Which watch to buy? Ball or Oris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which watch to buy? Ball or Oris

Need some advice from all the "seniors" here....

Thinking of getting a Swiss Made daily wear watch, budget around $1500, finally shortlist Oris F1 day-date & Ball (should be Fireman series). Which one to get???

The guy at the shop keep on pushing me to take the Ball (List price around $2200) and said that Ball is more durable for daily use than Oris F1 series. True or his commision from Ball is more ??

Or any recommendation for other brand?

To me, both are the same if you are referring to "daily wear watch". It voices down to what you like, which I think is most important. There are many other Swiss brands out there that you can consider - hamilton, tag heuer, fortis, louis erard, longines, zeno watch basel, certina, luminox, etc-etc.

It is best you limit your choices to 1 or 2 brands and start looking at the different models available (which I see that you had done). Thereafter, focus on one brand and narrow it down to one model, and you are ready to "launch"..

From your choices mentioned, I'll take Ball. Because simply, I prefer the design. Happy hunting.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I would buy a ball too... I think ball watches are well built and inexpensive. Most of them have anti-magnetic, anti-shock, waterproof, bright illum... A good all-in-one watch.

But then, I always say, buy what u like/want.

Comment

I would buy a Oris, cos I own 1 and it is still working in top condition. Other than some scratches.
        Oris is getting popolar nowadays, due to the sponsorship of the F1 Racing.
        End of the day is all up to you, if watch you like most.

Comment

dude, I was also like you, looking at Ball, Baume & Mercier, Oris.

After touching 1 ball, you will never look back.

Comparing Ball and Oris, Ball's workmanship is much much better then Oris.

I never regretted buying the ball and I need another ball to complete my balls.

Comment

Being having 3 Balls (haha) and 2 Oris, Ball win hand down in design (IMO), craftmanship, comfort, night legibility and of course the "wow" factor!
            Check the Night Train with UMT function and DLC coating, very bright lume at night, price slightly above your budget but I think is worth to pay little extra, a truly day and night watch!

http://www.ballwatch.com/index.php?o...om_collections

Comment

Bro The choice is yours, All I can say is my choice is Ball. Below are the reason.

1) Gas tube that glow in the dark
              2) Quality of Watch
              a) Anti Magnetic Feature
              b) Shock resistance feature
              c) Great Craftmanship
              3) 3 YRS Warranty
              4) Constant update by Ball on any upcoming new models
              5) Value for money ( Not too Expensive for all this feature )

So the sales person is right to push for Ball and not becos of commission.

But final say is still yourself. hAPPY hUNTING

Cheers

Comment

Since u asked in a Ball forum...

me thinks u're more inclined to get a Ball...
                I think u'll find much pleasure from both brands, which appeals to u more?
                Between ur choices u listed, for me, i prefer the Ball.

Comment

Thanks for the advice

Appreciate all the advice given.

Now is the time to choose the model that can meet my "limited" budget (the one I saw should be Arabic 40mm or top up to buy Chronometer (I like it plain).

BTW, any bro know how much the Chronometer cost?

Thanks again. Hope can "launch" soon.......

Comment

Originally posted by aeras1928 View Post
                    Appreciate all the advice given.

Now is the time to choose the model that can meet my "limited" budget (the one I saw should be Arabic 40mm or top up to buy Chronometer (I like it plain).

BTW, any bro know how much the Chronometer cost?

Thanks again. Hope can "launch" soon.......
                    Chronometer I think is 3200. But not all shop have but I think Precious times in Chinatown point hand Vincent Watch Tampines and WOS Tampines do have this watch. I saw it when I pass by to their shop. But dont noe whether they sold already cos that is about 3 months

Comment

If there is an intention to flip this sometime down the road, I'll suggest Ball as it does seem to hold its value better than an Oris.

I know cos I had two Oris watches previously.
                      Mine
                      Ball Engineer Hydro Carbon DeepQUEST DM3000A-SC-BK
                      Bell & Ross BR01-92
                      IWC Portuguese Chronograph IW371401
                      Panerai PAM 005H
                      Rolex GMT Master II 16710
                      Rolex Cosmograph Daytona 116520
                      RXW Plasmir Milgraph Two Counter
                      Sevenfriday M1/01
                      Sinn U1
                      Tag Heuer Monaco Chronograph CW2111-0

Hers
                      Ball Engineer Hydro Carbon Classic II DM1016A-S1J-BK
                      IWC Pilot Chronograph IW377701
                      Rolex GMT Master II 116710BLNR
                      Sinn 6100 Regulateur Klassik Blau

Comment

New Ball Mad Cow Owner!!

While deciding on which model of Ball to buy, received an SMS offer of a Mad Cow. Do a seach and ....the rest are history.

Will continue to visit this forum although no more budget to buy another one so soon....but willingly to be "poison" by all the seniors

Thanks again.

Comment

While deciding on which model of Ball to buy, received an SMS offer of a Mad Cow. Do a seach and ....the rest are history.

Will continue to visit this forum although no more budget to buy another one so soon....but willingly to be "poison" by all the seniors

Thanks again.
                          hey i send u a PM, please refer, thanks

Comment

Thanks again.
                            Pics pics...!!

Comment

How to upload photo???

Like to share the pic too but...cant really follow the instruction on how to upload the photo. Can trouble any bro out there to teach me, best if can copy from my folder and just paste in this reply column,possible ?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X