Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP ROO or IWC Big Pilot

folks

i just tried both watches... i find the hornback leather very hard, watch tends to be moving around my wrist, while the rubber clad in rubber strap fits very nicely. Can experience owners here advice me, will the hornback leather soften to fit the wrist over time or it remains stiff?

personally, I like the hornback leather better than the rubber strap... alternatively, is to get the Themes model with titanium bracelet. But i'm having doubts about the hornback strap. Wat do u think?

then I put on the BP... big, nice, commanding presence! price tag also more friendly to the pocket. While the crown is the signature feature, i wonder if it will hurt the top of the wrist if you, say, lift your wrist? again, will existing owners share their experience?

thank you!!

I also faced the same problem with the hornback... it fits thick and stiff... I also worried it will smell when I sweat... so I got the bracelet version...

Comment

I have a AP ROO Panda and a IWC BP.

U do need a bigger wrist for the ROO. The BP fit better for me. U won't feel the crown at all.
      | Rolex Submariner | IWC Big Pilot 5004 | Panerai 312 | AP Panda |

Comment

thanks bro

I tried my colleague's ROO, he struggle to put it under his sleeve cuff

i thot the BP hugs the wrist better though, but it is quite big at 46mm (or is it 47?)

the BP is easier to the wallet no doubt and the 7 days PR is a big plus

anyway, better dun rush, keep trying out till i am decided... AP ROO is nice no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by 1248614 View Post
          thanks bro

I tried my colleague's ROO, he struggle to put it under his sleeve cuff

i thot the BP hugs the wrist better though, but it is quite big at 46mm (or is it 47?)

the BP is easier to the wallet no doubt and the 7 days PR is a big plus

anyway, better dun rush, keep trying out till i am decided... AP ROO is nice no doubt

I prefer the Big Pilot cos I have seen more Ah Bengs with AP nowadays! It's becoming too common I reckon. No disrespect to AP but it's just my personal feel. Anyway, I would choose the Big Pilot anyday
          I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
          Alfa 33
          Alfa 147
          Alfa GT
          Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
          Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Used to own an AP ROO Rubberclad and an IWC BP and still own an AP ROO Safari and agree that relative to the AP rubber strap and BP alligator strap, the AP hornbuck (I'm using XS hornback) doesn't wear that comfortably.
            运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

So you not Ah beng lah??

Originally posted by turboducky View Post
              I prefer the Big Pilot cos I have seen more Ah Bengs with AP nowadays! It's becoming too common I reckon. No disrespect to AP but it's just my personal feel. Anyway, I would choose the Big Pilot anyday

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                So you not Ah beng lah??
                Ah Beng but Ang Mo Beng! It's probably the same with BMWs lah, it's such a popular car that people from all walks of life are driving one.
                I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                Alfa 33
                Alfa 147
                Alfa GT
                Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

I was having the same dilemma between a ROO and BP one and a half years back. I went with my heart and got the ROO and haven't regretted at all. Even my daily wearers like my PAM and sub date have been relegated to my winder. The ROO exudes a type of elegance not found on the BP IMHO ( no offense to BP fans here). About the hornback, it gets a lot more flexible with time but the downside is that it tends to smell a bit after prolonged wear in our climate. There's always the option of the bracelet although I feel the hornback is an absolute match for the ROO.

Comment

Both are very nice watches. For the AP, the hornback will not soften over time and will continue to remain in shape. The leather on the BP, on the other hand, does soften with wear. The crown on the BP also does not hurt the top of the wrist unless you have the habit of flexing your hand backwards. I personally don't like bracelet versions of the AP ROO but that's just me. Between the AP and BP, you might note that the bezel on the AP is more susceptible to scratches and dings (compared to the BP) so you need to be more careful when wearing it.
                    I want a 116505!

Comment

Bracelet version is fine and it's maintainance-free! I wanted to get the horn-back strap but when thinking of my PAM always smells after wearing made me got the bracelet version... bracelet is nicely made... I think it is better than Rolex's... =D

Originally posted by Louis V View Post
                      Both are very nice watches. For the AP, the hornback will not soften over time and will continue to remain in shape. The leather on the BP, on the other hand, does soften with wear. The crown on the BP also does not hurt the top of the wrist unless you have the habit of flexing your hand backwards. I personally don't like bracelet versions of the AP ROO but that's just me. Between the AP and BP, you might note that the bezel on the AP is more susceptible to scratches and dings (compared to the BP) so you need to be more careful when wearing it.

Comment

Thanks... looks like you folks consider both BP and ROO together... both are pretty hefty (size and pricetag)! I ended up with the BP... I am still eyeing on the ROO... but will probably saved up for the new version with rectangle pushers after seeing the 2011 SIHH version online. Stainless steel ones sticker price is $(should be USD)28k ish...

Comment

own a BP. Nice watch for casual and formal wear. No problem with crown.
                          1 question - the power reserve continues to run down even when the watch is worn?

Comment

both are nice differently.

if my piny wrist can carry ROO for me. BP is real big with the big face.
                            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

it is normal. if you wear during the day the power reserve should maintain there or go down abit

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X