My 1 day old IWC 3717

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1 day old IWC 3717

After considering for a long time i decided to take the plunge and buy the IWC 3717. My first expensive watch.....

http://i44.tinypic.com/24l8l93.jpg

Originally posted by neski View Post
    After considering for a long time i decided to take the plunge and buy the IWC 3717. My first expensive watch.....

Nice Neski! Be careful, it could be addictive!!
    I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
    Alfa 33
    Alfa 147
    Alfa GT
    Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
    Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

I just got one too today. though mine is a 371701.

enjoy yours as i will mine
      A neo-classic flieger, A marathon power reserve, A hard as nails diver.
      I should be good for quite awhile

Comment

Yeah it is the most expensive watch that i bought so far and also my dream watch. I still remember drooling outside the watch store looking at the IWC during my school days..... So you must guess how excited i am when i finally get it yesterday.

I also had a Tag Heuer carrera and a Maurice Lacroix croneo. Anyone brother know where can i get a nice storage case to storage my watch?

Beside i realize the screw-in crown for my 3717 is quite difficult to loosen, is this normal?

Comment

Yeah it is the most expensive watch that i bought so far and also my dream watch. I still remember drooling outside the watch store looking at the IWC during my school days..... So you must guess how excited i am when i finally get it yesterday.

I also had a Tag Heuer carrera and a Maurice Lacroix croneo. Anyone brother know where can i get a nice storage case to storage my watch?

Beside i realize the screw-in crown for my 3717 is quite difficult to loosen, is this normal?
          Check out the Misc Items for Sale, they do have watch box for sale. As for the crown, dont worry, it shouldnt be any problem. Just be careful not to tighten to much or force it in. Afterall, a watch is a delicate piece of work & the last thing you want is a screw down crown with a damaged thread.

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
          Alfa 33
          Alfa 147
          Alfa GT
          Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
          Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

I've this too. Love it.

Comment

Don't worry about the screw in crown. It's meant to be abit tight.
              The thing you need to be careful about is when you need to adjust day/date.

First and foremost, don't don't don't adjust day/date between 10pm-2am. Some say 7pm-3am, more kiasu only.

Second, remember to adjust the time first before day/date.

Observe this any u will have no prob for many years.

BTW this is a keeper for me. Never selling it.

Comment

Yeah i gonna keep this watch also but i need to be very careful when i wear it to work. I tend to bump my watch and get it scratch.

Comment

Yeah. Tall watches are prone to dings. Got a couple on my 7day already.

Actually I was thinking of getting the U1 or 3717. U1 is very very durable. Very resistent to dings and scratches. I guess that's my next target.

Comment

Mind telling how much you paid for it and which AD? Wat the is RRP for 371704 and 371701? Thks.

Comment

I realized some Panerai watch can buy something like shield to cover the watch. Does IWC have this option?

Comment

Kana IWC poison, bought another Mark XVI after 3717.

Please pardon the lousy quality of the pic, was using iphone to shoot the pic.

Comment

Kana IWC poison, bought another Mark XVI after 3717.

Please pardon the lousy quality of the pic, was using iphone to shoot the pic.
                          Really nice, Nes!!

My perfect IWC would be the Mk 16 design at 42mm with the UTC function at 6, with both day & day at 3, 7days Power Reserve at 9, with the Portuguese display-back & last but not least, the BP crown!! Ok, if it's complicated, then take away the power reserve!

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                          Alfa 33
                          Alfa 147
                          Alfa GT
                          Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                          Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Nice catch...
                            Rolex Submariner 116610LV Alphanumeric Series (The Hulk)
                            Rolex GMT Master II 16710 COKE (Stick Dial) D Series

Comment

Totally agreed Turbo. I really like the Big Pilot but it is too big, i can only go up to 43mm. Thus if there is a scale down version of big pilot with day-date, i be very happy. hahaha

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X