disappointed in breitling servicing center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disappointed in breitling servicing center

recently i just sent in my very recently bought super avenger for inspection due to
    1. high free play of hands in time adjust mode.
    2. mins hands jumps when i pushed back the crown from time adjust mode.
    3. timing of my watch is +6 sec/day.
    does all owners of breilting see this in your watch?
    i was told by service center that the watch is normal. this make me very disappointed. i had never seen this type of free play and time jumping stuff with all my watch i had, not even in all my seikos or tag heuer. all their hands are firm and steady when i pull my crown out to the 3rd position. not even my vintage seiko chronos which i had not serviced for years. shouldnt breitling do something abt this. this make me doubt the slogan they have "instrument for professionals".
    for the timing, i know its within the COSC standard, but shouldnt breilting have a more stringent standard. just like rolex, their spec is +4-2/day. i know coz i sent in my rollie once with timing of 5.8/day, they bother to adjust to 2.7/day even without even me asking them to.
    for a few thousand dollars watch and im getting this type of quality.. im really upset as they cant even compare to a seiko that cost only 1/10. any chance anyone know where i can bring this up to?

Originally posted by calvintjs View Post
    recently i just sent in my very recently bought super avenger for inspection due to
    i was told by service center that the watch is normal. this make me very disappointed. i had never seen this type of free play and time jumping stuff with all my watch i had, not even in all my seikos or tag heuer. all their hands are firm and steady when i pull my crown out to the 3rd position. not even my vintage seiko chronos which i had not serviced for years. shouldnt breitling do something abt this. this make me doubt the slogan they have "instrument for professionals".
    for the timing, i know its within the COSC standard, but shouldnt breilting have a more stringent standard. just like rolex, their spec is +4-2/day. i know coz i sent in my rollie once with timing of 5.8/day, they bother to adjust to 2.7/day even without even me asking them to.
    for a few thousand dollars watch and im getting this type of quality.. im really upset as they cant even compare to a seiko that cost only 1/10. any chance anyone know where i can bring this up to?

hmm

Never having own a breitling, these are just my thts based on other brand of watches

High free play meaing when trying to set the time, you turn the crown and even after 1 full turn the hands doesnt move? If thats the case, its really an issue. Most of my watches the free play is around hmmmm based on estimate, 1/10 of a full circle of free play. This allows me to better set the time mre accurately. e.g when pushing in the crown, I make use of this minimal free play and turn my crown back to that portion and push down. This avoids jumping of minute hands i.e. I cant guarantee that whenever I push down the crown, its exactly 90 degress perpendicular. hence with the free play, it allows me more flexibility.

Same point as above. Have you tried turning the crown to the free play region and push down? alternatively, Some watches tie the minute and hour hand very tightly and the minute hand jumps to follow the hour hand. the reason for this is so that when the hour reaches, your minute hand can be exactly at 12. you might want to try setting the time when its exactly at the hour period? i.e. 1 oclock, try setting the minute hand to 12.

Cant really fault them on this. you can hope they be more stringent, but the fact that its still within COSC, its really a normal working chronometer. Buying a mechanical watch be it chronometer or not, really is on luck with regard to time keeping. you cant guarantee even for a chronometer it will be only +-1s/day or +-5s/day

I mean, you wont know how well it keeps time unless you buy and moniter it for a while. But the good thing is, you can bang table and request that they help you to regulate te watch to be more accurate. If breitling svc centre refuses to do this, then i think their service is really subpar

Anyway, I dint know Rolex officially posted their watch to be within +4-2/day? where can i find this info? Thanks!
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Breitling

Originally posted by calvintjs View Post
      Hi bro, how much is the play when setting time? Are the hands loose and move freely when you tilt the watch? Could be hand setting intermediate wheel loose? If play is big maybe you show them at service centre.

For complaint 2, before you push back crown after you set the time try turning crown the opposite direction a little bit to release tension then push it in. This may reduce the 'jump' in the hands.

For COSC the criteria is -4s to +6s so your watch is still within COSC limits. I don't think they will advise you to adjust the timing as such. I also feel that (personal opinion) the service centres usually screw up the watch every time they open it so I recommend you not to send in unless really got major problem. I sent in several watches to Swatch, Richemont, Bulgari and usually they come back worse (dust under glass, scratch on case/movement etc)... 6 seconds still borderline acceptable and of course disappointing compared to Rolex which IMO is one of the most accurate pieces out there.

Just relax and enjoy your watch. Its a nice piece!

Comment

I agree with you on the part on the COSC standards where they just made it. I used to own a breitling colt gmt and while the aesthetics of it was really amazing (nice dial, beautiful solid bracelet), it was running approx 5 and a half seconds fast... per day

I called up the centre and they actually do allow you to send it for regulating for free but they told me it would require approx 3weeks- 2 months before it is finished! My gosh!....

I mean if i had a few gd time pieces i wouldnt mind... but at that time all i had was that.. anyway i have since sold it and bought a rolex explorer and goodness, it is really accurate about 1.5 seconds fast each day which is quite much better.

Anyway my proposal is that u insist on regulating the watch if within warranty - provided u have other pieces to wear.
        Currently own:
        Rolex Explorer 2 Black Dial 16570
        Rolex Precision 6694 (Manual winding)
        Blue Dial/Silver Markers
        Seiko SNZG15K1
        Ball EMII Diver green inner bezel!
        Stowa Marine Original (White dial)

Wishlist:
        Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic PAM 392 42mm

(gone and missing them)
        Omega Seamaster 2254.50
        Breitling Colt GMT (Black dial)

Comment

Bro, sorry to hear that.

Personally, I have had different experience with the folks in Breitling's agent. Find that they are pretty professional and experienced... Suggest that you call them up again and explain to them your problem.

Comment

I can't say I've experienced the physical manifestation of their work but their customer service is rather good, I've called up their service centre on several occassions and found the staff to be professional, knowledgable and friendly.
            Sweet 16:
            PP Aquanaut
            VC Overseas
            AP ROO Black Themes
            A.Lange & Sohne 1815
            Breguet Type XXI
            Blancpain 50 Fathoms
            JLC Navy Seals
            GO Senator 60s
            GP Laureato
            Zenith Pilot Extra Special
            Rolex DSSD