which IWC would you choose? 3717 or 3714

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which IWC would you choose? 3717 or 3714

Planning to get my first IWC but am stuck between 371701 or 371401. The pilot is cheaper by ard 2k and i really like the dial - the overall design is geared towards sporty...but 371401 Portuguese really take my breath away. it is just simply stunning. Tried in sincere vivo a few weeks ago and i still cannot decide cos 3714 is 2k more... not sure if i can justfy the premium.

Anyone facing such a dilemma before as well ?

Some pics
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f350/po...ml#post2238117

http://www.iwc.com/collection/portuguese/IW3714/

Both are beautiful and I will be in the same dilemma as you if I am in your shoe. But for me, I will go for the pilot chrono. I prefer it sporty.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Easy choice for me - Portuguese it would be.
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

If want to go for Portuguese, go for the 7 days auto!
        My Current

Rolex Daytona 116515
        Rolex Submariner 16610
        Rolex Submariner 116610
        Rolex Date 1550
        IWC Spitfire Chronograph 371705
        IWC Portuguese 7 Days 500107
        Omega Ocean Planet 22015000
        Bell & Ross Heritage BR126
        Grand Seiko GMT SBGM021
        Seiko Sumo SBDC001
        Seiko Sumo SBDC003
        Seiko Marinemaster SBDX012
        Seiko Brightz SDGZ013 Chronograph

Comment

Both 3717 and 3714 is using Valjoux 7750 so i would spend lesser on 3717 instead. And i agree with lthg that if you want the Portuguese series, go for the 7 days instead.

Comment

i personally prefer the pilot chrono. it's more versatile imho. the port chrono is a tad too dressy for my liking. and the pilot chrono has a slightly bigger dial so that's one more point in its favour.
            I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
            http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

I will get the 3717..

Comment

Get the 3714

Comment

In my opinion, both models are of 2 different class. Pilot Chrono is more sporty while Portuguese Chrono is more dressy. I prefer Portuguese family as it's more of a classical model. In fact, both models are well matched with casual or formal wear, it all depends on ones' preferances. Most important, choose the one you like more, put the cost aside. Try to bargain with the AD to see whether you could reduce the premium more. Otherwise, you will then go back to the model that you prefer earlier. Lastly, if you could stretch a bit, go for the Portuguese Automatic (with IWC inhouse movements). Hope my 2 cents worth of comments help.

Comment

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
                    In my opinion, both models are of 2 different class. Pilot Chrono is more sporty while Portuguese Chrono is more dressy. I prefer Portuguese family as it's more of a classical model. In fact, both models are well matched with casual or formal wear, it all depends on ones' preferances. Most important, choose the one you like more, put the cost aside. Try to bargain with the AD to see whether you could reduce the premium more. Otherwise, you will then go back to the model that you prefer earlier. Lastly, if you could stretch a bit, go for the Portuguese Automatic (with IWC inhouse movements). Hope my 2 cents worth of comments help.
                    Planning to get it in HK...after conversion and discount of 25%, 3717 is abt 4400 and 3714 is about 6200.... tempted to get the 3714 cos it really "speak" to me!

Comment

what did it tell you? "buy me! buy me!"? hahaha
                      I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                      http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Originally posted by estrangable View Post
                        Planning to get it in HK...after conversion and discount of 25%, 3717 is abt 4400 and 3714 is about 6200.... tempted to get the 3714 cos it really "speak" to me!
                        From what I read, there're quite a few faced with this choice... I did too

I thought of 3717 pilot, change to the kevlar strap, for daily wear. But I found out its not like a diver's watch where you can quite safely just wash it with soap daily.

So I got a used 3714 Portuguese.

For the price you mentioned and your comment, just go for the 3714, IMHO.

I think you need around $8k for the 3714 in S'pore, so yours is a really good price

Comment

Originally posted by estrangable View Post
                          Hello bro, mind sharing which store ur visiting in HK?

Cortina watch raffles city quoted me 7600 (before 15%) today.. its 2k more than ur price.. And i may be going HK late Apr

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Nubie View Post
                            Hello bro, mind sharing which store ur visiting in HK?

Cortina watch raffles city quoted me 7600 (before 15%) today.. its 2k more than ur price.. And i may be going HK late Apr

Thanks in advance!

Hi , i will be gg to HK DFS. The 25% or 35% (Not too sure at this point of time) discount is based on the staff price. Plus the good exchange rate of 6.07, thus shd be able to get it at a very good price.

Comment

how about the new 8 day PR, in-house movement portofino. looks very classy too as compared to a portugese.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X