No announcement yet.

Sinn build quality and Warranty Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- so it means 'pvd' does nt equate te color of te watch?
    - it is merely a common term used for watches tat r coated with a layer of some form of chemical/material/mineral, rite?
    - in tis sense, to describe watches tat r black, te word 'pvd' is used?
    - so it oso means te word has been inappropriately used to describe a black-coated watch?
    - next time buy 'coated watches' mus ask wat chemical/material/mineral is used to 'pvd' te watch?
    - if 'dlc' (like te ball watch), means tougher rite?

Comment

fwah confusing LOL...

but ok now I know PVD does not mean the material but is the process. Thanks for sharing!
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

- so it means 'pvd' does nt equate te color of te watch?

Nope. You can even PVD a watch pink gold if you want.

- it is merely a common term used for watches tat r coated with a layer of some form of chemical/material/mineral, rite?

Yes.

- in tis sense, to describe watches tat r black, te word 'pvd' is used?

Typically thats how watch companies market it. However, You can use PVD to coat a watch with a gold coat. If you do a google search for 'PVD Rolex' you'll see many folks went to coat their Rolex black.

- so it oso means te word has been inappropriately used to describe a black-coated watch?

Well, if the process to coat the watch is PVD, technically it is correct. Alway remember this: Marketing is the fine art of arresting a person's intelligence long enough for them to make a purchase

- next time buy 'coated watches' mus ask wat chemical/material/mineral is used to 'pvd' te watch?

Its good to find out if you are interested. Thou a lot of companies may want to keep their coating formulations a secret.

- if 'dlc' (like te ball watch), means tougher rite?

Typically, yes. If I'm not mistaken, the DLC formulation is trademarked to a certain company. Just like superluminova. So technically all DLC coatings should be the same.

Comment

all coating will wear out sooner or later de...and cannot be refinished unless u re-coat the entire watch head...

so in other words....nothing can be done with scratches and dings...unless u re-coat the watch...
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Did a quick google search and I think this link will help illustrate what is PVD. As always, a picture tells a thousand words

http://apbands.com/apbpvdcoating.htm

Aluminium Titanium Nitrate PVD Coating

Titanium Nitrate Coating PVD Coating

Comment

wow..great information...learn new stuff today again..thanks to Mr Sdchew for the kind explaination!!!
              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

wow...hot but educating topic..plenty to learn...

Comment

Upz!
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Really miss posting in sgroc. Glad to see that more are getting poisoned by this hobby whilst an old bird like myself prefers to be soaked in toxin. IMHO Sinn is no longer the "utility-watch" company that I used to know. Seems to me that it all about profits and being accountable to the management. I bought my u1 in 2007 for 1.6k if I did not recall wrongly. still works great but the power reserve can only last 24hrs if I dun wear it. wonder how much would a new u1 cost nowadays. Anyway, its great to be back!!!
                    Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                    "Foreign affections"
                    1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                    2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                    3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                    4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                    What's NEXT?

Comment

i got my u1 sdr 11 months ago..its was retailing at 3.6k with the standard discount.
                      Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
                      Tag Heuer Formula 1
                      Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
                      Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
                      Rolex GMT II 16710
                      Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

got my u1sdr from frankfurt factory 6 months ago... no issue at all... i'm loving it...

tried to sell it but not much responds... really like to the watch so decided to wear it...

Comment

I ever dropped my watch on ION's Marble floor. All i've got was speck of marble dust and no dent on my U1W.
                          This justify the watch's hardness.

Comment

Got my Sinn U1 recently,
                            Watch was adjusted the night before wearing it. Wore the whole day yesterday, this morning waking at 9:30am movement stop.
                            It doesn't seem normal to me..
                            Text the Sales person at THG, he told I should wind 30 times and it should be fine. But my point is that since I have wore the watch for the whole day, doesn't it wind up enough power reserve to last through the night?

Any one here experience the same or similar issue as well?

Comment

No issue for Sinn ultimate. Is perfect , two day never wearing still moving.

Comment

Hi yong5,

I dont have a Sinn, but in my humble experience of handling watches of ETA automatic, yes your point is right and noted.. if you have worn the watch the whole previous day, it should means the following day it still runs, hence the term "automatic". However, it also depends on the frequency and amount of movement your wrist moves, though I think it is fairly normal movement for most of us.

I have handled similar cases with other watch brands, and if I may share more, give it a 30winds as suggested by the staff and observe another day or so. If problem persists, do send it back for time-testing and checks.

Hope your issue will be solved soon.

Cheers,
                                [I][COLOR="navy"]"You don't realize how strong a person really is until you see them at their weakest moment." - Unknown[/COLOR][/I]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X