Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First 'leak' picture, courtesy of THG

To be honest, I am not quite excited about it
    Last edited by triton; 27-07-08, 12:31 PM. Reason: pic deleted as per requested from THG
    [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
    [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
    [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
    [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
    [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
    [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

upon seeing tis upcoming stealth U1..Sianz in da half liao..sud not called stealth or all black sud call black&white .. still thinkin da original U1 looks much more better den tat...thks for de pics hary...
      Last edited by melfiz; 25-07-08, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Agree, still the original looks better. The All Black to my surprise doesn't have the phantom look like BR

[U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Lucky never put deposit .
          1675/16610/116234/78240
          Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
          Hublot BB ASF
          PAM 104J
          Sinn 903 H2
          Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
          U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
          If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

must see the real piece, maybe looks better than the pic. No phantom look at all

Comment

i put in the deposit last week liao

already put a deposit liao last week b4 the photo came out.

called THG salesman after seeing the photo, he told me that the watch look very "fierce" in real life,

anyway the official photo should be out soon, hope the official photo will do "justice" to the watch.
              "The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...
              the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind.
              If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." ALBERT EINSTEIN (1879-1955)

Comment

I was warned on WUS forum about picture embargo

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...25#post1183725

With my limited knowledge of cyberlaw, according to my interpretetion nothing wrong publishing the picture that they sent to me, as I am the addressee of that email

Unless they stated clearly for picture embargo, I will honor it. Kinda piss recieving such warning if there's nothing wrong with the picture distribution.
                Last edited by triton; 27-07-08, 12:31 PM. Reason: post edited as per request from THG

Comment

Originally posted by Hary View Post
                  must see the real piece, maybe looks better than the pic. No phantom look at all
                  The picture is a not representative of the final product IMHO.
                  the markers are more grey and the picture does not reflect this, probably due to the photography??

This is a diving watch, do not expect that the entire face to look like a B&R/Uboat type total blackout look.

For practical use and diving, there still needs to be some legibility of the markers - it makes no sense to do a total "blackout" face as this goes against the grain of a U1 diving watch. Im sure this is one of the design considerations. It would be absurd to make a total blackout diving watch - that is just not right.

Comment

If what the Prof said is correct about the dark gray hand, there's still hope for All Black U1. Current picture CMI

Comment

possibily the markers looked more white than grey due to the amt of flash / position of flash used to take the photo??

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                      - GMT II
                      - GMT IIc TT
                      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                      - U1
                      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

thanks for yr selfless sharing, Hary. Most grateful.
                        Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                        "Foreign affections"
                        1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                        2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                        3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                        4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                        What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by Hary View Post
                          First 'leak' picture, courtesy of THG

To be honest, I am not quite excited about it
                          Thanks for shaing!

I am a newbie here and in watches too (recently got an Omega PO Chrono.. the Orange dial one and own Tag Monza and a Kirium from a long time back and both discontinued :P). I too placed a deposit for this with with the fact that I can opt out and use the deposit for something else.

Looks like I will stick with a U2 or a 6100 regulateur then if this is the real thing

Comment

Picture of Sinn U1 Black is a prototype & not the final product. My deposit stays.

I have also heard that the final product will have hands and markers in a darker shade of gray. I am compelled to believe that its definitely not the end product from my friend at THG. Imho, an entirely "blackout" concept and look would seem odd on a dive watch, i totally agree with decksurgeon on this one. A little color contrast is fine by me.

I was one of the recipients of the prototype pics and was told that it was not an end product as well. At the same time i had mutual understanding with thg that the pics were for my own perusal & private circulation only.

How often have we seen a stunning timepiece pictured online & in ezines and when we strap it on our wrist at the boutique in the flesh....

So for now, i shall stop speculating until i collect the physical timepiece.

Just my 2 cents, thanks for looking.
                            Oro101
                            Last edited by oro101; 27-07-08, 01:54 PM. Reason: typo
                            [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Time is like a ship on a merciless sea, drifting toward an abyss of nothingness until it can be rechartered for its own destiny[/FONT].

Comment

Look at the real life picture, not too bad

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=171279

Comment

Any indication on the date of arrival of the SINN blackU1?

Tx .
                                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X