Graham vs U-boat vs Nubeo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graham vs U-boat vs Nubeo

Any exp bros can help with some possibilities and advice (and price?)

Graham Oversized Commander
    U-boat Thousands of Feet - CAB3
    Nubeo Doppel Chronograph

Thank u all!

Originally posted by MCK88 View Post
    Any exp bros can help with some possibilities and advice (and price?)

Graham Oversized Commander
    U-boat Thousands of Feet - CAB3
    Nubeo Doppel Chronograph

Thank u all!
    same problem i faced when i was contemplating to get a watch earlier part of this year.

i would go for Graham because of its history and movements. demand for U-boat is picking up. Nubeo is an interesting watch and will certainly draw attention but it's all rubber so i'm not sure of its durability and whether the colour will turn dull over time.

resale value wise: Graham followed by Nubeo then U-boat.

i can't remember the exact prices of each watch...sorry!

cheers
    Last edited by wolfeyes1974; 09-09-08, 07:11 PM.
    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
    Audemars Piguet ROO
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
    Panerai 270
    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
    Rolex 116610LV
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Of course u cant remember la. Keep buying mah
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Actually OceanKlass, Bro. wolfy has too many prices on his mind liao cos he has too many temptations. His nick says it all.
        the Trails and the Ocean !

Comment

Thanks brudders!

Within these category of watches... and price brackets... are there any other brands that might be up-and-coming... how abt the concord recent models (other than the tourbillon)...?

My preference is for sporty / solid (can withstand daily knocks)/ big faced (at least 40-42mm)

Xie xie!

Comment

nubeo is a very new brand....... and the designs are inspired by marine creatures..... to succeed at those asking prices is not that easy for them i think.....
            the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
            visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Hiya

I'd recommend the Graham, I have owned watches from both Graham and Arnold & Son. The after sales is excellent and the chronofighter is a definate eye-catcher. Do note that movement manufacturer Jaquet is a shareholder in the British Masters which owns the two brands and all their movements are modified or in some cases created by them. While they do use valjoux/eta movements, they have often modified it to a RAC which is a column wheel variant which in chronograph worlds holds high esteem as a mark of luxury.

Nubeo shapes it watches like the jellyfish. They do use a combination of materials which includes precious metals and ceramic , but movement wise, standard ETA but nicely polished.

U-Boat is a complete newbie , while it does have a following , I'm not sure where it is all heading but that my own opinion. It uses standard ETA movements and what I couldn't fanthom was that it is not even well finished, they just dumped it in.

Re-sale wise, all 3 ain't great.

Comment

Thanks brudders!

Within these category of watches... and price brackets... are there any other brands that might be up-and-coming... how abt the concord recent models (other than the tourbillon)...?

My preference is for sporty / solid (can withstand daily knocks)/ big faced (at least 40-42mm)

Xie xie!
                concord??!! no no...
                I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                Audemars Piguet ROO
                Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                Panerai 270
                Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                Rolex 116610LV
                Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Thanks brothers for your detailed explanations and timely replies, certainly much appreciated.

Yup will have a look at the Graham chronofighter series, in addition to my oft-keen eye on the PAMs still a newbie so merci beaucoup for the advice!

One more newbie query: as I have never bought stuff at the airport previously, other than make-up stuff for my gal, are we entitled to the AD less-GST amts when we are departing changi or returning to changi?

Thanks!

Comment

One more newbie query: as I have never bought stuff at the airport previously, other than make-up stuff for my gal, are we entitled to the AD less-GST amts when we are departing changi or returning to changi?

Thanks!
                    To entitle for "no GST" purchase, you need to buy before you fly off Singapore.

The shop sales people will be able to pack your newly purchased watch "nicely" so that you can carry it with you without scratches. They can even "hold" the boxes for you so that you can collect from them when you return. Save the trouble of bring the boxes around.

Hope this helps.
                    Body Of Fat, Heart Of Gold.

Comment

Thanks brudders!

Comment

Personally I will choose Graham over the 3 brandings for the price factor. Nubeo is targetting at trendy, young buyers n selling on a concept base on the Ocean. Whereas UBoat is base on the War concept devices designed in the past and revive under an Italian craftmen whose family link to the master creator of the watch concept. Just my 2cts...
                        the Trails and the Ocean !

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X