Advice for my Cartier Santos 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for my Cartier Santos 100

If you have gone thru the garage, u might have seen the santos I am trying to sell. The objective of my sale is
    1) Santos got no date
    2) Like the B&R Orange and wanted to buy but cannot justify buying another watch.

The question is is it worth letting go my Santos (which I also like but seldom wear cuz got no date) for a B&R Orange?

I am more of a casual than a refine guy thus like big casual watch. I never wear my IWC for this reason. IWC cannot sell as it is a wedding gift.
    ===============================
    13 yr old Rolex explorer II white (My very first automatic watch)
    IWC Portofino 3563 Automatic
    Oceanic OC1 (my dive comp, also a watch ;p)
    PAM 250 K
    PAM 321 L
    Bell & Ross BR01-97 Ltd Orange
    Bell & Ross BR01-97 Ltd Commando

EX watches
    Cartier Santos 100 XL
    U-BOAT Flightdeck CAB Orange 50mm

Well since you asked:
    "The question is is it worth letting go my Santos (which I also like but seldom wear cuz got no date) for a B&R Orange?"

Here is my 2 cents worth...It's definitely not worth it...I know alot of people like B&R watches, but for me overall quality of a B&R is quite shockingly poor for its pricing to be honest. Regarding the style of a Santos, I always felt that the Cartier Santos dresses up both casually and formally very well. As to the lack of date...watches with no dates irk me alot too, so it really is something that you cant live with definitely offload but not for a B&R =P

Originally posted by weesy View Post
    If you have gone thru the garage, u might have seen the santos I am trying to sell. The objective of my sale is
    1) Santos got no date
    2) Like the B&R Orange and wanted to buy but cannot justify buying another watch.

The question is is it worth letting go my Santos (which I also like but seldom wear cuz got no date) for a B&R Orange?

I am more of a casual than a refine guy thus like big casual watch. I never wear my IWC for this reason. IWC cannot sell as it is a wedding gift.
    My Tumblr
    -------------------
    http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

Well since you asked:
      "The question is is it worth letting go my Santos (which I also like but seldom wear cuz got no date) for a B&R Orange?"

Here is my 2 cents worth...It's definitely not worth it...I know alot of people like B&R watches, but for me overall quality of a B&R is quite shockingly poor for its pricing to be honest. Regarding the style of a Santos, I always felt that the Cartier Santos dresses up both casually and formally very well. As to the lack of date...watches with no dates irk me alot too, so if its really is something that you cant live with definitely offload but not for a B&R

Originally posted by weesy View Post
      1) Santos got no date

My Tumblr
      -------------------
      http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

For me, I'll stick to the Santos.. classic watch and never go wrong..

Just my humble view...

Comment

i prefer Santos any model over B&R...Becoz the design of Santos is evergreen as in the watch is a classic and will not go out of style...afterall it has been around for a long time...

B&R to me is a trendy brand....not a classic brand...

All that i have stated above are my personal views only....Sorry if i ruffles any feathers of B&R fans in here....

*Flame Suit on*
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Thank you all for the advice.
            ===============================
            13 yr old Rolex explorer II white (My very first automatic watch)
            IWC Portofino 3563 Automatic
            Oceanic OC1 (my dive comp, also a watch ;p)
            PAM 250 K
            PAM 321 L
            Bell & Ross BR01-97 Ltd Orange
            Bell & Ross BR01-97 Ltd Commando

EX watches
            Cartier Santos 100 XL
            U-BOAT Flightdeck CAB Orange 50mm

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse