IWC 5001 stainless steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWC 5001 stainless steel

Guys, how do you guys find the 5001 stainless steel, black dial? Is there anywhere overseas whereby i can get this watch at a good price? Was wondering how much is the normal servicing fee charged by IWC also.

Thanks for ur kind input.

I dont think you could get a good price for this cos there isnt anymore in production. It's quite nice but I find that it's overpriced. I think it was moving like hotcakes a few years back, but not now. If you are going to buy it & wear it for good, then it's fine. But if you are only gonna wear it for a year or so, I would suggest you get the 5004 instead. Cos it's very hard to let go of the older model unless you are willing to sell it at rock bottom. BTW, try not to get one from overseas cos there are just too many horror stories I have heard. You could try eBay but only buy from sellers that has more than 1000 positive comments, although the prices aint cheap either. Try searching for Elshan here, think he has a 5001 BP for sale, I think.

As for servicing, you could try JW Horological. John could do the verification & servicing for you & it's not as expensive as Richmount. Should be around S$250 or so excluding parts. Hope this will help you in deciding. Good luck!!
    I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
    Alfa 33
    Alfa 147
    Alfa GT
    Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
    Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Hi turboducky, the 5001 that im looking for is actually the Portuguese 7day auto, is it really out of production?

Comment

Oops ****! I am sorry, I got it mixed up with the Big Pilot, apologies! The IWC Portuguese 7days is still available & you could get that anywhere. I think there's one pre-owned selling in SGROC, but it's the white face with blue hands. Actually, the black face you are looking for should be go cheaper (pre-owned) than the white one cos it takes more effort to produce the blue hands, however if you gonna get brand new, then both are going at the same price. If you gonna get a new one from overseas, you could try www.collectorstime.com, his name is Zee Tan, from Malaysia & has a good reputation.

Hope that helped & I am so sorry to have mistaken your 5001 to a 5002!

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
        Alfa 33
        Alfa 147
        Alfa GT
        Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
        Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

its okay. Thanks for ur input. Have contacted him regarding the watch alrdy. =)

Comment

Good, you can bargain with him on the delivery charge & ask him to waive it.

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
            Alfa 33
            Alfa 147
            Alfa GT
            Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
            Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse