
              Nomos Fan here....
              I like that too but a little expensive I guess? Saw few pieces at JW and some that I like hovers around 3K+.

Originally posted by crazybay View Post
              Out of those four brand i will choose FC. Another suggestion is Tissot Le Locle, picture below.

http://www.tissot.ch/?mod_collection...QxXzVfNDIzXzUz
              Yes, have seen those. Prefer the heritage collection and I think they are more expensive? Haven't really check them out though.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I'd seriously consider either the Masterpiece or Pontos editions.
                For the classic look, probably anyone of the Masterpiece Retrogrades.

Good luck in your hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  - Seiko
                  - Hamilton
                  - Raymond Weil
                  - Frederique Constant
                  do you have a budget in mind? is 36mm ok?

FC is nice, and they now have their own movement but those pieces are priced accordingly. they remind me of breguet... which for some people is a bad thing.

hamilton is more popular in singapore than tissot as it has a stronger advertising presence locally despite both being in the same swatch tier. i actually prefer tissot over hamilton due to their heritage but both brands use essentially the same movements so to me they are the same thing these days.

raymond weil... big presence in india and china but not my cup of tea because of that.

i love seiko, but the range is too wide and you did not state a budget. going vintage is value-for-money proposition for nice classic watches with unusual movements.

i think going for an unusual vintage seiko is difficult to beat (pun intended)... especially the old high beat models and/or the vintage KS range - unfortunately most are in the 36mm range and non WR.

if you are buying to keep, i think you should consider longines also - they are now filling the gap left by omega and the prices and positioning can only go up as omega had.

nomos, as someone has chimed in, makes awesome watches but you may/may not like their design and size. i'm not sure if swatch's union glashutte is a worthy competitor for nomos but i would pick nomos over UG even though servicing might be an issue.

don't forget orient and citizen, the former makes very nice dress watches.

also, remember that gold plating will wear off over time... but first... a budget!
                  “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

How about tis?

Comes with bracelet but on strap now.

Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

the discontinued SEIKO SARB031 (no idea where can find one) or SARB030 (last piece at special price available from Seiya) think Big Times @ Takashimaya also have one

Comment

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
                        I'd seriously consider either the Masterpiece or Pontos editions.
                        For the classic look, probably anyone of the Masterpiece Retrogrades.

Good luck in your hunt!
                        Yes they do look nice but it seems that the watches are a little 'big' or should I say 'thick' for a klassik watch. Saw few pieces at Precious Time, Chinatown, days back. Some rectangular models are going at 50% off.

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                        do you have a budget in mind? is 36mm ok?

FC is nice, and they now have their own movement but those pieces are priced accordingly. they remind me of breguet... which for some people is a bad thing.

hamilton is more popular in singapore than tissot as it has a stronger advertising presence locally despite both being in the same swatch tier. i actually prefer tissot over hamilton due to their heritage but both brands use essentially the same movements so to me they are the same thing these days.

raymond weil... big presence in india and china but not my cup of tea because of that.

i love seiko, but the range is too wide and you did not state a budget. going vintage is value-for-money proposition for nice classic watches with unusual movements.

i think going for an unusual vintage seiko is difficult to beat (pun intended)... especially the old high beat models and/or the vintage KS range - unfortunately most are in the 36mm range and non WR.

if you are buying to keep, i think you should consider longines also - they are now filling the gap left by omega and the prices and positioning can only go up as omega had.

nomos, as someone has chimed in, makes awesome watches but you may/may not like their design and size. i'm not sure if swatch's union glashutte is a worthy competitor for nomos but i would pick nomos over UG even though servicing might be an issue.

don't forget orient and citizen, the former makes very nice dress watches.

also, remember that gold plating will wear off over time... but first... a budget!
                        Tx for your insights. I do not mind it being 36mm because it is a klassik watch. As for gold plating, I was told that anything that is 10 microns and above will not see it wear off easily? Maybe you can share more of that?

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                        How about tis?

Comes with bracelet but on strap now.

Your watches are always so nice one le ..

Originally posted by WatchAdmirer View Post
                        the discontinued SEIKO SARB031 (no idea where can find one) or SARB030 (last piece at special price available from Seiya) think Big Times @ Takashimaya also have one
                        I have the SARB031 already. If you want one, a member (LEXONG) here is selling a SARB027 pre-owned piece in full set (bracelet version of the SARB031). Tx for sharing though.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i saw a maurice lacroix regulateur going for about 2k in the garage section.
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

hahaha .. just as I've expected, you are likely to point me to it .. saw that already but not too sure if I really like it since I've no chance to 'touch & feel' it.
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Narrowed down to these

Tissot Visodate
                              Hamilton Jazzmaster Slim Petite Seconde
                              Raymond Weil Maestro Black Roman Numerals
                              Frederique Constant Classics Gold
                              Frederique Constant Classics SS

Tx for feedback
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop