No announcement yet.

Do you get the feeling of being a YOYO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you get the feeling of being a YOYO?

First of all, let me say that this is a great site for local watch lovers to congregate & discuss watches. We are able to post light & easy topics & also, do some trading among each other. Good job, moderators & I am not just saying that to curry favours from you guys. BTW, this post isnt about me *****ing, but rather, just a note of my experience in trading watches for fun.

I have been a watch fan for a long while ever since I got hold of my grand-dad’s pre-war winding Longines; it’s just a simple watch with 3 hands & comes without a date & even the word Longines aren’t engraved onto the back of the watch. But I love the 30mm workhorse & I always wear it with pride when I was much younger. Of course, when I started working, I got myself a Raymond Weil quartz & have never looked back since. Though, I have a soft spot for Longines, I have also taken to IWC, Panerai, Jaeger leCoultre, Glashutte Original, Corum, Dubey, Breitling & Ulysse Nardin. I got them from the BNIB & resale market & I have to say that I have great experience dealing with ADs & many other watch lovers that share the same passion as me.

I think I have a pretty good record as a buyer as well as a seller & I don’t like to waste other people’s time; I reckon that if I like the watch & if the price is right, then I will buy it & I am thankful that I am able to do that. Sometimes, I meet really weird buyers too; still, I could always laugh about it & move on. However, what really piss me off big-time is when people treat me like some YOYO. I know it’s not some legal contract-binding agreement when things are agreed via a telephone, but don’t you think it’s rather rude when you back out from a deal, you just disappeared into thin air? I met some guys that wanna buy my watches & after a few sms, we agreed to a certain amount & when the day comes for me to deliver the watch, the feller just vanished into thin air….really amazing!! It just seems like all modes of communication have since broken down & there are no means to contact the guy!! He doesn’t reply any sms nor does he answer the phone at all. It really irks me to think that the guy is running away from me cos of a watch-deal!!

Hey, I am not some big time gangster that could come after you if you wanna back out; I am sure you have very good reasons for doing so & even if you have none, it’s really fine by me. The only thing I ask is that you would, at least, text me & let me know so I don’t have to bring the watch along or something. Singapore is a rather safe place to wear a S$5000 watch around but that doesn’t mean it’s totally safe & the odds are still there that I might get mugged on the way to the carpark. So do spare a thought for us sellers as accidents might happen while carrying the watch & don’t you think it’s unfair for the seller if he falls & damaged the watch when you are not gonna buy from him in the 1st place but too damn lazy to give him a text? As in the case of us buying, if the seller wanna back out, pls text us too cos we need to go to the bank & Q to withdraw cash & sometimes, that might take almost 30 minutes, which includes the drive to the bank, parking & Q-ing!! And when the seller also disappears, the poor buyer will have to Q & spend the same amount of time putting the money back into his account! I think it’s really unjust for him & what if he’s robbed when he leaves the bank with the few thousands of dollars when the seller is too lazy to inform him that the deal is off?

Like I have said, I am not ranting my head off here but rather, just hoping that both as seller & buyer could behave like responsible human beings. It would make the transaction more pleasant & enjoyable. Happy CNY, all!
    I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
    Alfa 33
    Alfa 147
    Alfa GT
    Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
    Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...