IWC FA Jones - Real or Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWC FA Jones - Real or Fake?

Pop quiz...Without looking or referencing pictures from the web, can you tell me if the following IWC FA Jones is real or fake?

The quality looks fake. Especial the numbers on the dial and the words/engravings on the movement.
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Looks 'funny' to me ...
      运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

A bad fake. Just google the real pic and can see difference is obvious.

Blue for numbers is wrong. The word Fast on movement is also wrong

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
          A bad fake. Just google the real pic and can see difference is obvious.

Blue for numbers is wrong. The word Fast on movement is also wrong
          You're right that it's a fake but not because of the blue numbers or "fast" word, which is in fact featured in the original...more pics to follow..

Comment

OK, story is that my cheeky friend who knows that one of my favorite watch is the IWC FA Jones decided to bring his version of it to a group dinner recently. Surprisingly, no one else could detect it was fake (without referencing of course) although i know it was fake because the font size is much thicker than the original and his watch seemed much lighter. Anyway, i brought it back and did some comparison pictures. Side by side, you can clearly tell the difference although i must admit that the replica was rather well made and even the movement were 85% similiar. Anyway, pictures speaks a thousand words...

Comment

Originally posted by stektan View Post
              You're right that it's a fake but not because of the blue numbers or "fast" word, which is in fact featured in the original...more pics to follow..
              The blue on the real one is very dark blue...like steel hands. This one too light or is it the lighting. The word 'fast' on the real all 4 letters same size. This is different. Other signs?

Ya. The numbers seems funny. The size.

Comment

i am taking a blind hit, the movement design?

Other signs?
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Kindly of worrying.

The FA Jones has an in-house movement. The fake movement is not far from it. Perhaps with a few more iterations, this could be perfected to look exactly like the real McCoy.

Wonder anyone seen a fake P9000 or JLC 8-days movement ?

Comment

Not seen a fake for these yet....but I know of super good APROO from china that cost a few thousand.

Originally posted by alex168lim View Post
                    Kindly of worrying.

The FA Jones has an in-house movement. The fake movement is not far from it. Perhaps with a few more iterations, this could be perfected to look exactly like the real McCoy.

Wonder anyone seen a fake P9000 or JLC 8-days movement ?

Comment

Not seen a fake for these yet....but I know of super good APROO from china that cost a few thousand.
                      Someone just told me there are AAA fakes in JB that has display backs featuring the P9000 movements as used in 312, 320, 351 etc.

Comment

I will buy it. It is a good fake!!!! I always appreciate good fakes!!!!

Comment

its fake one. the fonts' sizes are not correct

Comment

IWC FA Jones movement - not re-issue

Here are pictures of the original FA Jones movement from 1900. The watch's movement is more than 100 years on a new casing custom made watch. Enjoy! Click on link to see pictures.
                            ENJOY~

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X