Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flamenco View Post
    Thanks Hary.

Was at T3 this morning, poped into Tourbillon Watches ......... low and behold, they have a pc of SS 50 Fathoms (leather strap) and another pc of rose gold Chrono 50 Fathoms (leather strap).

Sleepless in Tokyo now......... and I have to go back the way I came ....
    Thanks bro, will have a look next week at T3 incase it's still available. I've never seen one in person. Do you want me to reserve for you hehe . Enjoy Tokyo.
    [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
    [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
    [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
    [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
    [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
    [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

I want to buy a Blancpain 1 day. Advice please.

Am finding difficulties searching for Blancpain forums, so i though maybe you Rolex guys can help out.

I'm really not into the watch thing as it's such an expensive hobby. I don't know much about luxury/highend watch brands other than Rolex.

One day I was reading a watch book and I saw the Blancpain Erotic Moon series, it has a shinny blue background, a moon and a pen is moving mechanism, the people are painted in gold color, it's not about the erotic part but the whole color scheme makes me drool. It's an antique watch so i probably won't be able to afford it even if i manage to find 1.

Information on Blancpain is so scarce even on the internet, most people never heard of it, even my fellow watch friends pay no interest on it. I was wondering if there is a complete blancpain book catalogue of all their watches, I know Blancpain official site has em but would like more info, like price & strength etc.

So assuming I can only afford 1 Blancpain, how do i find out which 1 to get? Where are the best place to buy them, if not in Singapore then which country offers the best price? Hong Kong? Malaysia? Switzerland?

Do shops offer discounts on them or like Rolex they have tight price control?

I'm not very good at choosing expensive luxury things. The more you willing to pay the more unlimited choices you get, and higher the chance of making a wrong decision. I just bough a Porche Spectacle Frame, it was very expensive to me I never bough such expensive frames and it was really a bad choice compared to other options I could have chosen, good thing the company's paying but still I hope this kind of thing will never happen again.

Advice needed.

Comment

Look for Sam, Blancpain Boutique Mgr, Raffles Hotel.

Comment

http://www.thewatchquote.com/List-Pr...ches-No_46.htm

Here are some of the prices...you can check out the whole selection or probably most of it there with the prices.

Buy with your heart...see which 1 smiles at you

MUST it be a Blancpain? Maybe you can still look around abit more...get to know more brands then compare again. Having absolutely no knowledge and going into Blancplain....not simple not simple. My advise just have a look and get to know more about the other brands first before making your mind...I am pretty sure you will deviate from your target esp since you are new

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

I've been down to the Blancpain boutique, nice bunch of guys there.

Recent, trendy sports models are the Fifty Fathoms. Good watches, very nice sapphire bezels, talk about scratch-proof.

Since you mentioned it, I had the opportunity to see one of their minute repeaters, with erotic automata at the back. Very beautiful piece .... cost a staggering 3xxK figure! I quickly put it back on the display board immediately (hands shaking) when I heard the price. Hehheh.

Comment

Once u have been Blancpain, its hard to turn back ........

50 Fathoms wait list is long ......... glad I got mine

Comment

Originally posted by cmsoh View Post
                I've been down to the Blancpain boutique, nice bunch of guys there.

Recent, trendy sports models are the Fifty Fathoms. Good watches, very nice sapphire bezels, talk about scratch-proof.

Since you mentioned it, I had the opportunity to see one of their minute repeaters, with erotic automata at the back. Very beautiful piece .... cost a staggering 3xxK figure! I quickly put it back on the display board immediately (hands shaking) when I heard the price. Hehheh.
                yeap... was with cmsoh at Blancpain boutique... was really tempted to get the Fifty Fathoms... That's one watch that I hope to own one day...
                The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
                  yeap... was with cmsoh at Blancpain boutique... was really tempted to get the Fifty Fathoms... That's one watch that I hope to own one day...
                  Yeah, he "molested" the watch more than me.

Comment

Blancpain

How about brand discussion... let's start with a brand not common in SG... Blancpain....feel free to discuss anything... if anyone owns any of their watches... pictures will be good too...

P.S. This is a general discussion, anyone can express their views on their brand and watches... so if there is anything negative expressed, Blancpain owners, please do not take it to heart....

Comment

Although blancpain is not very common in sg, they have its own boutique located at Raffles Hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by cedric View Post
                        How about brand discussion... let's start with a brand not common in SG... Blancpain....feel free to discuss anything... if anyone owns any of their watches... pictures will be good too...

P.S. This is a general discussion, anyone can express their views on their brand and watches... so if there is anything negative expressed, Blancpain owners, please do not take it to heart....
                        Hi Cedric,

I know Hary had recently gotten his Fifty Fathoms and posted few very good shots over there.

You might want to check it out. Enjoy
                        A Crown For Every Achievement.

Comment

Mr Kenny... it's been long since we last met... yah... known about Hary's and saw the fantastic pics as well.... (as usual, his pics are stunning)

Just wanted to understand more about uncommon brands in SG... so started with Blancpain... hopefully some "Old Bird" here will contribute....

Comment

review

read about it..maybe can help u decide better
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

it is like having to compare the SD/DSSD v Fifty Fathom v Master Compressor Diver v.....v.....

time of switzerland is selling fifty fathom for USD8k which works to be about S$12.4. so it is about the same price as DSSD. will the fathom have a good resale value like DSSD?

the case size is 45mm, so it is quite big from a certain perspective. why is it sought after? limited production?

the challenge question i ask is rolex has this following despite its larger production numbers. will panerai have its current following if their production numbers increase to like rolex? will panerai price be still so stiff if the production number increase. likewise, fifty fathom may command that price tag, if their production number goes up to like rolex DSSD, what will happen.
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hmmmm.. very interesting point....leaves alot to ponder...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X