X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused by what you are asking

Originally posted by triton View Post
    Like to know what you mean by internals are destroyed

also like to know if the picture that shows fitted nicely is with conversion kit or not?

if perfect fit, why need conversion kits as advertised here

pardon me for my ignorance.
    Internals were destroyed by the customer. Yes it's a perfect fit but if the watch is on bracelet there is no other way to put any strap on any ap watch without a conversion kit.

Thank you.
    contact administrator@sg-roc.com for advertising

Comment

still dont know what you mean

Still dont know what you mean by internals. Maybe a picture with indication will best explain to me.

internal referring to the which area of the strap?

Originally posted by APBands View Post
      Internals were destroyed by the customer.

Thank you.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by APBands View Post
        We didn't say we were not afraid so tell the truth. We both have the e-mails to prove this.

We said, " No problem about letting people know as we will respond to each and every post with our side and pictures".

Sure, enlarging the holes just a bit to see if it fits we can understand. But you enlarged it so much that you broke the composite in 2 places.

Again, if it didn't fit then all you had to do was send it back without altering the strap.

What more would you want a company to do?

We were paying all shipping charges back and forth, giving you free screws as well as a bar and cap set and even offered another strap option. I think we did all we could to make you a happy customer. We try the best we can.
        halo go take a look at other Good Strap company got to offer for their Guarantee and Return policy.
        refer : http://vintagerstraps.com/zhomehtml/guar.html

Comment

all these issues over 1 leather strap....
          Opportunities come once

Comment

Wow! Like that also can... I wonder how they run a business???

Originally posted by frank131 View Post
            halo go take a look at other Good Strap company got to offer for their Guarantee and Return policy.
            refer : http://vintagerstraps.com/zhomehtml/guar.html

Comment

different businessman run their operations differently.

why cannot do? take for example. cost is 100. but they marked up and sell for 300. 200 is profit and to cover postage as well. when you return the strap, they can re-condition and sell it @ second hand for 200. this way, one strap, they earn more. they are still ahead.

with this, they can keep customers (first-tier and subsequent tier) happy. first tier get full refund. subsequent tier can get it @ lower price (save abit). strap maker the HAPPIEST, make more money.

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
              Wow! Like that also can... I wonder how they run a business???
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

That makes some sense...

If not, what they wrote in their site: "If your strap ever gets ruined or fails for any reason I will replace it expediently and free of charge. This guarantee includes: Use, misuse, abuse, exposure, the need to burn your strap for warmth, your dog eating it in a fit of rage... whatever. If it's ruined I will replace it, no questions asked (unless the story sounds interesting)."

really amazed me....

Originally posted by triton View Post
                different businessman run their operations differently.

why cannot do? take for example. cost is 100. but they marked up and sell for 300. 200 is profit and to cover postage as well. when you return the strap, they can re-condition and sell it @ second hand for 200. this way, one strap, they earn more. they are still ahead.

with this, they can keep customers (first-tier and subsequent tier) happy. first tier get full refund. subsequent tier can get it @ lower price (save abit). strap maker the HAPPIEST, make more money.

Comment

My neutral stand is .....

(1) I can understand the frustrations Bootyme faced, sure he does not want this issue to escalate to this extent. I'm sure he is genuinely facing the problem of fitting the APband strap to his watch. Thus he is struggling to try fitting it to no avail and thus damaged it, is a genuine mistake but still think he shd be entittled to a replacement strap to rest case. .

(2) I can vote at the same time for APband straps quality as i had before one. I got a fren who ordered on my behalf. Mine is a bracelet and need conversion kit together with the strap. With years of dismantling, removing bracelets links, i can say is a real hard task to install the strap to my AP, not that APband strap is bad but true fact is the design of the AP watches with the FORK END to mate lug and strap, the pin must also be exactly to join all 3 parts (lugs,strap, pin). The tolerence for all 3 is near zero play so you can guess how tough this task is....Not the usual Panerai or IWC design which is straight forward.
                  After much try i finally got it in, fits perfectly.

In fact even an original oem strap from AP cause me sweats to put in on too.
                  So no one is to be blame here, is the design.

Just look at these pictures of the fork ends ?

[IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/rolex-submariner-116619lb-021.jpg[/IMG]
                  [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Rolex-Black-Dial-Daytona-116520.jpg[/IMG]
                  [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Originals_23.jpg[/IMG]
                  [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/IMG_0491.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Yap agreed that AP straps are hard to swap , really need some skills to do it .
                    Even with the original straps , it's a very tough job !
                    Focal JM_Labs .
                    "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                    Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                    Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                    Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                    Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                    Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                    Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                    Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                    Cartier Santos 100XL
                    Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Originally posted by watchpassionist View Post
                      My neutral stand is .....

(2) I can vote at the same time for APband straps quality as i had before one. I got a fren who ordered on my behalf. Mine is a bracelet and need conversion kit together with the strap. With years of dismantling, removing bracelets links, i can say is a real hard task to install the strap to my AP, not that APband strap is bad but true fact is the design of the AP watches with the FORK END to mate lug and strap, the pin must also be exactly to join all 3 parts (lugs,strap, pin). The tolerence for all 3 is near zero play so you can guess how tough this task is....Not the usual Panerai or IWC design which is straight forward.
                      After much try i finally got it in, fits perfectly.

In fact even an original oem strap from AP cause me sweats to put in on too.
                      So no one is to be blame here, is the design.

I have ordered a custom-made set of straps from APband a while ago and quality is top-notch!
                      运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Just a suggestion to rest case......

BOOTYME did admit he enlarged the hole and thus strap damaged, but is still a genuine mistake, APBAND give him a one time replacement.

APBand strap have been voted by many buyers as top notch, no quality issue and no reputation tarnished, give BOOTYME a replacement and settled the case

Both parties were be happy and case closed, we readers will have increased confidence in APBANDS who good will and magnanimous give a replacement to BOOTYME

[IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/rolex-submariner-116619lb-021.jpg[/IMG]
                        [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Rolex-Black-Dial-Daytona-116520.jpg[/IMG]
                        [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Originals_23.jpg[/IMG]
                        [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/IMG_0491.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Agreed!

If BOOTYME ask for a replacement is reasonable. On the other hand, if BOOTYME ask for a full refund, he/she is not reasonable.

Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by watchpassionist View Post
                          Just a suggestion to rest case......

BOOTYME did admit he enlarged the hole and thus strap damaged, but is still a genuine mistake, APBAND give him a one time replacement.

APBand strap have been voted by many buyers as top notch, no quality issue and no reputation tarnished, give BOOTYME a replacement and settled the case

Both parties were be happy and case closed, we readers will have increased confidence in APBANDS who good will and magnanimous give a replacement to BOOTYME

Comment

suggest APbands replace the bands with a brand new one.

afterall, if AP owners were to look at your thread, im sure they will acknowledge the goodwill.

besides, it will not hurt your profit margin....
                            Opportunities come once

Comment

Looking at the response from APBands; the TS has no chance of getting any refund.
                              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                              Blue 6694
                              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

To be fair to AP bands, they had indeed offered me either a full refund or a replacement in earlier email exchanges. But I had also told them that i would just like a replacement strap as i believed this was a one-off event.

If they had given me a replacement, i would have continued to purchase more straps from them.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X