My SM scratched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SM scratched

My Spacemaster glass has a very fine scratch line, about 1 cm length, can't feel when move the finger over it, can only see it in a angle about 45 degree.
    Try clean it with cloth but in vain, any other method to suggest?

Thanks.

Originally posted by BenCheong View Post
    My Spacemaster glass has a very fine scratch line, about 1 cm length, can't feel when move the finger over it, can only see it in a angle about 45 degree.
    Try clean it with cloth but in vain, any other method to suggest?

Thanks.
    Ouch!

Comment

Maybe it's the AR which got scratched. Over some time, u will feel alright. My PO has quite a no. of these fine scratched hairlines on the AR coat too. After some time, there's nothing abt those lines anymore. U can wear it even to do housework. Ha haha... Otherwise, try removing e Outer AR using "Polywatch".Juts a suggestion
      the Trails and the Ocean !

Comment

Originally posted by kermit e froggy View Post
        Maybe it's the AR which got scratched. Over some time, u will feel alright. My PO has quite a no. of these fine scratched hairlines on the AR coat too. After some time, there's nothing abt those lines anymore. U can wear it even to do housework. Ha haha... Otherwise, try removing e Outer AR using "Polywatch".Juts a suggestion
        Is there any AR coating on the outer face? I thought only inner face got AR.
        If nothing can be done, just learn to live with it, maybe the 2nd scratch is coming..haha who know?
        Changing the sapphire will be too ex I guess..

Comment

Is it sapphire glass? Try diamond paste

Only diamond can polish sapphire. But the scratch must be very small. Have tried the paste on tiny scratch < 2mm and it disappeared but took a lot of rubbing. Otherwise may just have to change the crystal.

Comment

Hi wlche2, where can I buy the diamond paste? And roughly how much?
            Thank you sir!

Comment

Hi Ben,
              If it's just the AR then better leave it.
              If it's really the sapphire...which is rare bcos sapphire is v hard Moh 9.
              Only diamond Moh 10 can scratch it, or other Moh 9 and above stuff...
              I wouldn't dare polish it myself, what if worsen?
              Try on an old watch crystal perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by BenCheong View Post
                Is there any AR coating on the outer face? I thought only inner face got AR.
                If nothing can be done, just learn to live with it, maybe the 2nd scratch is coming..haha who know?
                Changing the sapphire will be too ex I guess..
                Yes, i think for ball watches, they have the AR coating on both the surfaces.... correct me if i am wrong...

Comment

don't think you can do much to it. Acrylic still can but sapphire with AR coating very difficult. Guess its ok, cannot expect the watch to be free from these scratches if you wear them. Maybe next time can just change the crystal...

Comment

Thanks..have to live with it, never happen to my other watch so far, don't know bang onto what material can cause this, suay!

BTW anyone know a new crystal cost around how much?

Comment

ben, consolidate n change crystal!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X