Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple Watch

Hi All,

Planning to get a "couple watch'(male and female) to reward myself for the last one year for having no life, and reward my wife for her supporting understanding.

Have a budget of $7K - $8k for 2 pieces, if possible hope to have the following bonus (but not compulsory)
    - not much depreciation in resale value
    - can pass down to children

Thinking to get either Tag Carrera or Omega Constella. Any other recommendations?

Also, where is the best place to get a good deal (not necessary to be the best deal just to save that $50-$100) ?

Thinking to get it from DFS, since we travelled quite a lot in AsiaPac.

Thanks for any kind replies.

Nit

Hey...bro...

Well if you were to ask me...Tag Heuer arent really good for passing down and the depreciation is crazy.

I would recommend Rolex,can pass down and doesnt depreciate much in value,over time it even appreciates in value.

PRobably you should save abit more...and spend alittle more on your watches,which mean about twice your current budget. Believe me,you will not regret

Alternatively,you can get 2 preowned watches if you don't mind preowned. For a preowned Datejust with diamond dial it costs about 5k+

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      Hey...bro...

Well if you were to ask me...Tag Heuer arent really good for passing down and the depreciation is crazy.

I would recommend Rolex,can pass down and doesnt depreciate much in value,over time it even appreciates in value.

PRobably you should save abit more...and spend alittle more on your watches,which mean about twice your current budget. Believe me,you will not regret

Alternatively,you can get 2 preowned watches if you don't mind preowned. For a preowned Datejust with diamond dial it costs about 5k+
      Dark,

Thanks for your kind reply. Will give Rollie a serious thought. What is the basic entry $ for a Rollie?

As for Omega, does it depreciates much? and is it good for passing down?

Cheers
      Nit

Comment

nit,

they may not hold much value but are definitely one of the best looking couple design - Cartier Santos 100

basic stainless steel model will set u back $11k plus

Comment

Suggest Yatchmaster I for the both of you, men's size for you and mid-sized for your wifey. However, I recommend getting pre-owned if you don't mind (will set you back by about S$14k for 2 pieces). But make sure they come complete with box and papers.
          "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
          --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

omega, breitling, tag heuer will suit your budget. however they do not have much retaining value. so if you pass to the next generation, it may not have much value.

if you want to retain value, panerai is currently the way to go. the depreciation is lesser compared to rolex.

for a couple watch, you may consider the DJ models, the sports models - explorer I for your wife and explorer II for yourself. however, they will exceed your current budget. however models have less depreciation value compared to DJ models.

for DJ models, i will let the experts here advise you. for explorer II, you can get it from PI(parallel importers) in the region of 6.3k-6.6k. the explorer I will set u back about 5k. the pricing are based on BNIB.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              omega, breitling, tag heuer will suit your budget. however they do not have much retaining value. so if you pass to the next generation, it may not have much value.

if you want to retain value, panerai is currently the way to go. the depreciation is lesser compared to rolex.

for a couple watch, you may consider the DJ models, the sports models - explorer I for your wife and explorer II for yourself. however, they will exceed your current budget. however models have less depreciation value compared to DJ models.

for DJ models, i will let the experts here advise you. for explorer II, you can get it from PI(parallel importers) in the region of 6.3k-6.6k. the explorer I will set u back about 5k. the pricing are based on BNIB.
              Mate,

What is meant by DJ models? and BNIB? Pardon me pls, newbie here.

Was casually asking my wife which brands she likes, she said "Omega". Considering to spend so much $$, torn right now buying something we will like or buying something more practical (can hold value).

I quite like Carrera models.

Hmn, really need to serious thoughts.

Also considering i dont wear watches except on formal occasions (dressings up), most of time using poor man watches viz handphone, or the Windows Clock on the bottom right hand corner of the screen

Thanks to the rest for giving me so many good advices. KiamSia

Cheers
              Nit
              Last edited by nitrodrops; 15-09-08, 07:35 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=nitrodrops;87799]Mate,

What is meant by DJ models? and BNIB? Pardon me pls, newbie here.

DJ = Datejust models, BNIB = Brand new in box

IMO datejust are a good couple watch. Just an opinion Haha

Comment

Actually, I'd say go with your heart. If your wifey likes Omega, you can get the Omega Constellation or Seamaster couple watches and I think they kinda fit the budget you're working on. Furthermore, as you've mentioned, you do not wear watches often, so I guess the Constellation/Seamaster being a gent's dress watch will suffice for formal events. My 2 cents.
                  Last edited by Destro22BT; 15-09-08, 08:32 PM.
                  --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
                    Actually, I'd say go with your heart. If your wifey likes Omega, you can get the Omega Constellation or Seamaster couple watches and I think they kinda fit the budget you're working on. Furthermore, as you've mentioned, you do not wear watches often, so I guess the Constellation/Seamaster being a gent's dress watch will suffice for formal events. My 2 cents.

Kiamsia to all the kind watch experts for all the advices.

BTW, where is the best place for me to get a good deal (not necessary the best deal just to save that $50 to travel an hour) to buy either Tag or Omega?

Does these 2 brands hold any specials sales? say Great Sgp Sale in August?

Will let my wife choose something that she likes, mine will match her. To reward her for her understanding and encouragement for the last one year.

Cheers
                    Nit

Comment

Best place for good deal?

Try our Garage Sales Thread !
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Try the ADs, discount is pretty standard and regulated. Sincere Watches, THG, Cortina, Watches of Switzerland all carry both Omega and Tag Heuer. And nope, no sale during the great singapore sale. The only promotion worth looking out for is if u've got DBS American Express Black. They used to have this promotion on Fridays (u'll have to check the straits times) for 10% cash rebates (capped at $5k max) at Takashimaya.
                        --Groucho Marx--

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
                          Try the ADs, discount is pretty standard and regulated. Sincere Watches, THG, Cortina, Watches of Switzerland all carry both Omega and Tag Heuer. And nope, no sale during the great singapore sale. The only promotion worth looking out for is if u've got DBS American Express Black. They used to have this promotion on Fridays (u'll have to check the straits times) for 10% cash rebates (capped at $5k max) at Takashimaya.

Mate, you are awesome, thanks for sharing this 10% cash rebates.

One dumb qns from newbie, what do you mean by "ADs"?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                            Try our Garage Sales Thread !

I tried looking for the Garage Sales thread, have it been renamed to something else? cant find any Garage Sales section.

Comment

Bro Nitrodrops, it's the 'Singapore Watch Trading Forum' section, previously known as Garage Sales Thread.

As for the 10% rebate thingy, I've not seen the promo for a while arleady, so it might've already been abolished after all.

AD - Authorised Dealer
                              --Groucho Marx--

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X