Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for an everyday watch under $1.5k?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pilotsnoopy View Post
    l
    wat's the piece on the left? Laco ?

to feilong108 and pilotsnoopy, so where to find more info on this Laco brand? also how what kind of price range will i find myself looking at ?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by overcrash View Post
      hmmm i dun see this piece on their online store, is it something new ? if so dunno price how much and how long need to wait liao... =(

so the suggestion is not to go for the COSC certification but just use the stock stowa movement since is quite good already?
      this is a Marine Original Limited Edition 1...i'm still looking for it...

though i just received my MO polished 2 weeks ago and am very happy with it

pardon the phone cam pic.

yes unless COSC gives you a better decorated movement i won't really pay for it as you can see the reasons given by others in the thread

[IMG]http://www.bmw-sg.com/photopost/data/545/bbm_barcode.JPG[/IMG]

Comment

wat's the piece on the left? Laco ?

to feilong108 and pilotsnoopy, so where to find more info on this Laco brand? also how what kind of price range will i find myself looking at ?

Thanks.
        http://forums.watchuseek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=367

http://www.laco.de/

these are the links you should look at...like Stowa they are one of the 5 original manufacturers of the german pilot watches...

i think many of their pieces are within your range of 1.5k

this is a lume shot of my daily beater, the Laco WUS forum edition b dial

link of the same model being sold by another bro here...

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=23888
        [IMG]http://www.bmw-sg.com/photopost/data/545/bbm_barcode.JPG[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by pilotsnoopy View Post
          this is a Marine Original Limited Edition 1...i'm still looking for it...

though i just received my MO polished 2 weeks ago and am very happy with it

pardon the phone cam pic.

yes unless COSC gives you a better decorated movement i won't really pay for it as you can see the reasons given by others in the thread

sorry but pls pardon me, wats MO?

so i think i am right to say that the marine original limited ed is no longer in production?

Comment

wow...look great...can always keep a look out at the various local watch forums for great pieces....or u can try JW watch at GE building...i recall the shop does carry Laco....
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
              wow...look great...can always keep a look out at the various local watch forums for great pieces....or u can try JW watch at GE building...i recall the shop does carry Laco....
              thanks a lot feilong! =)

hmm by various watch forums, u mean which others? i quite newbie in watches! hehe

so far got a good chance i will be getting a stowa! =D
              but i am not ruling out other choices as i am not firm on the stowa yet.

Comment

guys mind commenting on the price of these pre-owned rolex? wanna see if they are a good deal, but they sound a bit too good to be true?
                also which has better "value"

Rolex Air- king “Oyster Perpetual” Precision Ref. 14000 FOR FAST SALE $2,595

Rolex Air- king Ref. 14000 P series with Paper. PRICED TO SELL FAST $2,990

Vintage, Rolex Steel and White Gold Datejust Ref 1601, PRICED TO SELL FAST $1,795

Rolex Explorer Ref 14270 A series, PRICED TO SELL FAST $3,490

Comment

kinda over your 1.5k budget didn't it?

how much you willing to stretch your budget? I think a DJ 16200 should be good around 3k if you check ard

Comment

I'm not sure of the current prices but u can try Ball Fireman and some Ball Engineer II or even Engineer Master II models. How about a Ball EMII Classic like this one?

sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

Originally posted by sys12345 View Post
                      I'm not sure of the current prices but u can try Ball Fireman and some Ball Engineer II or even Engineer Master II models. How about a Ball EMII Classic like this one?

this is a nice piece...

Comment

I just bought this one..Hamilton Khaki Field Auto 44mm PVD

it is within ur stated budget

Comment

Originally posted by commoner View Post
                          kinda over your 1.5k budget didn't it?

how much you willing to stretch your budget? I think a DJ 16200 should be good around 3k if you check ard
                          yup! but dun mind stretching for rollies! hahaha! =X
                          or shld i just stick to my stowa since i am getting an everyday beater?
                          oh my oh my.... starting to get confused over my own requirements!

Comment

Originally posted by sys12345 View Post

this is a very nice piece!
                            how much did it cost you ? wat model is it ?

Comment

Originally posted by daywalker88 View Post
                              it is within ur stated budget

thanks but no thanks. =)
                              it's within my budget, but not the kind of look that i am looking for.
                              thanks for the offer though. =)

Comment

This is the Ball Engineer Master II Classic. Based on 2007 pricelist, the MSRP for SS model is S$1600, leather is S$1400. This is one of the brighter Ball with T rated lume. It comes with antimagnetic and antishock features, water resistance is 100m. It uses a Swiss ETA 2824 Elabore grade movement. For its finish, quality and features, this should be a pretty value buy within your budget for a Swiss watch. Its versatile and it can be worn for many different occasions.

this is a very nice piece!
                                how much did it cost you ? wat model is it ?
                                sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X